NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Is there a way to verify that the credit has been applied? I don't see it anywhere on the site for my cruise. I had called and was told that they would apply the credit; however, I don't want to wait til boarding to find out if there was a mistake and I didn't get the credit.

So many people have applied for the book, then 4 days later or so call and it will be showing in your account, then have it applied. you do NOT need the letter or the code.

If you are told you do, then call again until you get the right answer.

NO need to call TA, so many people have a TA but NCL will apply

The biggest debacle and problem with this promo is lack of training for NCL personell and the deluge of calls about the HSN OBC.

Again; Thousands from these boards alone:

• Ordered brochure through HSN
  • Waited 4-5 days
  • Called NCL Direct whether booked thru NCL or a TA
  • Number of some kind was found
  • OBC was applied

If you are told any different than above bullets then:

• Ask for a supervisor
  • Call again and get a different agent
  • Repeat the process

You do not need:

• The Brochure or the letter
  • To call your TA
  • Never do you need to cancel-rebook regardless of what you are told see above(Repeat the process)
  • Past booked cruises are OK and will be applied
  • To lose any other OBC's

Read the previous pages of this board and you will see that all I have said is accurate.

The credit shows up in your my NCL summary go to www.ncl2.com unless you called your TA for this, which is why I say go direct to NCL for this credit.

It is NCL policy that when your resevation changes, i.e a credit then a new confirmation will and should be e-mailed to you.

NUFF SAID:cool:

All of this came true for me and thousands, it is just a crazy credit that requires some to work harder for it, but $100.00 free is worth it

So many people have applied for the book, then 4 days later or so call and it will be showing in your account, then have it applied. you do NOT need the letter or the code.

If you are told you do, then call again until you get the right answer.

NO need to call TA, so many people have a TA but NCL will apply

The biggest debacle and problem with this promo is lack of training for NCL personell and the deluge of calls about the HSN OBC.

Again; Thousands from these boards alone:

• Ordered brochure through HSN
  • Waited 4-5 days
  • Called NCL Direct whether booked thru NCL or a TA
  • Number of some kind was found
  • OBC was applied

If you are told any different than above bullets then:

• Ask for a supervisor
  • Call again and get a different agent
  • Repeat the process

You do not need:

• The Brochure or the letter
  • To call your TA
  • Never do you need to cancel-rebook regardless of what you are told see above(Repeat the process)
  • Past booked cruises are OK and will be applied
  • To lose any other OBC's

Read the previous pages of this board and you will see that all I have said is accurate.

The credit shows up in your my NCL summary go to www.ncl2.com unless you called your TA for this, which is why I say go direct to NCL for this credit.

It is NCL policy that when your resevation changes, i.e a credit then a new confirmation will and should be e-mailed to you.

NUFF SAID:cool:

All of this came true for me and thousands, it is just a crazy credit that requires some to work harder for it, but $100.00 free is worth it

Thank you for this very comprehensive answer.

I booked June 11 for a january 2013 cruise and they shot me down. They said I had to book between July 1 and August 31 NOT TRUE to get the credit, since it was in June I would have to cancel and rebook.NOT TRUE It's ridiculous, so now I've lost out on the Lattitudes obc of $70 because they cannot combine with the promo I booked (the free wine, choc. covered strawberries, and 2 dinners for 2)NOT TRUE and now I lost out on the $100 HSN obc.NOT YET So I thought about canceling and rebooking.NEVER..only to find the prices went up by $150 per person. So not worth it. They need to put this information in print somewhere on this paperwork to save us all from wasting our time.

See Above post by Luv2cruise53

I booked my cruise in May

No cancel rebook or loss of other OBC's

Keep trying, you WILL get the right answer eventually.

