Aft facing penthouse suite on breakaway

eynsteinp

Thanks for the information. I too booked this suite over a year ago and have been waiting for a floor plan what seems to be forever. The big bathtub under the the picture window was a huge selling point to my wife as was the second bath as we will be sailing with our 11 year old twins. I'm on the 12 deck on the June 9th sailing and have been hoping for some information on this suite before sailing. I have not been able to find any pictures of the second bathroom but it sounds like its existence has been confirmed by people who have been on board. Is this right? Thanks in advance.

Yes there is a second bathroom. My mom was on the ship for the christening and she went to the room I have booked (13302) and she took a pic of the 2nd bathroom. She hasn't sent me her pics yet. As soon as I get it I will post it. The 2nd bathroom does exist!! Lol

Yes there is a second bathroom. My mom was on the ship for the christening and she went to the room I have booked (13302) and she took a pic of the 2nd bathroom. She hasn't sent me her pics yet. As soon as I get it I will post it. The 2nd bathroom does exist!! Lol

Well that is one huge mystery that we can put to bed!! Thank your mom for confirming this information. For some reason I kept hearing this but no one actually got a picture of one. Sort of the Bigfoot of the Breakaway!!

The bathroom is just inside the door. Interesting that they made it a two part bathroom with a door to the john. :o Like two people are going to use it at a time???

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they wanted to make the bathroom "fancy" lol

It's just a toilet and a sink in the second bathroom. No shower. You can see the sink in the reflection of the mirror. [ATTACH]270657[/ATTACH]

I call this a half bathroom. Comes in handy when one is in the shower or 'smelling up' the main bathroom and another 'has to go'! LOL

Waiting for the TA sail will most likely not be necessarry. NCL has over 15 dedicated bloggers who monitor these boards excessively. They will no doubt notify the webmaster who will rectify the problem. Every day the breakaway website is changing and evolving so have patience and soon you will see your floorplans.

Kev

Kev, source of 15 dedicated bloggers please. Tom

I still cannot understand why they have not posted floor plans for the S6 rooms. It really is baffling given that the ship is now sailing. Originally i was told that the room designs may not have been final as the construction was ongoing. But now??? Either way I am set to go next month and will have what looks to be a great room so it all works out at the end. But I still don't get NCl's thinking...

The likely source is someone's overactive imagination. The post was made about 10 months ago and apparently the "15 dedicated bloggers" still haven't noticed the complaints about Breakaway floor plans being incomplete on the web site.

It's just a toilet and a sink in the second bathroom. No shower. You can see the sink in the reflection of the mirror. [ATTACH]270657[/ATTACH]

I am glad your mom was able to confirm the half bath. I think she maybe sent the wrong pic because This is actually a picture of the toilet in the master bedroom.

Heres a video of the suite sadly it does not have the guest bathroom.

I have my TA, who is in the 2 night to nowhere this weekend, scoping this out and getting me a floorplan! I just hope the price doesn't change before I get the information. I'll post whatever new information she finds for me here.

I am glad your mom was able to confirm the half bath. I think she maybe sent the wrong pic because This is actually a picture of the toilet in the master bedroom.

That would explain the previously unheard of feature of a door to the toliet in a "powder room" or half bath. Good catch. Were you a detective/private investigator in a previous life? LOL

I am one of those who read months ago that the S6 would have 1 and 1/2 baths, but it is looking like we will be disappointed.

Edited by Journey11

I still cannot understand why they have not posted floor plans for the S6 rooms. It really is baffling given that the ship is now sailing. Originally i was told that the room designs may not have been final as the construction was ongoing. But now??? Either way I am set to go next month and will have what looks to be a great room so it all works out at the end. But I still don't get NCl's thinking...

Hehehe - are you new to the NCL website? :D Seriously, there have been errors on the site for ships that have been sailing for years - heck the NCL Sun has been sailing since 2001 and STILL has incorrect floor plans for some suites.. That's why we have CC! ;) :D

Robin

She must have sent me the wrong pic. She has about 600 pics from yest. She said there is a half bath in that room (toilet &sink). I'm getting her memory card tomm so ill look for the correct pic.

Shaun, if you watch that video again, at the very beginning it shows a solid door that the videographer simply passes by on their way to show the living/dining space. I believe that door is the entrance to the guest bath. Time will tell...

Tom, Kev will not be answering your question. He passed away several months ago.

Shaun, if you watch that video again, at the very beginning it shows a solid door that the videographer simply passes by on their way to show the living/dining space. I believe that door is the entrance to the guest bath. Time will tell...

Tom, Kev will not be answering your question. He passed away several months ago.

sorry i was not clear. I meant the video does not show inside the half bath. I believe the suite has one and you can see the door to it

• 3 months later...

planning on a fall cruise on breakaway, any aft facing haven penthouse suites to stay away from? or conversely any that you prefer? online shows deck 14, 9, 10 are available. still cant find a floor plan for this class of suite, any one find one thats available for view?

thanks

roger

planning on a fall cruise on breakaway, any aft facing haven penthouse suites to stay away from? or conversely any that you prefer? online shows deck 14, 9, 10 are available. still cant find a floor plan for this class of suite, any one find one thats available for view?

thanks

roger

Deck 14 has a different layout than 9 and 10. Deck 14, has balcony doors from the living room and master bedroom. The others have the tub in front of the window and balcony access only from the living room. No window or balcony access from master bedroom.

I loved my portside deck 14. I also had a beautiful view of the fireworks. Only possible negative to some is I did hear music at night from h20. It was not terrible at all for us but others may feel differently. If balcony is important, 9 and 10 have a bigger balcony than 14. Deck 14's balcony was way big enough for us. It depends on what you want on your vacation.

You may find this helpful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Edited by 1witchydiva

thanks for the quick reply, can you describe the closet size? is it a walk in? this is upmost concern to my wife, also your attached link didn't come thru completely.

thank you

The link works for me. Hhhhmmmm

I can only speak for deck 14. It had a double and two other single closets. Not a walk in. :(

I'll try link again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Closet closed

90D0A7A7-9556-40D9-BABD-EA79CB6795A9-4129-000004478113F249_zps2b46f0a5.jpg

thanks

roger

General feeling is that Deck 9 has the largest balconies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

thanks

roger

I am attaching a link to my aft suite review. Ours was on deck 11 (11 & 14 have the same layout, bedroom with door to balcony) the other decks have the master bathroom window. I tried to include as much information on that review as I could. I would be happy to answer any questions if you have them. Enjoy your cruise...have fun selecting your suite! Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1871807&highlight=suite+11908

• 2 months later...

I'm sailing on the Breakaway in March and hoping to book an Aft Haven Penthouse - - but I understand they range from 600 to 800 sq ft - - quite a substantial range!

Can any of you kind souls advise me which is the largest of the aft Haven Penthouses? I have read that the ones on level 14 are different layout but I'm not as concerned about the layout as I am about the square footage. Also, which of the aft penthouses have the largest balconies.

Any info you would provide about the Haven aft penthouses on the Breakaway would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks in advance!