Do you get a guilty feeling if you pull your kids out of school?

dad son team

Awwww, Looks like were all busted;) ...sblahars has us all figured out...oh well. We knew he'd see thru us someday, didn't we??

(What is planet is this guy from???) I have been reading and I have yet to see where we have all come to the 'point that he is right' ...Am I missing something??

I say: Terrible parents of the world unite!!!

Yup....they are right and the rest of us are wrong. I hate to be busted so publicly!:)

Do you have enrollment forms for the new club?

Well, I'm glad you all finally came around to see that I am right. I suggest trying to end this thread on a positive note. I know these threads can be closed, does anyone know how to do that?

I really have enjoyed this discussion, but it clearly is going nowhere, which is why I think it should be ended.

This is not the frist time you have suggested that you want this thread closed. You have wanted it locked before...( Just take your toys and go home if you feel defeated) You could stop trying to push your rediculous views on everyone else...and then to say we all agree with you when you are clearly in the minority is kind of suggesting ( what many of us have thougth from the begining) that you are sort of out of touch with realality.:confused:

Something just occurred to me while reading the title of this thread...so, to the OP I want to say something......

As parents we carry enough guilt to last 3 lifetimes. We're always second guessing ourselves. My suggestion is to NEVER allow yourself to feel guilty over spending time with your kids...just because it's during school season doesn't make it a bad thing. Spending quality time with your kids is something no one should ever feel guilty about. Time with kids and guilt should never be in the same sentence, unless you aren't spending enough time with them. Them by all means, feel guilt. ;)

Something just occurred to me while reading the title of this thread...so, to the OP I want to say something......

As parents we carry enough guilt to last 3 lifetimes. We're always second guessing ourselves. My suggestion is to NEVER allow yourself to feel guilty over spending time with your kids...just because it's during school season doesn't make it a bad thing. Spending quality time with your kids is something no one should ever feel guilty about. Time with kids and guilt should never be in the same sentence, unless you aren't spending enough time with them. Them by all means, feel guilt. ;)

Excellent Halos! Missing a few days of school is so small in the big scheme of things. The OP sounded very level-headed and I am sure is a great parent. :)

Yeah good idea, because what is more important than having your kids go to school....EVERYTHING IS!!!!!

Wow. I didn't think you'd finally jump sides. So now you think that everything else is more important than kids in school. Who'd of known.:rolleyes:

I guess I would feel guilty now if I took a cruise with my daughter and make her miss time from school. We love traveling with her but times have changed and public schools now have different rules. They receive funding based on attendance and do not allow students to make up work missed if they are on vacation - I guess I could lie and say she was sick but I'm afraid the suntan might give it away....;)

rates are too high during the summer for us and it seems the best prices are when school is in session. We found a great rate on a cruise over Thanksgiving week and it just so happens she has that week off at this school. Traveling can be a great way for our children to learn about other places and other cultures but I like to suppliment them with her formal education - not in place of it. I imagine things would be different if my child was in elementary school but she's in high school and her grades are too important at this stage.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions when it comes to things like this but in answer to the original question? my daughter hates missing time from school and loves to cruise - we'll do what we can to look out for her and if we have to take a shorter cruise or pay a little extra, it's worth it.......:)

Again...This thread is from the original question about taking children out of school for various reasons....like jc said...uhh, cruise critic (Family forum message board)...not 'lets talk about whatever sblahars wants to talk about". Come on...are you even on the same thread as the rest of us. I think it has been suggested before, that if you are tired of talking about the subject of children being out of school for vacation...then please, stop replying and find another thread to attack.:rolleyes:

I've taken so much heat from continuing this debate, been called all kinds of names just because I'm very into this discussion....but now I'm taking heat when I don't want to continue to beat a dead horse...that doesn't seem fair.

Actually, I'd say you've taken so much heat because you've been so rude and nasty in so many of your posts on this thread. Why don't you just apologize for the mean things you said to other posters who simply shared a different opinion?

Have you (meaning everyone) not said rude things to me because I am staying on topic? Just a day or so ago I read how awful I was because I won't let it go...so now I am trying, but nope, I'm still awful. Talk about being narrow minded, gosh, nothing I can do is acceptable. I can't have opinions that differ from yours, I can't try to start a different conversation, I can't keep talking about my beliefs...

So tell me, what exactly is acceptable?

O good grief. Poor guy. We feel so sorry for you. You obviously have some issues that I am an unequipped to deal with. :D

jc

Yea actually I am work right now and this thread just caught my eye and now I've spent about 30 minutes reading it. Finding it hard to turn it off. (you know the train wreck syndrome) I have read a lot of threads, mostly on the HAL sites, but this one really takes the cake.

I said it seems you must be very sad...you know, as in that's the impression your giving.

You refuse to admit that your (narrow-minded) views are in the minority here...you refuse to let others do as they please with regards to their own children...you 'refuse not to defend yourself'...you are the only one here(from what I can tell) that is even taking this whole thing serious still...

You ignore most of the questions posed to you...(don't even ask 'what questions have I not answered?'...go back and read them yourself). You get fixated on one part of a post and you, (my friend), you do the attacking. As I and others have stated...you have been hostile since your first post.

Also, just wondering:confused: ...what part of the country are you from? In general, I don't want specifics...just a broad geographical area...again just courious...:confused:

trying desprately to make sense of many of the things you feel compeled to post.

I do admit (and have in the past on this thread) my views are the minority...on this thread, but not with the general public.

Again, why didn't eveyone just ignore me when I said you were bad parents? They defended themselves, I'll do the same.

And I am from a suburb of Detroit.

Archived