One girl posted that she got the same answer as you, she asked for a supervisor, told supervisor about all the others who were getting it . said she felt discriminated, said I will book elsewhere after this. ON HOLD, 10 mins later

DONE DEAL

????? If a person tells you the sky is falling, do you look up to confirm, or do you shake your head and laugh....Moral

Not all agents have been trained properly and so find one who has or find a supervisor who has. Some supervisors will support their agents so you go to a new agent and repeat the process.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. We are right at 90 days out and just a few weeks away from our final payment. We already have OBC from our TA but it nor this promotion (waiting to hear back from TA, emailed them prior to the good advice posted about just calling... going to call direct if we don't hear back soon.) show up on our ncl vacation summary. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have our confirmation emails from the TA that show our bon voyage gifts and our onboard credit but cannot seem to find it on the ncl website.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. We are right at 90 days out and just a few weeks away from our final payment. We already have OBC from our TA but it nor this promotion (waiting to hear back from TA, emailed them prior to the good advice posted about just calling... going to call direct if we don't hear back soon.) show up on our ncl vacation summary. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have our confirmation emails from the TA that show our bon voyage gifts and our onboard credit but cannot seem to find it on the ncl website.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

You will not see the OBC from your TA on MyNCL - that is OBC that they are purchasing from NCL so your confirmation email is your only proof. The HSN OBC will show on your Vacation Summary once it has been applied.

You will not see the OBC from your TA on MyNCL - that is OBC that they are purchasing from NCL so your confirmation email is your only proof. The HSN OBC will show on your Vacation Summary once it has been applied.

Thank you so much!

Had contacted TA. Won't do anything. Want us to cancel and rebook to get it and we have a rate $100 cheaper AND $125 OBC already and in room gifts. So Stupid. Don't think we will be booking with this company again. We had them match Costco's price and OBC just because we had heard so many good things but our TA left the company and now we got forwarded to someone else. Will try doing it myself after work calling the number provided. Thanks to all of you for all of your input.

Recieved my brochure today. Love it!. I called the number on the letter that came with the booklet and was able to have OBC applied to reservation in about 3 min!:)

How long did you have to wait for the brochure?

I'm new to NCL, so no original lattitudes number. Booked a 7 nighter in early July, then a few days later saw this post (thanks OP!). I ordered the brochure online, then called a week later and ordered by phone. 2 weeks after the original online ordering, I finally got 3??? brochures, all with a different code on the top right.

My TA had said that I could get the $100 added if I cancel and rebook. I called the TA and gave my HSN number and was on hold for 30 mins as NCL apparently made a mistake in giving me 3 separate numbers and couldn't figure out which one was 'correct'.

Anyways, they are figuring it out and the cancel and rebook should be OK since the price on the cruise has not changed at all. This should add a nice $100 OBC (as long as everything still goes through well-fingers crossed) which should buy us a couple of nice bottles of wine on the cruise! Thanks!

Update: Just emailed my TA and asked if he could check on the $100 credit. He spoke to a manager at NCL and they were able to cancel and rebook and get my $100 OBC in addition to the $100 my TA had already given me. I had originally booked in July then ordered the brochure a week later.

Then, he said, inexplicably, they rebooked my room at $160 less than what it originally cost (even though price hasn't changed) and he just kept quiet about it. Woohoo, that made my day....

So now, a 7 night cruise for $1100 and $200 onboard credit really makes my day! I think I'll use this TA forever...

Had contacted TA. Won't do anything. Want us to cancel and rebook to get it and we have a rate $100 cheaper AND $125 OBC already and in room gifts. So Stupid. Don't think we will be booking with this company again. We had them match Costco's price and OBC just because we had heard so many good things but our TA left the company and now we got forwarded to someone else. Will try doing it myself after work calling the number provided. Thanks to all of you for all of your input.

TA is wrong, uninformed or lazy...next time book direct.

Refer to post 377 from this thread. This is 100% accurate information.

Couldnt get the submit button to work. Can I use it for a cruise I already booked for January?

