Waterslides & Babies

wagzz21

We are taking our third cruise, but 1st with baby in tow, in December. He will be almost 13 months old and obviously still in diapers, so I know the pools are off limits.. We have a tiny blow up pool for our balcony already for that reason. I'm wondering, though, if you are allowed to go on the waterside WITH baby on lap? On our 2 previous cruises, we've never tried the slides, so I just don't know... We will be on a Carnival cruise, if that makes a difference in the rules.

No, they won't allow it. Not just for the diaper issue, but for safety. What happens if the baby slips out of your hands when you're going down the slide? They don't want that kind of liability.

The particular ship we're going to be on.. the slide doesn't empty into the pool... so my guess is that if it were an issue, it would not be one associated with a diaper so much as a rule against allowing 2 at a time to go... I was mainly just curious because even now (at 7 1/2 months), he LOVES the water & I figured the slide might be another option for entertaining him on sea days, but it looks like maybe not :( I HIGHLY doubt he would slip out of my arms, though, for what it's worth: at THIS point, he's 30" and 30 pounds... he's not a small kid... doubt he'll get any *smaller* in the next 5 months :eek:

Carnival has height restrictions for the twister slide that does NOT empty into the pool. And your child doesn't meet that height restriction (42") And Mia is right - one person at a time.

Here is my youngest when she finally met the height restriction.

084.jpg

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Carnival has height restrictions for the twister slide that does NOT empty into the pool. And your child doesn't meet that height restriction (42") And Mia is right - one person at a time.

Here is my youngest when she finally met the height restriction.

084.jpg

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Thank you. I hadn't even considered a height requirement... He's tall for his age (30" at 7 months, but not THAT tall! lol)

You're going along pretty fast and then you STOP. And the child isn't touching the water yet, so they don't stop. 30 pounds suddenly becomes much more than it seems.

Regardless, I would think the diaper issue would be worse. The diaper is likely to get power flushed (pun intended) and then the next kid coming down the slide wrong is going to get the water forced into their nose at high pressure.

Thank you. I hadn't even considered a height requirement... He's tall for his age (30" at 7 months, but not THAT tall! lol)

30" is tall for 7 months :) we had to wait a long time before we hit that mark.

Have a great cruise with your baby boy!

30" is tall for 7 months :) we had to wait a long time before we hit that mark.

Have a great cruise with your baby boy!

Thank you. We are VERY MUCH looking forward to it! We've never gone with a baby in tow before, but I'm really looking forward to it (well, AFTER we get all his toys, diapers, clothes, clothes, and more clothes packed and on board! lol)

Yes, he is REALLY tall. He has been off the charts for height & weight since he was a week old (he was a normal size at birth - 7 lbs 12 1/2 ounces, 20" -- he is 7 months now & 30" & a couple ounces shy of 30 pounds). We keep thinking he'll slow down, but he's in 2T & 3T clothing now. Anything smaller than that is skin tight! haha (The good news is: if we have another boy, we'll have clothes for years at no cost!) :D

The other posters already answered your question but i just wanted to say what a big boy! Good job mama!! My 2 year old is 29 lbs and 33 inches! Shes sometihng like 5 percentile for height. Im already preparing myself for the dirty looks that i may get when i take her in the pool on our cruise in a few months. I should wear a sign that says "Shes fully potty trained, dont worry. Shes just the size of an average 18 month old ;)"

The other posters already answered your question but i just wanted to say what a big boy! Good job mama!! My 2 year old is 29 lbs and 33 inches! Shes sometihng like 5 percentile for height. Im already preparing myself for the dirty looks that i may get when i take her in the pool on our cruise in a few months. I should wear a sign that says "Shes fully potty trained, dont worry. Shes just the size of an average 18 month old ;)"

Haha... yeah, if I was a *true* rule breaker, I've thought, I could probably just put ours in the pool.. no one would ever buy his *real* age anyway based strictly on size! lol I'm guessing by December, he'll be the size of a 4 year old at this rate! haha

It seems like everyone has answered your question and I have never been on a Carnival ship before, so I'm not qualified to answer your question.

However, I just thought I would add that we cruise with NCL and more than one can go down the slide.

When we sailed the Spirit last September, they had the back of the ship a kids area, pool, water slides (which were actually huge and pretty tall, which is hard to tell in the pictures), fountains, hot tubs and so on. Only the children were allowed to go down the slides (no adults)...even though most adults did anyhow.

IMG4891-S.jpg

When we sailed the Pearl last March, your child had to be 5 years old to go down alone. Otherwise, the parent had to go with them. This I found weird because this slide was SO slow.

IMG7539-S.jpg

So obviously all cruise ships are different (something I didn't realize until now and if I ever decide to book with a different line, which I was thinking about booking with Carnival next year, then I'll have to check in to things more). So, thanks for posting this thread. It was informative.

Archived