Whats playing on MUTS in the Med this summer?

Adventures ahead

We also watched a movie one night in the main Princess Theatre. I think it was a night they didn't have the 3 usual shows. (not sure how often that is) Anyway, it was "The Descendants" with George Clooney. It was a good movie, enjoyed it quite a bit.

I went to see this in our local theater, never having heard of the movie, and was very glad I did. Its a wonderful movie, Judy Dench was in it, and we all enjoyed it very much.

Well perhaps is is better than the trailer. I'll give it 15 minutes or so on the next cruise but based on what I saw on the trailer but I wouldn't waste my money on it. (and I watch them all at home or at least give them a chance.)

It just doesn't look like my type of movie.

I highly recommend reading the first book before watching the movie, but you can still read the other 2 on your cruise. We had the same other movie listed, and I had to look it up on IMDB because I'd never even heard of it. Then again, I'm typically out of touch with movies. We only see a few a year in theaters, but often enjoy several on our cruises. In fact, I'd estimate that we see as many or more movies on a one week cruise as we see in theaters the whole rest of the year.

Thanks for the tip! Which one is the first book? I've got the three loaded as well...

Thanks for the tip! Which one is the first book? I've got the three loaded as well...

Although you can see the movie without reading the book. My soon to be DH enjoyed the movie more then I did & he hadn't read the book. The book is so much better then the movie & if you tend to compare the two while watching (like I ALWAYS do), you might be better watching it first.

Although you can see the movie without reading the book. My soon to be DH enjoyed the movie more then I did & he hadn't read the book. The book is so much better then the movie & if you tend to compare the two while watching (like I ALWAYS do), you might be better watching it first.

I disagree. If you watch the movie first, it will spoil the ending for you. You get so much more out of reading the book. I always read the book first, then the movie is just for fun.

My sons have watched all of the Harry Potter movies but have not read all the books. My daughter has read all the books and is constantly telling them that they are missing half the story by not reading the books!

I disagree. If you watch the movie first, it will spoil the ending for you. You get so much more out of reading the book. I always read the book first, then the movie is just for fun.

My sons have watched all of the Harry Potter movies but have not read all the books. My daughter has read all the books and is constantly telling them that they are missing half the story by not reading the books!

I agree that you get much more out of reading the books. I prefer the books to the movies every time. Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, and believe it or not, Star Wars. I was just comparing the experience for me versus my soon to be DH. I ALWAYS read the books first, & am ALWAYS disappointed in the movie. He always enjoys the movies.

This is all true, and I love to read more than anything, but the visuals in the first Harry Potter movie, for example, the Halloween dinner, cannot be surpassed. That was just unreal.

Karen

This is all true, and I love to read more than anything, but the visuals in the first Harry Potter movie, for example, the Halloween dinner, cannot be surpassed. That was just unreal.

So true. That's why I watch the movies, even though they don't tell the whole story. I love the visuals and the drama of the movies. I can watch the Harry Potter movies over and over, but if you haven't read the books, you miss a lot.

Back to Hunger Games, I think you need to read all three books before making a judgement about them. I have heard people who only watched the movie talking about what a horrible idea it is to have kids fighting each other to the death on TV. That's what I thought before reading the books, but if you read them all, you see the point the author is trying to make.

Archived