Splendor Mini Review

RWC123

Thank you for getting me excited again. The negativity was rubbing off on me. I kept telling myself to remember how much I enjoyed the Splendor last year, couldn't believe she could go downhill that fast......glad to know she is as grand as ever! Looking forward to the PV resort name and embarkation time.

I also adore the Splendor -- else why would I have rebooked on her the week I got off :D I haven't been on every ship, but she is by far the most beautiful of all the ships I have been on. The staff was wonderful --except maybe that bartender in the Liner bar who looked as if he would just as soon slit my throat as make me a drink...but he did make an awesome Miami Vice:

1994213430_funshipspecialandmiamivice.jpg.015f1bdaa9a8e8c745e8f42b644ad8d3.jpg

Thanks for the positive review. Maybe the beards are'nt so dumb. Change of pace,even swap one great ship for another. We might have to sail on the Splendor. We booked the Miracle because she's leaving us.

We were on the same sailing as OP. I couldn't agree more--it was a great ship and crew. We were a group of 8 from 11-48 and there was something for everyone. When things settle down at work I will post my very first picture review.

For those with upcoming cruises we did Playa Los Arcos Resort and really enjoyed it. Nice beach and pool and only $15 pp which is credited back for spending on food and drink.

Embarkation -

Saturday (night before cruise) we stayed at the Hotel Maya....a great hotel right near Queen Mary....got the CCL rate...$129/night.

They shuttled us (free) over to the terminal at 10:30am....bags were taken right from van, we walked to sign-in right outside terminal....waited in a short line for 5 min....got our cards and then got our boarding number....another short wait (10-15 minutes) then called to board. we were on the Lido deck having food and drink before 12. Rooms are generally ready at 1:30....wear your suit or put in carry on.

Disembarking -

Bags outside door the night before......got room service Sunday am....need to be out of room by 8am. We were group 6 so we went to Lido deck to be called....waited maybe 30 minutes....walked off ship (no crowds) went through customs, picked up our bags and were on airport transfer bus and to LAX checked in and thru security by 10:30am.

Both processes were nothing like anything I read on CC.....system was smooth and efficient, people were pleasant and informative and please remember we were traveling with six one being a four year old in a stroller.

We have been on the Splendor and like you had a blast. When I've read some of the reviews by others I couldn't believe they were on the same ship as me. People being harrassed by gangs of kids, chogs all over the place, food on par with Denny's, drunks roaming the hallways...

I swear some of these "reviewers" work for other lines!:eek:

• 2 months later...
In Cabo we went to a place called Pueblo Bonito....it is on the beach right across from where the ship anchors.....it is large and white...you need to take a water taxi (think Normandy landing) they had a great pool, restaurant and beach. Just walked right in and made ourselves at home....no problems.

I emailed them last week and they said no day passes. Cruisers can only eat in the restaurant but can't use the facilities. Did they ask if you were guests? I'm a bit of a chicken in this regard so I probably won't try it. But it does look like a beautiful property and I'm glad you had fun.

Great review, we go next month. Happy to hear something so positive. :)

Forgot to mention - we also got room 8221.

Archived