Can a Non-Passenger go thru terminal with me?

dolver

Question: Can my husband (non passenger) enter the nyc terminal with us? Staying with us until we are called to board. I know he can't board.

Taking my mom on her 1st cruise ..and she's a little nervous (mostly of getting lost!) -- thought keeping my husband nearby would keep her calm.

Thanks!

Question: Can my husband (non passenger) enter the nyc terminal with us? Staying with us until we are called to board. I know he can't board.

Taking my mom on her 1st cruise ..and she's a little nervous (mostly of getting lost!) -- thought keeping my husband nearby would keep her calm.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, you cannot even get into the terminal unless you are a ticketed passenger. Sorry :(

Thanks!

Just like the airport, at security, you need to show your ID documents and your tickets. This area is before the check-in process.

No he cannot.

The passenger checks in for their cruise showing the documents, passports, etc. After that you go thru security. After that you walk to the waiting area.

The sitdown waiting area is after all the check in requirements. And since he's not going, he can't check in.

I remember before, not too long ago, when we would come to the Port of Miami in a taxi. We were stopped and everyone had to show their tickets and ID's to the Port Authority standing at the gate. Showing you were actually going on a cruise.

However, that hasn't happened in a while for me.:o

Enjoy your cruise and tell mom not to worry.

Once you go past the initial security, it is pretty much like checking into a hotel. Other than you may have to sit and wait, and snake through some lines.

As to entering the port area, they do ask to see your "ticket". Hardly anybody has a ticket anymore, so they flash an email, or something like that. Not like they check the authenticity or anything. It is more of a crown control issue than anything. My 10 year old could fake a document.

Still, there is really nothing to do. And, it is much easier if he drives you right up to where you have to go, and then leaves vs dealing with parking, etc.

And, your Mom is only going to get lost if you get lost. Which to be honest would be hard to do.

Thanks!

Theirs really no place to get lost. You have one way in and are surrounded by water on the other three sides. You go thru security, check in, get your boarding number and have a seat until they start boarding. Unless your in a Suite then its a little different

Archived