pizzaria in atrium

cruisercrazy69

In May/June - we wanted to have dinner there but the loundess of the entertainment in the atrium prevented us from doing that. Alfredos and Vines were very empty due to not being able to hear the other person speak while at these venues. We complained to the CD and he didn't seem to care.

We're not at all fond of loud music and it wasn't a problem at all

for us. I definitely would have noticed that.

For me, there was a huge difference between the pizza on the Lido deck and the pizzeria. I would probably compare it to pre frozen pizza vs. freshly made pizza.

Maybe I'm picky, I just like well prepared food, quality vs. quantity.

We're not at all fond of loud music and it wasn't a problem at all

for us. I definitely would have noticed that.

For me, there was a huge difference between the pizza on the Lido deck and the pizzeria. I would probably compare it to pre frozen pizza vs. freshly made pizza.

It could have been a change in entertainment or maybe enough complaints. I know a friend on an earlier Sapphire sailing had the same complaint as she couldn't enjoy Vines. We had loud bands performing down there and it was extremely loud. Glad it has changed!

Pizza - I welcome the new pizzeria. I was a huge fan of the pizzerias on the Sun Class ships (but don't get to sail those ships anymore). I just prefer their menus on the Sun class ships (which included pasta and calzones in addition to a different pizza menu) to Alfredos on the Sapphire.

I definitely prefer the "made to order pizza" over the lido deck. I just found myself saying "can I have the Sapphire Princess pizza but with regular mozzarella as opposed to buffalo mozzarella and hold the tomatoes" and then peeling off the excessive parmesan cheese that was put on top as it was incredibly thick and massive. It just seemed that when listening to other people order, they were doing the same thing that I was - making their own pizza as opposed to ordering one of the pre-defined menu items. The wait staff was more then accommodating in doing so. On the Sun class ships they had some "pre-defined pizza menu items" which were different than on Alfredos and then then had "Make your own".

I agree, the pizza is better than on Deck 14. Also, for the first time, we ordered pizza for room service one night and it didn't taste like Alfredos or Deck 14. It had a thicker crust and had a ton more cheese that was not fully melted or had gelled together during delivery. I probably should have tried it one more time.

Which one did you consider pre-frozen? I know pizza on the Lido deck is freshly made.

Archived