Sydney berth

I believe we will have a lot more check in people for the Voyager which should make it a lot quicker and also some other "surprises" that, along with a staggered check in times, will help.

Thanks for the info again, i like your positivity, er, ifs thats a word.lol

Interesting to note that our cruise on the Diamond Princess which we board on the 8th March 2013 and leave on the 9th March 2013 has us down for leaving on 8th March at 20.00hours. :eek:

Ok' date=' that's weird.... if you click on the first schedule it shows the above. If you go into the site on the second link and click on the PDF is shows that we are overnighting. Sheesh.... I will look at the second one seeing as it seems to be the more correct one.

What the? Now both is showing correct.... I give up!!!![/quote']

I'll be booking a flight for the morning of the 8th Eileen. That gives us a 24 hr safety net. Still it mighty be good to double check that one.

Thanks for the info again, i like your positivity, er, ifs thats a word.lol

Negativity is a word.......... so you why not positivity. :D:D and it does not get a red line under it when you type it ...so it must be a " real " word

Facility/logistics wise they would probably prefer to use WEB although I guess no one yet knows what it will be like . As for the QM2 "berthing" at WEB..... it is not.. it will be berthed at the OPT... BUT passenger processing will be done at WEB and then they will, I guess, be bused around to the OPT to board.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to be just doing it for passenger comfort, when it's far more attractive and comfortable for passengers to get on and off at OPT.

Can you imagine international tourists being berthed in a ship opposite the Opera House, then being bussed around to White Bay to be let out, and then the same thing for passengers getting on?

As for OPT, it works well in many situations as well. Some times it gets congested, but rather than going to all the trouble of organising buses and transfers at a remote location, if they're going to that trouble it'd be better just to put marquees up for the queue and do the rest of the smooth processing inside OPT.

On that point, it's actually worse to get to Barangaroo in the rain being a longer trip, not level and less comfortable. In both cases, once you're inside the building it's fine. So it doesn't make sense to use the terminal facilities just for passengers when OPT is at least as good.

Archived