Thenford Grey or Royston?

packedandready

Opinions please....

We have toured with Thenford 4 times (3 The Tour and 1 Private). You will be very happy with his company and tours. Thenford is a fine gentleman and takes pride in his business and pleasing customers. His vans are very clean and comfortable and his knowledge of St. Kitts and its history are impressive.

We highly recommend Thenford.

We have toured with Thenford 4 times (3 The Tour and 1 Private). You will be very happy with his company and tours. Thenford is a fine gentleman and takes pride in his business and pleasing customers. His vans are very clean and comfortable and his knowledge of St. Kitts and its history are impressive.

I agree completely. We went with Thenford last year when we sailed the Serenade of the Seas. There are photos and a description in my Serenade review from 2011 (in my signature).

Here's another thread that should be helpful: Theford Grey or Royston?

I've never toured with Thenford but have done 2 seperate tour days with Royston. The 1st time we did an island tour & the 2nd time a few years later we did a snorkel tour with him. He is a very kind softspoken young man. I delighted in spending time talking with him as my wife & 2 dds did. His van isn't new, rather kind of old and beat up. On both tour days he provided a cooler drinks (water, beer, soda) & a sack lunch. He charged us $100 which was a fantastic deal. I felt very safe with Royston & would use him in a heartbeat.

There ended up with 6 people on his tour. He took us on an island tour and included free beverages and lunch for $45 PP! He continued to drive us around the island 2 hours past the time the tour was supposed to stop. We even gave him a nice little tip. He is a great guy.

I haven't been on Thenford's tour so I can't compare. I do have pictures from my tour in my review (link is in my signature).

Have a GREAT TIME! St. Kitts is beautiful!

There ended up with 6 people on his tour. He took us on an island tour and included free beverages and lunch for $45 PP! He continued to drive us around the island 2 hours past the time the tour was supposed to stop. We even gave him a nice little tip. He is a great guy.

I haven't been on Thenford's tour so I can't compare. I do have pictures from my tour in my review (link is in my signature).

Have a GREAT TIME! St. Kitts is beautiful!

St. Kitts was beautiful!

The first time we went with Royston is was just my family of 4 & we paid $100 + tip. The second time he charged us a little more I think it was $120?

We did the 1/2 day, 4 hours I think. Great deal!

About how much walking is done on these tours? I was thinking of setting my Mom and Grandma up with Thenford Grey while the rest of my family goes sailing because they get seasick.

My grandma can get around just fine on her own, but she can't walk around for 30+ min at a time.

Thanks!

About how much walking is done on these tours? I was thinking of setting my Mom and Grandma up with Thenford Grey while the rest of my family goes sailing because they get seasick.

My grandma can get around just fine on her own, but she can't walk around for 30+ min at a time.

Thanks!

The only walking we did was at the fort. Some people decided to stay in the van while we toured the fort.

We had a large group last year and went with Royston. He was so nice and pleasant. He was very knowledgeable about St. Kitts. His prices are very fair and if you want to stop someplace, he's more than happy to do so. We even got to meet his dog half way through the tour!

I'll call him again when we go in November.

We really only want to spend time at the Batik factory ane the beach but for the price of taxis to both it seems better to go on an island tour that goes to both locations. Do you remember how much time youspend at the Batik factory, did you have time to see it all and shop?

We really only want to spend time at the Batik factory ane the beach but for the price of taxis to both it seems better to go on an island tour that goes to both locations. Do you remember how much time youspend at the Batik factory, did you have time to see it all and shop?

I'd say we spent 1/2 hour at the batik "factory". Really it's just a small building. No offense it was something I could have personally passed on.

But my girls enjoyed it.

We had just the 4 of us (my DW & 2 dds) on our tour. Royston will take you anywhere & stay as little or long as you want. His tours are really personalized, there's no "set schedule".

Hi, are Thenford's vans air conditioned?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd say we spent 1/2 hour at the batik "factory". Really it's just a small building. No offense it was something I could have personally passed on.

But my girls enjoyed it.

We had just the 4 of us (my DW & 2 dds) on our tour. Royston will take you anywhere & stay as little or long as you want. His tours are really personalized, there's no "set schedule".

Is it possible to just go to the batik factory?

We have done the tour with Royston before and enjoyed very much. Now, my cabin mate wants to only go to the batik factory. It seems to be a resting point with the local tour drivers.

Do you have Royston's contact information?

Or, would we be better off just making arrangements with a taxi in port to take us directly to the batik factory and wait for 1/2 hour while we stop and then take us back to town?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

How many hours do you spend riding in a vehicle on "the tour" with Thenford Greg? His website says 3-4 hrs sightseeing 1-2 hrs beach/shopping. Is the tour a total of 6 hours?

Last year, we went on a tour of St. Lucia. We were stuck riding around in the back of a van for hours. My family will never let me live down that tour (they have named it the tour from H*ll):eek:. I don't want to make the same mistake on this vacation.

We used Thenford Grey a couple of years ago I can tell you that he is a gentleman, very intelligent, knowledgeable about his Island and speaks very well.... just a great tourguide I think we are back on St. Kitts this January and have every intention of using him again.:)

How many hours do you spend riding in a vehicle on "the tour" with Thenford Greg? His website says 3-4 hrs sightseeing 1-2 hrs beach/shopping. Is the tour a total of 6 hours?

Last year, we went on a tour of St. Lucia. We were stuck riding around in the back of a van for hours. My family will never let me live down that tour (they have named it the tour from H*ll):eek:. I don't want to make the same mistake on this vacation.

Hi,

Who was your tour guide in St. Lucia?

• 2 weeks later...

What tour do you take with Thenford Grey?

The Tour - $48, 3-4 hour sigthseeing, 1-2 hour beach/shopping

Captial & Beach Slash - $25, 4 hour

They both have sightseeing and both have beach time.

We are in St Kitts from 7am-5pm on the Independence of the Seas in March 2013.

We are booked with Rosevelt Taylor for our St. Kitts Panoramic tour, which is similar to "the tour" offered by Thenford. It's 3-4 hours of sightseeing, taken through town and the capital, visit to the Fort (fee already paid in cost of tour), the overlook between Atlantic/Caribbean and a Caribelle Batik visit at Romney Manor.

The tour is about 3-1/2 hours long and afterwards you can either be dropped off at the beach (with a pickup in 1-1/2 or 2 hours) or be brought back to the ship to either browse thorough the shops in the mall, go in to town, back to the ship for lunch or whatever you have planned for the rest of the afternoon.

Archived