Need last minute help for Oasis

Packing to leave tomorrow for our long awaited cruise, does Oasis have shampoo/conditioner in the shower and is there a hair dryer. I prefer this question be answered by another lady as we know what "bad" shampoo is like and a "bad" hair dryer. I appreciate comments.:)

Yes the rooms have both however in my opinion the shampoo is not quality. I also always take my own hair dryer because my hair is longer and the one in the room seems to want to eat my hair. My mom is okay with the hair dryer in the room cause she has short hair. I recommend that you take your own of both!

Just did June 30 on Oasis.

I have short hair and used the blower dryer without any problems.

I also asked my housekeeper for shampoo and received a little bottle that was a nice shampoo. I wouldn't use the one that was hanging in the shower and how knows how long it had been there. So, if you leave the shampoo at home, ask for something better and they will have it.

Enjoy. We loved our week, can't wait to do another.

I've only used the mystery combo substance in the shower once on my hair... the result was not good... It does work well as a body wash and shaving cream though...??? lol

The hairdryer is standard hotel issue but you have to hold the button to keep it going so I always just use a piece of the "emergency duct tape" I always pack and tape the button down

IMO You couldn't pay me to use either the mystery shampoo/conditioner combo(It is ok to wash out bathing suits though) or the blow dryer. They are terrible. Take your own.

Agree on both. Isn't it funny how many opinions there are here, and how different they are. :p

IMO You couldn't pay me to use either the mystery shampoo/conditioner combo(It is ok to wash out bathing suits though) or the blow dryer. They are terrible. Take your own.

Maybe that's why Hanrahan left Celebrity to be the CEO of Regis. He probably figures to market the Regis hair products to cruisers that won't use the "ssshhhhtuff" RCI provides on the ships.:eek:

I totally agree! Bring you OWN shampoo/conditioner. The hair dryer is similiar to what you'd find in a hotel.

Exactly - It was good the way the OP worded the question. I'm a short haired male in my 50s the shampoo and hair dryer are just fine for me, but I've seen a lot of ladies struggle with it, especially on formal nights.

If you have successfully used a hair dryer provided in a hotel you will be fine with the one on the ship. They are very similar, including the having to hold the button down :(. My hair takes a while to dry and I always use the one provided. Leaving mine home leaves more room for shoes :D.

As for the shampoo, haven't been on Oasis, but on Allure there was a card in our cabin (balcony) that said if you wanted shampoo to ask the attendant. Here I do bring my own so can't say how theirs was.

As for the shampoo, haven't been on Oasis, but on Allure there was a card in our cabin (balcony) that said if you wanted shampoo to ask the attendant. Here I do bring my own so can't say how theirs was.

When I was on Allure in 2011 they had the 1-2 oz bottles of a thin shampoo that resembled baby shampoo with no strong perfumes.

Archived