Labadee-Sandbar

hazeleyes35

We are going on the Allure next year to Labadee and see they have an excursion called a Sandbar Day or something to that effect.

I wondered if anyone has gone on it as we went on the Malfini Beach Excursion the last time we were there and loved it and would do that again if this one was not as good.

We did the adult sandbar excursion 2 weeks ago. I loved it. About a 15-20 min boat ride. All there is to do is float around on mats. Swim in the water and you can also buy drinks. The boat was not crowded with a ton of people. It just ended too soon! Very relaxing and beautiful water!

We did the "Sandbar Island Adult Getaway" and I can't say enough good things about it. One boat, 20 people or so, quiet island away from the other thousands of people on your boat...perfect. Plus, they had relatively cheap, decent local Haitian beer that my fiance and I downed quite a lot of.

The boat crew itself were interesting - a couple Haitians and a couple Americans. I didn't ask how the Americans got there, but I kinda wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...
We did the "Sandbar Island Adult Getaway" and I can't say enough good things about it. One boat, 20 people or so, quiet island away from the other thousands of people on your boat...perfect. Plus, they had relatively cheap, decent local Haitian beer that my fiance and I downed quite a lot of.

The boat crew itself were interesting - a couple Haitians and a couple Americans. I didn't ask how the Americans got there, but I kinda wanted to.

Was the cheap local beer available for cash or could you use your sail & sign card?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Everything is seapass, except the straw market.....that is cash. Being on the private beaches is just like being on the ship, as far as how you purchase things!

Not true with the Labadee Sandbar getaway in my experience. It was all cash.

Not true with the Labadee Sandbar getaway in my experience. It was all cash.

one says seapass one says cash. Confusion reigns! Anybody else care to weigh in?

I've been on ship sponsered excursions and the extras are not charged to seapass but is Labadee different? Drinks on their beaches used to be charged to seapass but this is a private(?) excursion?

one says seapass one says cash. Confusion reigns! Anybody else care to weigh in?

I've been on ship sponsered excursions and the extras are not charged to seapass but is Labadee different? Drinks on their beaches used to be charged to seapass but this is a private(?) excursion?

All I know is that we booked the excursion ahead of time, paying by credit card probably two months before, and then had cash on board the excursion boat for drinks. I don't remember having the option of charging it (drinks) to our sea pass or we probably would have. This was in mid-February.

Edited by Zach1213

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...