Where can you drink soda cans/water bottles?

hershey4

[quote name='hershey4']That's great! My kids (teens) said they would be embarrassed to bring cans into the dining room, but if other people do it, so can I!![/quote]

I'm with your teens, but that's just me. I think it looks embarrassingly cheap. Others don't feel that way. Back to the question at hand though, there's no policy against you doing it.

[quote name='SuiteCruiser']I've never seen anyone do it, so it's nit that common either.[/QUOTE]

Ok- I guess that's my answer then. It may be allowed, but no one really does it. What about wine? What happens if you open a bottle at dinner, but don't finish it?

[quote name='hershey4']If you bring your own soda cans/water bottles, can you bring them into the dining rooms and buffet areas? Or, should we limit drinking to our cabins and on deck? Thanks![/quote]
I have only taken to the buffet or pool.

[quote name='hershey4']Ok- I guess that's my answer then. It may be allowed, but no one really does it. What about wine? What happens if you open a bottle at dinner, but don't finish it?[/quote]
You can take back to your room or most people will have them hold it for you until the next night.

[quote name='hershey4']Ok- I guess that's my answer then. It may be allowed, but no one really does it. What about wine? What happens if you open a bottle at dinner, but don't finish it?[/quote]

You have two choices with wine. You can take the rest of the bottle to your cabin or you can have them save it for you. If saved you can ask for it in any lounge or the MDR or specialty restaurants and the server will get it for you and serve it to you.
We've never done it in the buffet so I don't know if someone there will get it for you.

[quote name='hershey4']If you bring your own soda cans/water bottles, can you bring them into the dining rooms and buffet areas? Or, should we limit drinking to our cabins and on deck? Thanks![/QUOTE]

My personal opinion is if they sell the item on board, it is tacky to bring your own to the dining room. I would consider bringing a can of caffeine free Pepsi, but I wouldn't bring a can of regular Pepsi.

If you did bring your own, whatever the server might think, they would still smile and bring you a glass of ice if you wanted it.

[quote name='Hopes4']My personal opinion is if they sell the item on board, it is tacky to bring your own to the dining room. I would consider bringing a can of caffeine free Pepsi, but I wouldn't bring a can of regular Pepsi.

If you did bring your own, whatever the server might think, they would still smile and bring you a glass of ice if you wanted it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, you've hit the nail on the head. If I drink caffeine after 2 pm or so I could be up until 3 in the morning. At home, I only drink caffeine free Coke or Pepsi. I don't care for sprite or ginger ale, nor do I drink iced tea (would have caffeine in it anyway) or lemonade. That basically limits me to water, which is what I drank on my one and only other cruise. I wouldn't drink more than a couple of cans a day, so the soda package isn't worth it to me.

I thought bringing in my own can might work, but if it is not generally done, I wouldn't feel comfortable. Even with knowing I'd be bringing in caffeine free, no one else would notice that subtle difference, and it would feel awkward, I would imagine.

Some guess, for me, it's purchase it by the glass, or just drink water.

[quote name='hershey4']To be honest, you've hit the nail on the head. If I drink caffeine after 2 pm or so I could be up until 3 in the morning. At home, I only drink caffeine free Coke or Pepsi. I don't care for sprite or ginger ale, nor do I drink iced tea (would have caffeine in it anyway) or lemonade. That basically limits me to water, which is what I drank on my one and only other cruise. I wouldn't drink more than a couple of cans a day, so the soda package isn't worth it to me.

I thought bringing in my own can might work, but if it is not generally done, I wouldn't feel comfortable. Even with knowing I'd be bringing in caffeine free, no one else would notice that subtle difference, and it would feel awkward, I would imagine.

Some guess, for me, it's purchase it by the glass, or just drink water.[/QUOTE]

I wish they sold caffeine free Pepsi on the ship. I would bring some with me anyway. You could always bring it in with you anyway and who cares what anyone thinks and/or you might eat at the buffet and no one would notice there at all.

Depending on the day, embarrassing my kids might be a bonus. ;-)

[quote name='SuiteCruiser']I've never seen anyone do it, so it's nit that common either.[/quote]

My wife does it all the time, breakfast, lunch, and dinner...if we're eating all that. She LIKES her diet pepsi and we take several 12 packs on board. No problem at all...and the serving staff does not care what so ever if she asks for a glass of ice in which to pour her Pepsi. So to the original poster, do not worry about appearances. There are none. Also, I'm sure our bar bill I'm sure off sets whatever loss NCL incurs with our own Pepsis. Amd I might add, who knows whether the can of Pepsi was purchased on the ship or your own. They all look alike.

If you are gracious and appreciative i do not believe that anyone will care. I pay the corkage fee and bring my wine in. There is no rule against it and you are not asking someone to do something difficult. If you are still concerned then leave an extra tip.

No one cares, really. I or someone in my family have frequently taken some sort of drink into the MDR.

Now, if you are bringing a Coke into the dining room (or carrying it around the ship) you may be questioned by Coke addicts wondering where you obtained the wonderful elixir;).

We only bring soda onboard if they don't sell what DW wants to drink, I'll drink anything and we get the kids soda cards.

people carry their drinks, from the bar, into the dining rooms. we bring our glass of soda. we don't carry the can around, but we do get a glass from our cabin, fill with ice and soda. no one noticed or even cared. one night, DH had the 12oz pepsi bottle in his pocket, when the waiter asked if he wanted more ice, he refilled his drink. it does seem less tacky to carry around your glass of soda, rather then a can. :cool:

DH and I always bring Coke. I may be seen with a can or my thermal cup. What I didn't realize was the fact that instead of enjoying their cruise people are making judgement calls on [B]MY[/B] choice. Also, to agree with sparks1093, people always want to know where I got the Coke from. Bring your soda and drink it when/where ever you choose and have a wonderful cruise.

[quote name='hershey4']If you bring your own soda cans/water bottles, can you bring them into the dining rooms and buffet areas? Or, should we limit drinking to our cabins and on deck? Thanks![/quote]

I have often seen people bringing in their own drinks, in cans, bottles or by the glass, coke or pepsi products. I suspect that the vast majority of fellow cruisers won't even notice or care other than those that ask where you got the can of pop and then wishing they had brought their own. Sure some may think it is tacky but probably no more than what have stated that on here and that is not many compared to the number of people on the ship. Do whatever your comfortable with. NCL lets you bring it on therefore I doubt they care if you then drink it.

Dave

In 7 past NCL cruises I've never noticed anyone do this. So, if it's being done I guess it's not terribly noticeable so go for it! :)

I'm too lazy to carry it around so I just leave mine in our room and enjoy it there.

Have fun!

Archived