Cruisng with a 1 year old

We are looking to take a multigeneraltional cruise for my parents' 50th anniversary next June. We will have a one year old and a 5 year old along with other family members. Can children still in diapers be in the pool? We are looking at Enchantment of the Seas. Thanks for your help as we are quite confused.

No, health code does not allow children in diapers in the pool.

It does allow the drinkers to hang out in the pool all day and never leave it once.:eek:

True, but urine is not the issue, it's the e-coli found in fecal matter. The Freedom and Oasis class ships have a baby splash zone for the diapered set but not the other ships. You could bring a small blow-up pool for the baby to use on the pool deck (empty it into one of the drains on deck) or your balcony (which I highly recommend you get so you can sit out there while baby is napping or after bedtime). It also works as a tub in the shower unless you are in a suite.

I would consider looking one of the Freedom or Oasis class ships. They have pools for babies and infants where they can wear swim diapers and they are completely separate from the other pools. There is also an area right near for older kids.

The Freedom and Oasis class ships have a nursery where you can leave your infant and they will be well taken care of without having to try and book a babysitter which may or may not come through.

We took our then 2 and 4 year old on Liberty of the Seas and they had blasts in the kids club and the nursery. I would suggest looking into these ships if at all possible.

No, health code does not allow children in diapers in the pool.

It does allow the drinkers to hang out in the pool all day and never leave it once.:eek:

Who's health code? --not trying to be contrary, just want all the facts. Thanks

The Freedom and Oasis class ships have a baby splash zone for the diapered set but not the other ships.

The baby pool on Freedom class is absolutely tiny with a high wall around it, but is big enough to let the babies splash around and have a little fun. And it is just a pool. There are no fountains or other elements for the little ones to interact with.

They definitely patrol pretty vigilantly (at least the cruises I've been on) and make sure that no children in swim diapers are in any other water area.

We are looking to take a multigeneraltional cruise for my parents' 50th anniversary next June. We will have a one year old and a 5 year old along with other family members. Can children still in diapers be in the pool? We are looking at Enchantment of the Seas. Thanks for your help as we are quite confused.

Passengers in diapers are NOT allowed in the pools. Some ship have a "splash zone" (but I don't recall that feature on the Enchantment). Staff is very strict about this policy - I guess because an "accident in the pool" will cause the pool to close and be cleaned.

Have fun

M

Who's health code? --not trying to be contrary, just want all the facts. Thanks

If you want more specifics you will need to ask RCI. However, this is on their website. cor_sitesearch_hdr.gif

Cruise Questions, Cruise FAQ - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: Are there any restrictions regarding children in the pools? A: Please note: Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone. Children in diapers or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone specially designated for them on the Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas SM and Allure of the Seas SM.

The Freedom is PERFECT for little children. In addition to the Splash Zone for tots, they offer the Dreamworks character breakfasts which are great, character greetings and photo ops throughout the cruise, and parades on the main promenade. I have taken alot of cruises and the Freedom is by far the best ship I have seen for little ones (but have never done Disney so cant compare to that!). The Enchantment does not have the Dreamworks experience.

I agree with others on the Freedom ship for babies. We took our 1 year old in April. I loved having the royal babies program. $8 an hour and we had a relaxing dinner every night. My boy liked the baby pool. It had one little fountain he liked. The royal babies would also feed the kids dinner. AWESOME women there.

Dee

Archived