Looking for opinion

crusing_guy

When returning from my most recent cruise on the Carnival Victory, the airline I used left two of my checked pieces of luggage in San Juan. While the pieces of luggage were delivered to my home the following day, I was wondering what people's opinions are as to if I should contact the airline about being refunded the fee I had paid to have the luggage checked. I would be interested in any opinions.

Did you use the Luggage Express program, and are asking about getting that fee refunded? Or are you asking about the airline fee for checked baggage? Either one, I'd at least bring it up and ask about it, can't hurt to try. They obviously failed to get your luggage on your plane!

Did you use the Luggage Express program, and are asking about getting that fee refunded? Or are you asking about the airline fee for checked baggage? Either one, I'd at least bring it up and ask about it, can't hurt to try. They obviously failed to get your luggage on your plane!

I am asking about the airline fee......I did not use luggage express....What was bad was that there were 15 pieces of luggage that were removed from the plane by the airline because they were having trouble closing a hatch......The 15 pieces of luggage were not put back on the plane after they fixed the hatch.....

Yes - I would ask or complain in a heartbeat! You paid for your luggage to travel with you and it didn't. Would you take issue if they left your DW/DH/child - they all payed! :)

A couple of years ago, one of our bags was lost. It was DH's bag and in it was (2) suits and a tux. He only has (2) suits and (1) tux and we had a formal event to attend the night we returned home - needless to say, we were unable to attend the event.

Back then - you didn't have to pay for luggage; but NOW you do - I would certainly take issue with the airline!

Absolutely, you paid extra for it to be on the SAME flight as you. They did not accomplish that so you are due a refund of those fees regardless of the fact that you did get the luggage at a later time. I would calmly and clearly contact the airline and state your issue and your expectations.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions......I contacted the airline and they will be issuing a refund of $45.00 for the two bags which were delayed.

They are obligated to refund your fee under new guidelines.

Archived