Cruising Oct. 21....good or bad idea!

missyk55

Thanks Keith, I already have it booked, but was just wanting other views on it. The last cruise I went on was the end of August and Hurricane Dean came through right before we sailed. But the only change was we went to Progresso instead of Costa Maya. And we went through a few lingering thunder storms, but we still had a blast.

I cruise the same day to the same locations. I picked it because it's at the near end of the season. Sept is the height but so far things have been quiet this year. I hope that holds Maslow late in the year the hurricane pattern tends more towards systems in the Atlantic that swing up the coast, so crossing fingers that continues.

• 3 weeks later...

Cruising Oct 29. Did the same cruise last year without any tropical weather messing it up. I was worried about it last year, but not so much this year. If it gets re-rerouted than fine, if it gets completely canceled, then we'll just go another day. We got a little rain in Cozumel, but by the time we got past the shopping area of the port it had stopped and was sunny the rest of the day. We hit one rough patch on our way back home. Didn't get sick, but saw passengers and crew walking around like drunkards trying to get through doorways and that was pretty hilarious.

Archived