Sydney berth

Found complete and official Sydney cruiseship schedule for the coming season. There are two ports used and is of importance to those making hotel reservations. Search "Sydney Port Schedule" in any search engine and you will find schedule published by port authority.

Found complete and official Sydney cruiseship schedule for the coming season. There are two ports used and is of importance to those making hotel reservations. Search "Sydney Port Schedule" in any search engine and you will find schedule published by port authority.

Good advice. From 1 March 2013 Barrangaroo Wharf 5 will close and a new berth will open at White Bay in Balmain. The Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay remains in place. The last ship to depart from Barangaroo Wharf 5 will be Pacific Pearl on 28 February. The first group of passengers to disembark at the new berth will be on an Atlantis chartered Oosterdam cruise from Auckland arriving on 3 March. The first cruise to embark from Balmain will be a 14 Day Pacific cruise on the Oosterdam on the same day. On March 3 Pacific Princess is using the Overseas passenger terminal at Circular Quay. There does not seem to be an obvious rule about which line uses which berth and occasionally a ship will leave from one berth and return to the other. Cunard is berthing QM2 at Balmain.

Try this link to check out where your are embarking/disembarking. A few ships use a different berth on their round trip into and out of Sydmey.

http://www.globenettravel.com.au/cruises/sydney_port_cruise_schedule.asp

Are you sure QM2 can fit under the bridge:confused:

Looks like it. All her visits are booked on the west side, either at Barangaroo or when that closes at White Bay.

I'd thought it must have been because they were late to book, but they even choose to berth there when there's nobody at OPT.

The last ship to depart from Barangaroo Wharf 5 will be Pacific Pearl on 28 February. The first group of passengers to disembark at the new berth will be on an Atlantis chartered Oosterdam cruise from Auckland arriving on 3 March. .

Hi all,

Just checked the Sydney Ports web site and it looks like Pacific Pearl is the last ship out of Barangaroo Wharf 5 on 28 Feb, but looks like she is only moving across the bay to Balmain Wharf 5 ready for her departure on 1 March at 4 pm. So appears Pacific Pearl is actually the first to board passengers at Balmain to depart and then Oosterdam the first to arrive and disembark passengers the next morning.

It will be interesting to see what facilities are available at Balmain to cope with arrivals and departures. Does anyone know what facilities are being built? ie. undercover checkin, security, Customs & Immigration, taxi ranks, private car drop-off / pick-up, any long-term passenger parking... etc..

The link to Sydney Ports is:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/17738/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v166.0_18_June_2012.pdf

or http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule then click on the pdf link at the bottom.

I trust that the Sydney Ports web site is the most up-to-date.

Mark.

What's happening at the old Wharf 8 site...will that replace White Bay in the future?

I believe it is swallowed up by the biger than Ben Hur development at Barrangaroo - now up to modification 6 so who knows what will happen. There is a "passenger terminal" in the public space area but that looks like being for harbour ferries to provide public transport not for cruise ships. Much to the unease of local residents, Balmain (White Nay) is being touted as the bright future for cruising. I think it can berth two at a time and there is potential for surrounding development - according to the pollies - not the residents!

Colleen

There does not seem to be an obvious rule about which line uses which berth and occasionally a ship will leave from one berth and return to the other. Cunard is berthing QM2 at Balmain.

The "obvious rule" is ships (or cruise lines that have ships) that fit under the bridge will use White( Elephant) Bay / Barangaroo unless there is no room and then they will use the OPT. eg P&O Princess & Holland America. Royal Caribbean /Celebrity ships are to big to go under the bridge so have to use the OPT. Facility/logistics wise they would probably prefer to use WEB although I guess no one yet knows what it will be like . As for the QM2 "berthing" at WEB..... it is not.. it will be berthed at the OPT... BUT passenger processing will be done at WEB and then they will, I guess, be bused around to the OPT to board.

This is why I call the new terminal White" Elephant" Bay. It can only, because of the bridge, accommodate the "smaller" cruise ships, so in this growing Australian cruise market, unless the cruise lines limit the size of ship they base in Sydney (and bigger ships = more passengers = more profit) and the limits, both size and operational, of the OPT there does not seem to be great future for White Bay apart from the current fleet of cruise ships being used for the next twenty years because they are the only ones that will fit under the bridge. Already with the Carnival Spirit being based here Carnival are forced to use the OPT as do Princess when the Diamond is here

To Kinkacruiser What's happening at the old Wharf 8 site...will that replace White Bay in the future?

