Marina shuttles and Internet

roberts2005

July 12. Just boarded the Marina. They have a new unlimited Internet package at $19.95 per day for intire cruise. For me it will be $200.00 for the entire cruise. Speed seems reasonable. Will see as more people remain on line, since no one has to log off.

Shuttles

The program lists shuttles in the following Baltic Ports:

Helsinki

Riga

Tallinn

Gydania shuttle to city center of Gydania

Ronne

Warren undue, shuttle 30 min. To Warremunde

Wow, that's good news! Not a bad price.

I'm betting this is per person. I'm also guessing that a couple could share it, no way they could prevent it.

On Regent, where a usually majority of the ship has free unlimited internet, we are still asked to logoff when we're not using the internet. I would imagine O would do the same.

Wow, that's good news! Not a bad price.

I'm betting this is per person. I'm also guessing that a couple could share it, no way they could prevent it.

On Regent, where a usually majority of the ship has free unlimited internet, we are still asked to logoff when we're not using the internet. I would imagine O would do the same.

Only one device can be logged in a time. Still using my iPad have not tried my iPhone yet

Are the routers throughout the ship, so you can use ipads in the staterooms, or do you have to go to a hot spot?

Yes, they fixed the wireless connectivity issue first.

Can I log in and check my email and then can my husband log in on the same device and check his email?

Of course, but that has nothing to do with the internet connection

Are the routers throughout the ship, so you can use ipads in the staterooms, or do you have to go to a hot spot?

I am using my iPad in my cabin 10015. Tried to use in terraces did not have good reception. Worked fine in executive loung

Can I log in and check my email and then can my husband log in on the same device and check his email?

It is your device you can check as many accounts as you wish. The same as if you logged in on Oceania's computers

Jim/Stan and Roberts thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have been very concerned about the internet cost and connectivity onboard the Riveria. It seems like they have made it better for all of us.

Can you let us know, as you get further into your cruise, how the shuttles are, for example, where they take you (train station, central point in the city, whatever) and frequency? That would be really helpful. I was aware of the shuttle in Roenne, and someone posted last year about one in Gydnia (for a cruise on Nautica, anyway) but I would love to know about Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn and Warnemuende. Also, for Gydnia, does the shuttle take you to a place close to the train station, and near a money exchange place?

Thanks much!

Can you let us know, as you get further into your cruise, how the shuttles are, for example, where they take you (train station, central point in the city, whatever) and frequency? That would be really helpful. I was aware of the shuttle in Roenne, and someone posted last year about one in Gydnia (for a cruise on Nautica, anyway) but I would love to know about Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn and Warnemuende. Also, for Gydnia, does the shuttle take you to a place close to the train station, and near a money exchange place?

Thanks much!

It would be terrific if you posted the shuttle information on the thread titled 'Oceania's Free Shuttles List' (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1466724). The OP of that thread started it with the intention of a on-going list so shuttle information can more easily by found by all regardless of ship or sailing.

Archived