Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about #2

Room7

It's been around 4 years since my last cruise so I wasn't sure if this was still possible. Do you pack them or just carry them on? Can I also bring some soda and water in a cooler? Just want to make sure none of the rules have changed Thanks for the info :)

You can bring 1 bottle of wine per person PLUS 12 bottles or cans (20 oz maximum) of water OR soda... but most people's experience is, if you bring 12 sodas and some bottled water, security will often let you pass. Bear in mind that your cooler can't be bigger than 12x12x12... I usually put my drinks in my carry-on and use my collapsible cooler, which the steward will keep full of ice if you ask.

One more tip- I LOVE Eggs Benedict in the MDR... but sometimes they are not as fresh as they could be. I always order them with the hollandaise sauce on the side. They will make them to order (but I've never waited more than a few mins) and your Eggs Benedict will be hot and fresh! :p

As I plan for the trip, I create a "trip" folder on the computer, then sub-folders for the ship information and for each port of call. As I research, I copy & paste the info into word documents and them into the appropriate folders. Other items, such as passports, etc. are scanned and filed into the trip folder. Before we leave, I copy the whole trip folder onto a SD memory card, and insert it into my tablet. All of my information is there for me and it's all organized, easy to find. I do take a small file folder to very important paperwork, but this has eliminated my "big" notebook I used to carry.

I didn't see anyone mention this so I thought I'd post. I'm a nurse and get a little paranoid when out at sea so I always pack a first aid kit. I know that probably sounds like an obvious tip or something that everyone packs but I tend to go overboard. Lol, I generally have to use 2 or 3 ziploc bags for it all. Every cruise i realize there is something else i can add and the first aid kit has sort of taken on a life of its own. I have the usual Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, bandaids (of various sizes) but this kit has evolved. It definitely has come in handy and has saved us $$ in ports. My parents once paid $25 for a regular sized bottle of Nyquil in port!!! :eek: (and no they didn't have any problems bringing that back on the ship from the port) Here's just a small list of things i bring: Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, Immodium, Ex-lax, Claritin (DH), Zyrtec (me), Benadryl (tabs and cream), Zantac, Meclizine (Motion Sickness), Neosporin (more for nostrils than scrape aid), hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and then i generally get a box of sudafed cold & sinus. That's just a very small part of the bags but maybe everyone else has different things that they bring.

I didn't see anyone mention this so I thought I'd post. I'm a nurse and get a little paranoid when out at sea so I always pack a first aid kit. I know that probably sounds like an obvious tip or something that everyone packs but I tend to go overboard. Lol, I generally have to use 2 or 3 ziploc bags for it all. Every cruise i realize there is something else i can add and the first aid kit has sort of taken on a life of its own. I have the usual Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, bandaids (of various sizes) but this kit has evolved. It definitely has come in handy and has saved us $$ in ports. My parents once paid $25 for a regular sized bottle of Nyquil in port!!! :eek: (and no they didn't have any problems bringing that back on the ship from the port) Here's just a small list of things i bring: Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, Immodium, Ex-lax, Claritin (DH), Zyrtec (me), Benadryl (tabs and cream), Zantac, Meclizine (Motion Sickness),

Neosporin (more for nostrils than scrape aid), hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and then i generally get a box of sudafed cold & sinus. That's just a very small part of the bags but maybe everyone else has different things that they bring.

You are smart not paranoid:D We always pack a first aid kit including the various assortment of pills. We make up a smaller travel size little bag to carry along with our medication in my backpack/handbag. One thing this grandma learned one can never leave home without hand sanitizer, wet wipes, band-aids, and aspirin (for me--lol). Great suggestion!

I didn't see anyone mention this so I thought I'd post. I'm a nurse and get a little paranoid when out at sea so I always pack a first aid kit. I know that probably sounds like an obvious tip or something that everyone packs but I tend to go overboard. Lol, I generally have to use 2 or 3 ziploc bags for it all. Every cruise i realize there is something else i can add and the first aid kit has sort of taken on a life of its own. I have the usual Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, bandaids (of various sizes) but this kit has evolved. It definitely has come in handy and has saved us $$ in ports. My parents once paid $25 for a regular sized bottle of Nyquil in port!!! :eek: (and no they didn't have any problems bringing that back on the ship from the port) Here's just a small list of things i bring: Tylenol, Advil, Excedrin, Immodium, Ex-lax, Claritin (DH), Zyrtec (me), Benadryl (tabs and cream), Zantac, Meclizine (Motion Sickness), Neosporin (more for nostrils than scrape aid), hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and then i generally get a box of sudafed cold & sinus. That's just a very small part of the bags but maybe everyone else has different things that they bring.

I do something similar with a clear storage box that I found at Wal Mart. There are inserts so you can make the dividers as big/small as you need. I keep most of the things listed above, along with: gold bond and friction block, needle & thread, Tide stick and Tide wipe/pads, anti-itch cream, benadryl, band aids, Clear Eyes, Downy Wrinkle Release. Believe it or not, in only two cruises, I have used all of the items at least once.

