Review RCI Radiance of the Seas

scrappygirl

I wanted to share my links to my blog from our Alaskan cruise. We sailed in May on Royal Carribean's, Radiance of the Seas, from Seward to Vancouver.

Just click on the link and it will take you through our trip to the last frontier. I will be adding more entries every few days. Enjoy and I will try answer any questions you might have about our trip.

http://memorynmore.blogspot.com/2012/06/as-many-of-you-know-michael-and-i-took.html

http://memorynmore.blogspot.com/2012/06/anchorage-to-seward.html

Carol

Thanks for taking the time to post your blog and pictures, I am enjoying your journey.

The Radiance of the Seas is one of my favorite ships to be on while cruising in Alaska. I also enjoy the Alaska RR beautiful train ride from Anchorage to Seward --- thanks for rekindling my memories.

Looking forward to seeing more of your adventure.

Karen

Thank you so much for the blog and especially the pictures!! We are from Mechanicsville, Va and noticed you are also from Va. It is a looong trip but well worth it as it looks like you found out :-) ! We are doing your exact trip, ours is the last sailing of the season, leaving from Seward on Sept 7th and we can't wait!! Again, thank you so much for shring!

Yes Jim it was Jr suite. It was room 1542. Nice but not great. It was right under the over hang (under solarium) and across the hall from crew door. So It was a bit noisey and not a perfect view. But overall a good room!

Carol

Yes we spoil ourselves with the suite. Then I try to cut costs on our excurstions. You will see that we do a lot of low cost/free things in the towns. We really like to get the "local" feel of places when we travel. Alaskans are so friendly. What a great state.

Thanks, I do enjoy photography! I used a Nikon 5100 with my 15-200mm travel lens. So I only have one lens to carry around and don't have to switch. I saw some people carrying 400mm lens that must have been soooo heavy. I also brought my water proof point and shoot for the rainy weather and kayaking. But I only used it while kayaking, we had such beautiful weather!

Thank you so much for the blog and especially the pictures!! We are from Mechanicsville, Va and noticed you are also from Va. It is a looong trip but well worth it as it looks like you found out :-) ! We are doing your exact trip, ours is the last sailing of the season, leaving from Seward on Sept 7th and we can't wait!! Again, thank you so much for shring!

We will be getting off the ship as you arrive.:) And--we are from Virginia, too. (near Charlottesville)

I enjoyed reading your blog. You took some fantastic pics. Vancouver really got my eye. It is a vacation destination in it self, there are so many ways to stay active in the city. Like you, I have a passion for flowers. I was thinking of staying there 1 night after our cruise July 2013 but looks like it will take many days to experience all its treasures. Thank you

Archived