Cape Liberty to EWR

purduemom1

I tried searching this first but couldn't find any recent posts so here goes. We are disembarking at Cape Liberty in Nov. and want to rent a car for a few days before flying out of EWR so planning to rent at EWR. There are 2 of us with luggage we can manage ourselves. I can't find any info online about a shuttle from the port. Is one still running and do we need to reserve ahead of time? What is the current cost per person? How about a taxi? Hard to get at the port? What can we expect to pay? Flat fare to EWR, do we negotiate or are they all just metered? Thanks for the help and for sharing your insights.

Sharon

There are shuttles back to EWR which cost $17/pp. They will drop you at P4 where you can transfer to the rental car shuttle. You do not have to prebook these shuttles.

Hi 138 east...about the shuttles...we will be arriving EWR on the day of cruise. Do you happen to know the name of the shuttle service that can take us to the port? Do you know where we would pick up the shuttle? Arriving on United. Also, do you happen to know what a taxi would cost to the port?

I am sure this has been discussed many,many times on these boards and you seem to be the "expert" on all things east.

Thanks so much

Hi 138 east...about the shuttles...we will be arriving EWR on the day of cruise. Do you happen to know the name of the shuttle service that can take us to the port? Do you know where we would pick up the shuttle? Arriving on United. Also, do you happen to know what a taxi would cost to the port?

I am sure this has been discussed many,many times on these boards and you seem to be the "expert" on all things east.

Thanks so much

If you are flying in day of i would arrange my own service......the shuttle BACK to the airport is a bus service contracted by RCI and i don't think it has a name per say, IIRC it's a local bus company.....and it's $17 PP

you could call independent driver (the number is in my blog, click below..)...they do not have a website, but many CCers have used..

you could grab a taxi..should be around $50. (yes it is expensive, and it is not that far of a ride..)

I hope you are arriving EARLY!!!! like NO LATER than 11 AM...you can often board by like noon, and you do NOT want to cut it close...

you may also be able to book cruise line transfers for the "bargain" price of $57 bucks PP, round trip.....

If you are flying in day of i would arrange my own service......the shuttle BACK to the airport is a bus service contracted by RCI and i don't think it has a name per say, IIRC it's a local bus company.....and it's $17 PP

you could call independent driver (the number is in my blog, click below..)...they do not have a website, but many CCers have used..

you could grab a taxi..should be around $50. (yes it is expensive, and it is not that far of a ride..)

I hope you are arriving EARLY!!!! like NO LATER than 11 AM...you can often board by like noon, and you do NOT want to cut it close...

you may also be able to book cruise line transfers for the "bargain" price of $57 bucks PP, round trip.....

Thanks Meg for the quick response. We arrive early (815am) so barring any delays we have plenty of time to get to the port. I will check out your blog and contact an independent driver.

Love cruise critic and great people like you!

• 3 weeks later...

For Meg….we are rural Oregon people coming to the big city for a cruise. We are interested in the info on taking a shuttle upon disembarkation for Port Liberty to EWR. Will we have any problem finding these shuttles? We are a little bit nervous about this procedure having never been to this area. Thanks for any info!

Thanks Meg for the quick response. We arrive early (815am) so barring any delays we have plenty of time to get to the port. I will check out your blog and contact an independent driver.

Love cruise critic and great people like you!

Thanks...the name of the service is "independent driver...". But there are other choices on the blog....

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

For Meg….we are rural Oregon people coming to the big city for a cruise. We are interested in the info on taking a shuttle upon disembarkation for Port Liberty to EWR. Will we have any problem finding these shuttles? We are a little bit nervous about this procedure having never been to this area. Thanks for any info!

There will be lots of people doing the same thing...if you turn right exiting the pier you will see the buses to the airport...

If you go left to the cab line...there may be vans (essentially cabs) that the dispatcher will try and fill....i have not done that in a long time...i forget what the cost was....but really you will easily find transportation to the airport.....sounds like chaos but really...it is not....;)

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Archived