Luggage Tags

If you mean your luggage tags with your room number on them those are no longer mailed. You will have to log into Carnival website and print your luggage tags along with your boarding documents.

They are paper tags you print out. You can then laminate them or not and then tape, staple or cable tie to your luggage. They are not like the Airline ones at all. You will need to fold them in three places.

When should we get our luggage tags in the mail? We are about 3 weeks out and still havent received them.

Or you can wait until you get to the port and they have blank ones.

I never print them out myself.

Have you been cruising on RCL perhaps.. they still mail them out and thats where you could have gotten this from.

Its been years seems like since Carnival mailed out docs (which included the tags, they never just mailed out the luggage tags like RCL does)

If I remember correctly, they are part of your cruise documents. As you print out your documents, your tags will print out too.

We usually use a clear packing tape over the paper and then fold and staple the tags around the handles on our luggage. Other people laminate. Some don't use anything. It's all what you are comfortable with.

Like the yags that are stickers (like the airlines use)? You print those at home now? And tape them to your bag????

Yeah we have to print them ourselves now. We always print them and then laminate them with laminating paper, then right before we go into the cruise terminal staple the ends together around the handle on the luggage.

We wait until we are at the port and get them from the porters.

I am not about to go to the trouble of having their paper ones laminated.

High 5s, as usual you and I are on the same page.

Seriously, I cant believe people laminate these. I go on 6 to 8 cruises a year, and think its a lot to get all the boarding passes and stuff printed out.. print out luggage tags for all my Carnival cruises .. I dont think so.

People must not cruise much who do all this?

I print out the boarding pass, thats it.

Carnival does not mail them. You print them online at Carnival.com. Login and you can print your luggage tags and boarding pass. You fold the tags in thirds like the directions show and then the easiest way to secure them on is with clear packing tape.

Seriously, I cant believe people laminate these. I go on 6 to 8 cruises a year, and think its a lot to get all the boarding passes and stuff printed out.. print out luggage tags for all my Carnival cruises .. I dont think so.

You are very lucky to be able to go on 6-8 cruises per year! Unfortunately, we are only able to go on 1 per year, so it is really not much trouble at all to print them myself and then laminate them. Love your attitude though!:confused:

We don't spend the money on laminating. We use clear packing tape.

If you booked through a travel agent s/he can print them out for you.

You have filled out your boarding info?

i print them on card stock, then cut out the tag, no folding. Then laminate them , i have my own laminater. Punch holes and attach with a small zip tie. I will attach them before our flight out just in case the luggage gets misplaced. Then if the tags are still on fine, if not i have more that i will attach. I also keep a printed paper one inside the front zipper area, again in case the tag gets torn off, this has never happened but you never know!

Last cruise we used clear packing tape to reinforce our lugggage tags and then I used a hole puncher to poke a hole in them. I brought zip ties with me so that we could attach the tags to the bags in the hotel the morning of the cruise

I laminate my tags. This will be my 4th cruise, so I am still working my way up, my parents have been on 10 cruises and laminate their's as well. It's not a lot for us to print them out and laminate them. DH & I like to do it, for one it's gets us even more excited knowing it's almost time for our cruise and also we like to have everything ready to go once we get to the terminal.

But just reread what you wrote and said you go on 6 to 8 cruises a year, jealous:) Wish we could cruise that much.

That wasn't nice to say. Whether you cruise a lot...as you do...or first timers...it's just a great idea to laminate those tags.

I have filled out my online paperwork, just havent printed it. I just took another cruise line cruise in April and got them in the mail....as i did my last few other cruises....so i guess that is why i was unsure.

My logic about asking about securing them is because i know how rough they handle the bags, and i know paper will not hold up too much. Yes, i with i will do tape and wait til we get to port to attach them.

That wasn't nice to say. Whether you cruise a lot...as you do...or first timers...it's just a great idea to laminate those tags.

I dont think its mean to say I cant believe people go thru all this trouble.

If you cruise once every year .. ok, you have a whole year to plan and think about it and if you have only cruised a few times, its still exciting.

After about 40 in the last 5 to 7 years .. some cruises are less than a week or a month apart .. Im not laminating all those luggage tags .. I had three cruises within about one month this spring.. laminate all those luggage tags .. heck I was barely getting back, doing laundry and printing the next set of boarding pass, hotel and airfare and shuttle info ..

I just dont see a need to do something that is a lot of work, that I can get for free at the port. I see Stu agreed with me..

You can say its mean to say Im too busy cruising to get all those tags laminated .. I say its practical .. and being honest. Its a waste of my time when I can do FREE and pick up one at the port .. but usually I just do a carry on if I am flying.

I dont see what fun people think laminating those tags is? Makes no sense to me.. mean?? ok .. I must be mean. I think its a waste of my time and money and energy.

Archived