Taj Mahal from Mumbai

glorygaf

We have just booked Back to back cruises on Voyager Istanbul (Oct 31) - Luxor - Bali and have been told by Regent the free excursion to Taj Mahal is not included.

It is only available pre or post cruises. Does anyone who may be doing something similar on Voyager e.g. World cruise (Rome to Beijing) know of a shorter excursion from Mumbai whilst Voyager is in Mumbai. Maybe someone has done an excursion over 2 days from Mumbai. If there is something available we would be grateful to hear about it.

This situatuion is not as easy as it appears. In this case, Agra (Taj Mahal) is a pre-cruise to the Mumbai to Bali itinerary. So, similiar to the case described above, the OP would need to fly from Dubai to Delhi on November 27th to connect with the group going to Agra. I don't see that this is a huge problem but expect that the OP would have to pay for the transportation from the ship in Dubai to the hotel in Delhi.

This situatuion is not as easy as it appears. In this case, Agra (Taj Mahal) is a pre-cruise to the Mumbai to Bali itinerary. So, similiar to the case described above, the OP would need to fly from Dubai to Delhi on November 27th to connect with the group going to Agra. I don't see that this is a huge problem but expect that the OP would have to pay for the transportation from the ship in Dubai to the hotel in Delhi.

The flights are fairly cheap. Non stop Dubai-Delhi mid $200 for economy and $480 for Biz, about 4 hour flight.

Or, depending what Regent is charging, just do the whole tip on your own, fly into Gwalior, India. Have your Agent check out the prices either way. If it was me, I would do it all on my own. (And have done on my own). You usually save a lot of money and have a much better experience with a private driver and guide.

j

Archived