Tour of cruise ship

drewlin

I have been trying to persuade my son and daughter-in-law to cruise with us. It would be very helpful if I could take them on a tour of a cruise ship so they could see for themselves how great these ships are. I did receive an email (can't remember who from) offering a tour of MSC ship or Cunard for around £40 pp but, unfortunately, I must have deleted it and cannot find any reference to this. Does anyone know about these tours? Don't mind which cruise line it is as just want to give them a feel of what it is like on a large cruise ship.

At many embarkation ports, Princess offers what they call the Bon Voyage Package. A passenger may invite friends, relatives, etc on board. They get a tour of the ship and lunch. Cost is $39 per person.

I've recently done the Bon Voyage on Princess and it is great. You can actually skip the guided tour and get off on your own which is what I would suggest to anyone doing this. I would suggest you call your Princess number in the UK and ask them if there are any ports near you that offer this. You could also do so with other cruiselines that call on the port nearest you.

I have been trying to persuade my son and daughter-in-law to cruise with us. It would be very helpful if I could take them on a tour of a cruise ship so they could see for themselves how great these ships are. I did receive an email (can't remember who from) offering a tour of MSC ship or Cunard for around £40 pp but, unfortunately, I must have deleted it and cannot find any reference to this. Does anyone know about these tours? Don't mind which cruise line it is as just want to give them a feel of what it is like on a large cruise ship.

I can only help with a virtual tour. Try this web site!

http://www.beyondships.com/

Jim

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have managed to book a tour around MSC Opera in Southampton for £15pp. It's really to give my son and daughter-in-law an idea of what a cruise ship is like although I would have preferred a larger ship like Independence of the Seas. I have never sailed with MSC so it will be interesting to have a look around.

I have to agree with the others - a good TA can be of help. I've toured Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships while in Vancouver, Canada with our TA.

Btw - you're the first one I've noticed on here from Wigan. Some of my ancestors came from there. :cool:

Enjoy your MSC day....keep your ears open for HAL tours, which are around the country again this year (I'm with them for a day in Edinburgh); Cunard seem to be offering some lunches this year, and P&O in Southampton.

Have a great time- I'm really looking forward to mine! :D

Jo.

Archived