Protein Shakes (in addition to pop, water, etc...)

pinkmaija

Each passenger can bring up to 12 nonalcoholic drinks.

It doesnt matter which 12 you bring. Each one can be up to 20 oz.

It can be a combination of water, soda or protein drinks.

You could also bring as many of those dry packages of protein shake mixes as you want.. there are tons of brands and easy to carry.

What do you think my chances are of getting to bring on board a 4-pk of Atkins shakes, in addition to a 12pk of pop & 12pk of water? Is it pointless to even try?

Way to make me feel guilty. I have no intention of staying true to Atkins while on a cruise. The bread is just too good. I'll enjoy your share...and pay the price!

Yeah I would suggest the dry mixes of protein shakes as they will be a ton lighter and easier to get on board then you don't have to hassle with the combos.... just bring the drinks you want.

Way to make me feel guilty. I have no intention of staying true to Atkins while on a cruise. The bread is just too good. I'll enjoy your share...and pay the price!

I am sure I'll eat plenty of dessert :rolleyes: , but I have learned that starting the day with protein always makes me feel best no matter what my plans are the rest of the day! :)

Thanks for the feedback, all!

Yeah I would suggest the dry mixes of protein shakes as they will be a ton lighter and easier to get on board then you don't have to hassle with the combos.... just bring the drinks you want.

I was thinking the same thing. To the best of my knowledge (and a quick internet search), there is no powdered mix for an Atkins shake. They come pre-made.

I am sure I'll eat plenty of dessert :rolleyes: , but I have learned that starting the day with protein always makes me feel best no matter what my plans are the rest of the day! :)

I totally agree. Protein in the AM is the best way to start the day...at least for us.

I start my day on a cruise with protein too....from the omlette

Station. Haha. Have a great cruise!

I had not even thought about protein shakes, but our skinny pre-teen girl has to make a conscious effort to keep protein in her system. She loves the Special K Vanilla ones, and I can easily take some with us, so she can have it available in an emergency.

We drink protein shakes in the morning too.. I will be bringing my shaker cup and powder.

Any suggestions? I need (well, want) low sugar/carbs...thanks :D

About the omlettes - I am sure I will eat them a few times, but on days when we go into port I like to eat on the balcony! :D

Archived