Table for two in the MDR

Pickels

dont think so NCL doesnt do "tradional dinning" everynight you pick the place where you wanna eat and go to the mdr buffet or specialty resturant..THe MDR works the same as your local sit down resturant you walk up ask for a table for 2 they sit you at a table for 2.. Not sharing tables with other cruisers.. Different wait staff, different tables..

Try calling the dining reservations line same-day and requesting. On the Gem in September, they allowed for same-day reservations in the MDR if you called before the MDR opened for the night. I've heard other NCL ships won't allow this, but no harm in asking. You most likely should not have and issue with just showing up either as NCL has the Freestyke concept pretty well tuned.

If you just want the same waiter, I have seen people on here say they've had luck walking in and asking for a specific wait staff's table assuming that person was working in the MDR that night. You may also have to wait if that person has their full allotment of tables.

I doubt that you can get the same table. Tables for two are pretty easy to get, table for two near the windows not so much. Part of Freestyle is no structured dining. All you have to do is show up and ask for a table for two when the MDR is open and you'll get one. Reserving one is a different story, if everyone reserved a table each night, it wouldn't be Freestyle anymore.:D

I doubt that you can get the same table. Tables for two are pretty easy to get, table for two near the windows not so much. Part of Freestyle is no structured dining. All you have to do is show up and ask for a table for two when the MDR is open and you'll get one. Reserving one is a different story, if everyone reserved a table each night, it wouldn't be Freestyle anymore.:D

Freestyle cruising is about doing what YOU want when YOU want to, instead of having the cruise line tell you your dining time each night. Making a reservation for the same table or waiter because you want to does not go against Freestyle. The ship may or may not allow it, but it doesn't go against the concept at all.

If you want to get to know your servers, then you need to request their area each night. They move around almost daily and sometimes are assigned to the specialty restaurants as part of their rotation. Each meal you go to, ask for the server you want, if they are working, they will try to accommodate you.

Freestyle cruising is about doing what YOU want when YOU want to, instead of having the cruise line tell you your dining time each night. Making a reservation for the same table or waiter because you want to does not go against Freestyle. The ship may or may not allow it, but it doesn't go against the concept at all.

I'm not biting, but nice try!!:rolleyes:

You won't get the same servers because they rotate their shifts and even which dining room they work in. You will see the server you had for lunch working a shift in the buffet the next day. You'll see your server working a dinner shift and then again in another dining room the next day serving breakfast but then he might now work dinner.

It will be very easy for you to get a table for 2 though. NCL cruisers don't like co-mingling with people they don't know so much. NCL easily accommodates parties of 2,4, whatever.

Hubby and I enjoy a nice dinner just by ourselves, and we had no problem at all getting a *window* table for 2 every night in the MDR. We loved it! (and never made a reservation).

We have never had a problem in getting the same waiter each night...not always at breakfast or lunch. And at night sometimes our party was just the 3 of us and up to 10 some nights,,,,but we always got the same waiter, He made out well, Good Service, good extra tips...

jus' me....jim...the velvet teddy bear.....:cool:

Archived