The old wharf 8 and wharf 5 Barangaroo are being redeveloped as harbour side parklands and will disappear forever.

Cunard is berthing QM2 at Balmain.

Are you sure QM2 can fit under the bridge:confused:

QM2 does not fit under the bridge.

You may find that "Balmain" is where the pax report and are processed then taken to the ship either in busses or catamarans.

When we joined QM2 for a short Sydney to Auckland crossing , we went to Glebe Island and were then taken by cat to the ship at Garden Island.

We went through Customs and Immigration at the Glebe Island marquee, and then once on board , were processed by Cunard in the Queens Ballroom.:)

Hi all,

The link to Sydney Ports is:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/17738/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v166.0_18_June_2012.pdf

or http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule then click on the pdf link at the bottom.

I trust that the Sydney Ports web site is the most up-to-date.

Mark.

Thanks Mark, I have replaced my desktop link with the official one.

The arrangement of processing at Balmain and bussing to OPT seems very kludgy - can understand it for "temporary" berths like Garden Island or tendered ones like Athol Buoy but why do it if the ship is berthed at OPT where there are full processing facilities. I don't doubt the information just questioning the logic of it all.

Thanks Mark, I have replaced my desktop link with the official one.

The arrangement of processing at Balmain and bussing to OPT seems very kludgy - can understand it for "temporary" berths like Garden Island or tendered ones like Athol Buoy but why do it if the ship is berthed at OPT where there are full processing facilities. I don't doubt the information just questioning the logic of it all.

Maybe because the facilities at the OPT are apalling. The facility might be able to cope with a very small ship, but it is hopeless with passenger numbers around 1,800 or more. There are usually long queues in the sun/rain.

Maybe because the facilities at the OPT are apalling. The facility might be able to cope with a very small ship, but it is hopeless with passenger numbers around 1,800 or more. There are usually long queues in the sun/rain.

Carnival Spirit will be using the OPT all the time.:eek:

That will be fun for her 2,680 passengers:D:D

Is White Bay located near Darling Harbour?

as the crow flies straight across the harbour....to drive there you have to go over the Anzac Bridge and turn into Roberts st

Interesting to note that our cruise on the Diamond Princess which we board on the 8th March 2013 and leave on the 9th March 2013 has us down for leaving on 8th March at 20.00hours. :eek:

Ok, that's weird.... if you click on the first schedule it shows the above. If you go into the site on the second link and click on the PDF is shows that we are overnighting. Sheesh.... I will look at the second one seeing as it seems to be the more correct one.

What the? Now both is showing correct.... I give up!!!!

Interesting to note that our cruise on the Diamond Princess which we board on the 8th March 2013 and leave on the 9th March 2013 has us down for leaving on 8th March at 20.00hours. :eek:

Ok' date=' that's weird.... if you click on the first schedule it shows the above. If you go into the site on the second link and click on the PDF is shows that we are overnighting. Sheesh.... I will look at the second one seeing as it seems to be the more correct one.

What the? Now both is showing correct.... I give up!!!![/quote']

going by sydney ports the Diamond overnights in Sydney 8th march and departs at 1pm on the 9th march

Ok' date=' that's weird.... if you click on the first schedule it shows the above. If you go into the site on the second link and click on the PDF is shows that we are overnighting. Sheesh.... I will look at the second one seeing as it seems to be the more correct one.

What the? Now both is showing correct.... I give up!!!![/quote']

going by sydney ports the Diamond overnights in Sydney 8th march and departs at 1pm on the 9th march

Diamond is being offered in 2 ways for that one. You cna join in either Auckland for a 38 nt cruise or 24 night cruise from Sydney.

Looks like either way you get an overnight in Sydney...Whoopee!!!!

