Bourbon

SraLiz

Anyone know what types of bourbon Carnival carries? Do different ships carry different bourbons? We are on Victory in October, just hoping they offer Knob Creek or Bookers.

thanks!

... bad and worse.

The only REAL bourbon II've seen on CCL (um, not counting th J. W. Dant, Old Charter, Evan Williams, and Buffalo Trace in my cabin :rolleyes: :p ) is Jim Beam (white label) and Jack Daniels. (yes it IS a bourbon) If you just order "Bourbon", half the time they won't know what you mean; normally if you don't "call" (extra $$) or if you request it at one of the free parties, you will be served a bad Canadian (ok, redundant) with a little water added. Also, be warned, the concept of straight (no ice) seems to be nearly impossible to communicate.

...Also, be warned, the concept of straight (no ice) seems to be nearly impossible to communicate.

In our neck of the woods, we'd order' "Bourbon/Brand, neat." Neat will designate no ice/water.

Thanks!

I am curious as to why you consider Jack Daniels bourbon? I am sure you are aware that to actually be a bourbon (by the regulations of the US government) among other things, you can't add anything or do anything to the product to change its color or flavor. By charcoal filtering their product they break the "bourbon laws".

It is true that all Bourbon is Whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.

While Jack is a fine whiskey, a bourbon it is not.

Thanks!

I am curious as to why you consider Jack Daniels bourbon? I am sure you are aware that to actually be a bourbon (by the regulations of the US government) among other things, you can't add anything or do anything to the product to change its color or flavor. By charcoal filtering their product they break the "bourbon laws".

It is true that all Bourbon is Whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.

While Jack is a fine whiskey, a bourbon it is not.

Bourbon also isnt allowed to use the toasted barrels JD uses to age that fine whiskey.

They do have Makers Mark

I just consider it Tennessee sippin' whiskey or Kentucky bourbon, its all good.

Don't know about that. On a flight, I asked for Maker's and Coke. Next time around they said they were out of Maker's and substituted Jack. Vile after Maker's or Knob Creek.

Drinking Jack after Maker's is like drinking Budweiser after Red Frog.

Don't know about that. On a flight, I asked for Maker's and Coke. Next time around they said they were out of Maker's and substituted Jack. Vile after Maker's or Knob Creek.

Drinking Jack after Maker's is like drinking Budweiser after Red Frog.

What airline were you on that served Maker's?

MexicoBob

Bourbon also isnt allowed to use the toasted barrels JD uses to age that fine whiskey.

They do have Makers Mark

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[2] must be:

made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn;[3]

aged in new, charred-oak barrels;[3]

distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume);[3]

entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume);[3] and be

bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume).[4]

Bourbon has no minimum specified duration for its aging period, but it must be aged at least briefly.[5]

Archived