Best Aft Cabin on Radiance of the Seas

I was looking at the picture of the aft of the ship - it appears that all of the balconies above you can look right down onto your balcony, and that even the Windjammer outside deck can look down onto the deck 10 balconies.

Is that correct?

Yup, that is true. Hasn't bothered me as I am usually clothed and rarely look up. :D

Bill

We are booked in 8168 on Brilliance, but 1102 opened up, also an aft. Called and rep said all the balconies the same size, even hump! Which should I take? Is noise a factor in 1002- under café? Is it bigger/deeper? Or is 8168 smaller, but no one next to you?

We were just on 8168 on Serenade (sister ship). Although it's a corner cabin in reality it's not really a wrap around balcony as you can't see around the corner and it gets very narrow towards the end of the balcony. It's a wide balcony but not as deep as the next door cabin (8170) which our sons stayed in. They had 2 loungers which fitted comfortably onto their balcony but we only had 1 (along with 2 chairs and a table) and another lounger would have been difficult to fit on there as the balcony gets very narrow towards the corner.

We have the same cabin booked next year and wouldn't change it as it's nice to be at the end of the aft cabins and there is still a little view off the end and around the side - albeit you have to squeeze along to the end.

I would certainly choose this cabin over one which is directly under the windjammer (i.e. 1102) just because there's less chance of disturbance from chairs etc scraping over, and also the way the overhangs are laid out the balconies on deck 10 are more overlooked than on deck 8. We had 1602 on the Jewel, fantastic deep balcony but directly overlooked from the back of the windjammer terrace.

Edited by Bobal

I was looking at the picture of the aft of the ship - it appears that all of the balconies above you can look right down onto your balcony, and that even the Windjammer outside deck can look down onto the deck 10 balconies.

Is that correct?

Well not quite. You can only really see the bit near the railing.

The only thing with aft balcony sliding doors is - pleasssse lock the handle down if you are going to leave the door open for fresh air. Otherwise the blasted thing is going to slide back and forward making very loud slamming sounds as it hits the stops due to the rocking motion of the ship. This is very annoying to your neighbour. Side cabins don't suffer from this to any great extent.

Edited by cassamanda

• 2 weeks later...

We have 1100 on Serenade for our upcoming Med cruise in May and hoping that it is as wonderful as everyone has said! We switched from aft 9660 when 1100 became available and hopefully it was a good choice! We love the aft and have never had a corner. Really excited! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Is that correct?

This photo was taken from the balcony of cabin 1600. It is looking straight down at the cabins below. I suppose if you were to lean way over you could see onto the balconies below, but too much like work for me.

2luaw7l.jpg

Edited by Kevin's girl

• 4 months later...
We've got 1100 booked on radiance in Dec for our first cruise with royal caribbean!

Can't wait to experience the HUGE deck.

The only negative i can foresee is a long walk to anywhere.

We will take good care of 1100 for you this summer in Alaska.

Here, take a peek.

http://youtu.be/GXnc5niFFSA

Edited by Donut23

You do realize the post that you quoted is from 2012 and the video you want them to look at was actually posted by the person you quoted?:eek::p

Someone pulled up an older thread.

Oh well. Thanks for bringing my errors to my attention. If you plan to keep this up, you will be a very busy person!

We can call it a blonde moment. Just don't call it a senior moment yet.

Perhaps another cabin 1100 guest will enjoy it instead.

Oh well. Thanks for bringing my errors to my attention. If you plan to keep this up, you will be a very busy person!

We can call it a blonde moment. Just don't call it a senior moment yet.

Perhaps another cabin 1100 guest will enjoy it instead.

Hi Donut

I enjoyed the video! Thank you for having your blonde moment! ;)

We are staying in 1100 on the Serenade in 3 months. Our first corner aft! Have always stayed center aft so looking forward to a new experience. :)

Dolfans from Miami

• 2 weeks later...