Table assignments Celebrity Cruises

Kelani

I always wondered how tables are assigned for traditional dining ? Is it just random or computer generated? I also requested to be seated at a table for 6-8 should that be on our booking confirmation & is that always taken into consideration for table choice?

Thank you.

It's been my experience that if you ask for a large table, they TRY to group you with others in the same demographic. (for example, we are usually placed with another family that has teens approx the same age as our teens.)

Carnival places you with people of the same age group, often singles together and families with kids on board with other kid familes. On Concordia, had been #1 cruise line in Europe, you are put with people from the same counrty so all at the table speak the same language.

The maitre'd is available when you board to check on or change your table. Purser's desk can tell you where and when.

The maitre d's try to accommodate your preferences when assigning tables, but they can't always get it to work out. For instance, we always request a table for 6 to 8. On our last cruise, we started out assigned to a table for 2. I was able to change it after the first night. Apparently two couples at the table for 8 that we ended up at decided they did not like the two British couples who remained. We thought they were a lot of fun.

The maitre d's try to accommodate your preferences when assigning tables, but they can't always get it to work out. For instance, we always request a table for 6 to 8. On our last cruise, we started out assigned to a table for 2. I was able to change it after the first night. Apparently two couples at the table for 8 that we ended up at decided they did not like the two British couples who remained. We thought they were a lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

Archived