Funny but I could not get the submit button to work either...so I entered all the data twice....and I got 2 NCL brochures with the letter that states I can get the 100$ ..so just sit back and wait..:D

Update: Just emailed my TA and asked if he could check on the $100 credit. He spoke to a manager at NCL and they were able to cancel and rebook and get my $100 OBC in addition to the $100 my TA had already given me. I had originally booked in July then ordered the brochure a week later.

Then, he said, inexplicably, they rebooked my room at $160 less than what it originally cost (even though price hasn't changed) and he just kept quiet about it. Woohoo, that made my day....

So now, a 7 night cruise for $1100 and $200 onboard credit really makes my day! I think I'll use this TA forever...

TA got lucky, but it worked in your favor and you did not have to do any work. During the rebook cancel process the price had gone down so you lucked out, However had the price increased the TA would have been calling you and sayin sorry but cancel rebook has an increase so you either get credit or pay more. Well this is wrong. A cancel rebook is not required for the HSN OBC, BUT and this is a Big BUTT a decrease worked in your favor, decreases are less common than increases.

Good For you savvy cruiser:D

Kev:cool:

I made our final payment today and asked again about the 100.00 and the pcc tried to apply it. It could not be applied....at least he tried.

We have a wave promo and we also used cruise credits we had to book our cruise and we used a FCC. I think the combination of those excludes us....

Wish we could have added it as my Lattitudes number to changed in all this too but I understand if it s it combinable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TA got lucky, but it worked in your favor and you did not have to do any work. During the rebook cancel process the price had gone down so you lucked out, However had the price increased the TA would have been calling you and sayin sorry but cancel rebook has an increase so you either get credit or pay more. Well this is wrong. A cancel rebook is not required for the HSN OBC, BUT and this is a Big BUTT a decrease worked in your favor, decreases are less common than increases.

Good For you savvy cruiser:D

Kev:cool:

Yeah, he told me upfront that he would have to cancel and rebook, or that's what NCL had told him earlier - so I was expecting it and keeping my eye on prices while the brochure came. It really is poorly applied at NCL and they seem to have been giving him (and me) the runaround. My wife had called NCL directly twice previously and they said it was only for new bookings, that is when we turned to the TA.

What's funny is that they at least haven't posted that price decrease yet, as even my TA couldn't even see it, but yes, it worked out for me. Glad I wasn't locked in! Thanks NCL and OP and all who replied to this thread!

Booked my cruise last year for this october. Final payment already made. Called my TA and he got my $100 applied plus my other obc..now I have $250 obc and my hubby has 50. Now...to redeem my NCL world points for another $100...LOL

Hope I make someone's day!!! I found out that if you go to hsn.com and ask for a free brochure for ncl, they give a free OBC of 100.00 for bookings by 8/2012. Hope this isn't old news. But I just signed up for mine for my oct.sailing.:):):)

Thanks so much, how generous of you to pass this savings on to others. Cruise Critic people are the best. Enjoy your cruise.

It sounds like you and I are working with the same travel agent. My assigned agent sucked, and so I demanded to be changed. The new lady was awesome, but she left last week. Now I can barely get a call-back. Won't be booking with this TA again.

As far as I know, you don't need the brochure. I did it without any code or number, just a phone call regarding the HSC offer.

Folks;

This is terrific information but I am reading the posts and now I am totally confused.

I went online and ordered the brochure and as yet not booked a cruise but have two in mind.

-When I call my TA, do I need a number/code from the brochure when it arrives?

-Per the above post I need anything?

-CAN this offer be combined?

Thanks to everyone.

cruisinbob

When I called CAS it was in the computer already. They did not cancel and rebook and I kept all the perks from the original reservation. I wasnt paid in full (dont know if that matters!). I was sent an email with a confirmation that I had the OBC in addition to the other perks (wine,dinner at steakhous,dinner at italian, strawberries)Plus I also have the platnum perks-cant wait till january!

Archived