22-Feb-2013, departs Auckland, New Zealand

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Auckland, New Zealand 6.00pm

2 Tauranga, New Zealand 7.00am 6.00pm

3 At Sea

4 Picton, New Zealand 8.00am 5.00pm

5 Wellington, New Zealand 7.00am 6.00pm

6 Christchurch (Lyttleton), New Zealand 8.00am 6.00pm

7 Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand 8.00am 6.00pm

8 Fjordland National Park, New Zealand 9.00am 7.00pm

9 At Sea

10 At Sea

11 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 8.00am 6.00pm

12 At Sea

13 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 7.00am 5.00pm

14 At Sea

15 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 6.00am overnight

16 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1.00pm

17 At Sea

18 At Sea

19 Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia 7.00am 6.00pm

20 At Sea

21 At Sea

22 Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 12.00pm 7.00pm

23 At Sea

24 At Sea

25 At Sea

26 At Sea

27 At Sea

28 Hong Kong 9.00am overnight

29 Hong Kong 5.00pm

30 At Sea

31 Keelung, Taiwan 7.00am 6.00pm

32 At Sea

33 Kagoshima, Japan 7.00am 4.00pm

34 Busan, (Pusan) South Korea 12.00pm 7.00pm

35 At Sea

36 Shanghai, China 7.00am 6.00pm

37 At Sea

38 Dalian, China 7.00am 2.00pm

39 Beijing (Tianjin), China 4.00am

08-Mar-2013, departs Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia overnight

2 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 1.00pm 3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia 7.00am 6.00pm

6 At Sea

7 At Sea

8 Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 12.00pm 7.00pm

9 At Sea

10 At Sea

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 At Sea

14 Hong Kong 9.00am overnight

15 Hong Kong 5.00pm

16 At Sea

17 Keelung, Taiwan 7.00am 6.00pm

18 At Sea

19 Kagoshima, Japan 7.00am 4.00pm

20 Busan, (Pusan) South Korea 12.00pm 7.00pm

21 At Sea

22 Shanghai, China 7.00am 6.00pm

23 At Sea

24 Dalian, China 7.00am 2.00pm

25 Beijing (Tianjin), China 4.00am

Does anyone know how to get to the new cruise terminal at White Bay using public transport i.e. trains? I think it is going to be extremely difficult and costly if taxis are to be used. It is just so easy at present either going to OPT or Barangaroo. I really don't thik this has been thought thru. The traffic around that area on a sailing day is going to be a nightmare!:(

PS Diamond Princess seems to be doing a couple of overnighters in Sydney.

When we arrive in from Bangkok we arrive at 1.00pm and disembark the following morning!

Well that makes my decision to only cruise with ships docking at the OPT from now on.

Whilst they facilities there ARE appalling for a large ship and waiting times can be pretty bad at times - White Bay has always been TERRIBLE idea and it really doesn't entice me to want to cruise with lines that will only use it.

Does anyone know how to get to the new cruise terminal at White Bay using public transport i.e. trains? I think it is going to be extremely difficult and costly if taxis are to be used. It is just so easy at present either going to OPT or Barangaroo. I really don't thik this has been thought thru. The traffic around that area on a sailing day is going to be a nightmare!:(

PS Diamond Princess seems to be doing a couple of overnighters in Sydney.

When we arrive in from Bangkok we arrive at 1.00pm and disembark the following morning!

i think the best option is a taxi, they do run government buses to Balmain but you would have to drag your luggage along Roberts rd

Hi kiwi kruzer, take the "s" off whites bay and google White Bay and you,ll find it. Also i wonder if they processed passengers for QM2 at barangaroo last time when she was berthed at the opt.?that would,nt make sence to me. When Voyager of the seas comes in to the opt later this year , even though she is smaller tonnage than QM2, she carries about 500 more passengers and looks like she will do all the processing at the opt.

Hi kiwi kruzer, take the "s" off whites bay and google White Bay and you,ll find it. Also i wonder if they processed passengers for QM2 at barangaroo last time when she was berthed at the opt.?that would,nt make sence to me. When Voyager of the seas comes in to the opt later this year , even though she is smaller tonnage than QM2, she carries about 500 more passengers and looks like she will do all the processing at the opt.

I believe we will have a lot more check in people for the Voyager which should make it a lot quicker and also some other "surprises" that, along with a staggered check in times, will help.

Archived