Yay! [emoji4] I don't feel so alone. I knew more people packed first aid kits. I keep a bottle of Tylenol multicold in for a sore throat. My mom has started carrying the spray. I keep halls cough drops and ludens drops. We also invested in a hard shell suitcase (mainly because instead of carrying our twelve packs of soda we pack them)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yay! [emoji4] I don't feel so alone. I knew more people packed first aid kits. I keep a bottle of Tylenol multicold in for a sore throat. My mom has started carrying the spray. I keep halls cough drops and ludens drops. We also invested in a hard shell suitcase (mainly because instead of carrying our twelve packs of soda we pack them)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

First Aid kit is a great idea! As a nurse, I don't know if you remember back in 2011 there was a huge recall on alcohol pads, those small ones that we go thru tons of. Anyway, when I got bit by a fish, (another story) I went to the pursers desk to ask for a bandaid, they gave me one along with an alcohol pad to clean it, yep the recalled brand. Just when I was trying to figure out how to explain a recall to someone who did not speak my language as a first language, I realized it was so old it wasn't part of the recall. Oh well, lesson learned and I didn't go to the doc since it wasn't that bad, my moms cousin saved the day with her first aid kit. In fact, I used her first aid kit several times that week. ( a few more stories for another day) :cool:

I love that so many are packing first aid kits...as a trauma nurse in a level one trauma center our family first aid kit has taken on a life of its own...DH actually told me to downsize the kit so I could take more shoes:D

Nana

I do the same thing with the binder. I also print out a calendar page for each day to show what time the ship arrives, what time we need to be where for our excursion and what time the ship leaves that day. At the end of the day I review what is on the calendar for the next day. There is a great benefit to having all the necessary documents in the right place when you need to access them quickly.

I make cruise folders for friends and family each cruise :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been around 4 years since my last cruise so I wasn't sure if this was still possible. Do you pack them or just carry them on? Can I also bring some soda and water in a cooler? Just want to make sure none of the rules have changed Thanks for the info :)

We just carry ours on! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I started carrying baby wipes when our kids started cruising with us. And while I am not a big fan of hand sanitizer, cruising is the one exception. I learned I could use the hand sanitizer on the seat of a toilet and wipe it down with a baby wipe to get it clean for the kids.

That also gives me TP and something to clean hands with in case there isn't a place to do that (I have run into this more than once).:eek:

I too have always carried a first aid kit. I would add a small pair of scissors and Benedryl (sp?). I am alergic to anything that stings (at least so far that I have found).

If traveling with others take a different color highlighter for each person.

When you get the fun times keep have each person highlight the things they want to do on a master copy. The room steward will give you an extra if you ask. This makes keeping track of where various people are easier.

If traveling with others take a different color highlighter for each person.

When you get the fun times keep have each person highlight the things they want to do on a master copy. The room steward will give you an extra if you ask. This makes keeping track of where various people are easier.

The DD did this on our trip and it was great! Though we spent almost all of our time together we also knew where the other was should we separate for awhile. We found extra copies of the daily are by the courtesy desk.

The DD did this on our trip and it was great! Though we spent almost all of our time together we also knew where the other was should we separate for awhile. We found extra copies of the daily are by the courtesy desk.

Don't forget the Fun Times has a perforated flap with the daily schedule on it, you can tear it off, highlight what you want to do, fold it up and stick it in your pocket (i stick mine in my lanyard, I have one with a plastic holder). Then you can just pull out a little piece of paper with out taking the whole Fun times around with you!

Just want to see if these things are still current:

1. Can you still get playing cards for free at the Service Desk?

2. Do they still do the free phones for Camp Carnival? If so, do you think you can get one without having a kid?

3. Can you still bring a bottle of wine for free per person?

Thanks!!

1. Can you still get playing cards for free at the Service Desk?

Sometimes

2. Do they still do the free phones for Camp Carnival? If so, do you think you can get one without having a kid?

Yes

3. Can you still bring a bottle of wine for free per person?

Yes, and bring a small cork screw and you will avoid the corkage fee!

Just open it in your room and use their glasses!

Thanks!!

Hope this helps!

Don't get to many copies of the same photo. I'm only getting one copy of each photo I like. When you get home, you can email Carnival for a "photo release". Google "carnival photo release" and there will be better instructions.

When you get it released you can get copies at a photo place as long as you take the photo release thing with you.

You can still print the photo release from the Carnival website. Under the After you cruise tab there is a question about printing the photos with the link for the photo release. I've already printed it and put in my cruise notebook.

The only restriction in using the photos you had copied is they may not be used for anything to do with a sale, flyer, etc. It does state if you put the photos on your computer in order to have them printed, you must delete them from the computer.

I go to the grocery store. The store I find them at is Meijer and right by the check out lanes where they have all the travel to go I get a travel pack of Chlorox wipes. They come in a package similar to baby wipes. But I always bring that and wipe down our cabin. Crazy? Maybe but I'm not about to get sick if I can help it!

1. Can you still get playing cards for free at the Service Desk? I think you have to pay for them now.

2. Do they still do the free phones for Camp Carnival? If so, do you think you can get one without having a kid? Don't use Camp Carnival.

3. Can you still bring a bottle of wine for free per person? Yes, and you can ask the cabin steward to keep you stocked with wine glasses, either red or white, and ice. I have also picked up my white wine glasses at the Atrium Bars.

Thanks!!

My answers are in red.