Pool area info on Breakaway?

purrfect007

If your talking about the pool deck, then there are renderings you can look at, there are two pools, the main ones looks decent sized, the other one slightly smaller and there appears to be a lot more deck space than the Gem. However i doubt 2 pools is enough for 4000 guests

If your talking about the pool deck, then there are renderings you can look at, there are two pools, the main ones looks decent sized, the other one slightly smaller and there appears to be a lot more deck space than the Gem. However i doubt 2 pools is enough for 4000 guests

YIKES!! Seriously, only two pools for 4000 people? That is my biggest complaint about the GEM, which while we had a great cruise, the pool area was uncomfortable on sea days and even at port where alot of people stayed on board.

I will need more infor before I can book the Breakaway. Ugh. Disappointing. Why don't they design it with more pool space? Revenue?

YIKES!! Seriously, only two pools for 4000 people? That is my biggest complaint about the GEM, which while we had a great cruise, the pool area was uncomfortable on sea days and even at port where alot of people stayed on board.

I will need more infor before I can book the Breakaway. Ugh. Disappointing. Why don't they design it with more pool space? Revenue?

Looks like the 2 pools, slides and a children's aqua park with pool.

You can book when you find a price you like, you always have the option to cancel before final payment. I think there is a sale right now offering 1/2 price deposits.

Actually 4000 people is a misnomer. There are over 900 rooms that take either 3 or 4 people and if any of these rooms sail with 3 or 4 the pasenger # goes up exponentially. On average NCL says that capacity is 4000 at double occupancy. Generally NCL says that 300- 600 extra people usually are on a sail due to 3 or 4 per room and all the suites. So figure that Breakaway will sail with 4500 passengers.

That said, When I sailed the Epic they also had only 2 pools,(3 with H2O) but they were actually smaller than the Breakaway's 2 pools which are not side by side as on the Epic. Between the pools, the slides, the hot tubs there was not an overcrowding situation on any day of my Epic Cruise. Also the adult areas on Breakaway H2O will have waterfall and hot tub features, and there are the Haven courtyard pools and the Pay for adults only beach club vibe.The Kids pool is large and the activities are abundant so pool size and # should not be an issue.

Book em Danno!!!:eek:

Kev:cool:

Pools with water in them are HEAVY!! and since they aren't on the lowest deck the super structure around them needs to be incredibly able to hold that weight. There is no way any cruise ship can have a pool that will hold at least 100 passengers at a time.

My first ship didn't even have a pool, they could have filled a canvas thing up with sea water and placed it on the aft deck as seen in this pic of a different ship of the same line.

tasmania_4voy039AS_small.jpg

I am guessing it could be because there isn't enough room to accommodate everyone and everything they want. No ship is going to have enough pools to meet everyone's needs. Also, the pools have to carry water and there are weight restrictions on the ships. It's not feasible to put in an extra pool (giving up dining/sleeping/entertainment space, adding extra weight, giving up revenue) that people may or may not use.

When DH and I decide that a pool is the most important aspect of vacations, we book a land-based vacation that either includes a pool or a beach. Just how we do things.

When DH and I decide that a pool is the most important aspect of vacations, we book a land-based vacation that either includes a pool or a beach. Just how we do things.

I'm with you. I have a hard time using the pools and tubs on any cruise ship. Given the size of the pools, after about 3 hours or so, I don't think you are swimming in mostly pool water anymore...if you get my meaning. Now if they have more pool chases, that would be great.

Archived