NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Link no longer works :( Just found this post, getting ready to book Sky in October. Would have been great. I KNEW I should have spent less time working yesterday, and more time researching NCL... ;) hahaha

Yup, I just tried it and even did a search for Norwegian on HSN, came up with nothing, so looks like this offer was pulled. Good luck to everyone who was able to get a brochure!

I still have not received the brochure after 2 weeks. I just called my TA and he knew all about it and is going to call NCL to see whats going on. I have been waiting for 2 hours for him to call back but nothing yet.

Yup, I just tried it and even did a search for Norwegian on HSN, came up with nothing, so looks like this offer was pulled. Good luck to everyone who was able to get a brochure!

No it definitely is no longer there, I was going to refer someone to this today :( It did work yesterday though.

No it definitely is no longer there, I was going to refer someone to this today :( It did work yesterday though.

Try calling to order it. This is the number that was on the offer 866-234-7459. I ordered online and by phone a little over a week ago. I am now calling daily to see if it has been attached to my Latitudes number as I was told it will be. No luck yet. Don't know if the brochure has arrived since I am out of town this week. Good luck.

Thanks OP for the heads up.

I still have not received the brochure after 2 weeks. I just called my TA and he knew all about it and is going to call NCL to see whats going on. I have been waiting for 2 hours for him to call back but nothing yet.

Just got an email from my TA. It is my lucky day. The OBC was applied and it is showing in my NCL account. Still have not received the brochure yet!

I had read earlier that it would be pulled after Aug 16......which if you think about the way the promo is supposed to work, it makes perfect sense.....

1. Order brochure

2. Wait to receive brochure

and then....

3. Book a cruise by August 31, 2012 and receive $100 OBC......

It wouldn't really make any sense to still be able to order a brochure right up to August 31, 2012 since you are supposed to book a cruise after you receive the brochure.

I just canceled and rebooked my Dec. 1 Epic cruise to get both the $100 HSN OBC and a $100 Epic OBC from NCL, a promotion that expires in two days.

I ordered my brochure almost two weeks ago, but still haven't received it. Luckily, it was attached to my Latitudes number. NCL had no problems combining the two promotions, but I did have to cancel/rebook. Fortunately, my studio cabin is still $899 and the taxes went down a few bucks.

The best part is the $200 is all mine! :D I'm doing my first solo cruise and there were no reductions, even though it's just one person in the cabin. My original booking had a $25 OBC - halved from $50 because I was solo. Plus, the OBC offers from NCL for studios are usually miniscule - the last one I saw was $12.50!

So if you're sailing on Epic and waiting for the HSN brochure, I'd call within the next two days to see if you can get both.

Good luck!

I am bummed, I ordered beginning of Aug the HSN promo package after finding about the offer from this post. Got an e-mail about a week later from NCL that my Latitude numbers were merged (figured from reading this thread that the promo was in system – and why I got that note), booked Bermuda on Dawn about two weeks ago hoping to use the HSN $100 OBC. I have been unsuccessful calling travel agent or NCL to get the credit, they all tell me (very nicely) that they need the number off of the package to activate – and they can’t see it automatically in my record. Looks like I won’t get it in time for my 8/24 departure due to the slow mailing of the promotion.

I am bummed, I ordered beginning of Aug the HSN promo package after finding about the offer from this post. Got an e-mail about a week later from NCL that my Latitude numbers were merged (figured from reading this thread that the promo was in system – and why I got that note), booked Bermuda on Dawn about two weeks ago hoping to use the HSN $100 OBC. I have been unsuccessful calling travel agent or NCL to get the credit, they all tell me (very nicely) that they need the number off of the package to activate – and they can’t see it automatically in my record. Looks like I won’t get it in time for my 8/24 departure due to the slow mailing of the promotion.
I just got the brochure today. It took 2 weeks to the day. My TA did a real good job getting me the credit without the code number. Maybe he just works harder at it because your situation sounds like exactly what happened to me. I guess you can hope and pray you get the brochure in the next 3 days. If they merged your latitudes numbers you must have it in there. My TA wanted to know both latitude numbers so he could get it for me. Good luck.

I didn't get the OBC. I was told by NCL that reservations had to be made between July 1 and August 31 to qualify. It appears that others have been successful with reservations made earlier than July 1. I booked in June. I got the same story (and denial of OBC) when I asked to speak with a supervisor.

Does anyone else know of the July 1 start date for reservations? It does not appear on my letter from HSN. It only has an end date of 8/31.

I didn't get the OBC. I was told by NCL that reservations had to be made between July 1 and August 31 to qualify. It appears that others have been successful with reservations made earlier than July 1. I booked in June. I got the same story (and denial of OBC) when I asked to speak with a supervisor.

Does anyone else know of the July 1 start date for reservations? It does not appear on my letter from HSN. It only has an end date of 8/31.

Like I said it was 3 different calls. First 2 said "No, can't be done." I called again and got it today. Keep trying.

Mention that MANY others are getting this without cancelling and re-booking.

Good luck and I hope you get it.

GOT IT!!!!!!!! Thank you guys SOOOOO much for this info.

We have 2 cabins booked since March on the 2/6/13 Sun sailing. Had one from each cabin request the brochure about 2 weeks ago and we were notified last week that our latitudes had been combined so we knew they got the request. I took the advice on one of you and didn't wait for the brochure, just e-mailed my online TA on Friday afternoon and got revised invoices today showing the $100 OBC on each cabin.

You guys are the best and anyone who cruises and doesn't read this site is really missing out.

THANKS THANKS THANKS!!! I will be toasting cruisecritic in February!!!!

I got my OBC today. I have not yet received the brochure - ordered on 8/8. I called the number listed in the offer 866-243-7459. The very helpful lady looked up my name and address and said I had SIX Latitudes numbers assigned. One of them - the one I was aware of - had my cruise history - platinum. One other had the $100 OBC attached. All others were empty so she deleted those. I had my cruise on hold. She told me to book using the number with the OBC attached and she would merge the account with the cruise history into that. I booked with my TA and the $100 OBC is showing on the reservation. I'll just have to check in a few days to be sure my history has been merged into the new number. I have found the folks at the above number to be very helpful.

Thanks to the OP for this post! I registered for the brochure, called NCL the next day (we had booked 2 cabins on the 8/12 sailing of the Pearl). The first person I spoke with told me we couldn't apply the credit to our 8/12/12 cruise since we booked in June. I called again and the second person I spoke with applied it with no problem. We went on our cruise last week and used every penny of the $200 (and more!).

Thanks OP!!

The first time I called, they said no, that I couldn't apply it to a pre-booked cruise. Today they said yes! Got the email confirmation today.

As an added bonus, the price in my category went down yet another $20 pp, so I took care of that, too. Sweet.

I just got my $100 HSN OBC for my 8/24 Dawn sailing tonight. Thanks to original poster, and all of the others for the insight and encouragement. I did have to call NCL a few times – but, tonight at last they found the HSN credit and posted to my OB account (even sent me an email verification). NCL customer services does a great job – thanks again to everyone on Cruise Critic for helping me pick-up the OBC! :D

Thanks to the op for this great tip! :D Got my letter from hsn today so called my pcc. He applied the $100 obc to my jan 2013 cruise and also $100 obc to my jan 2014 cruise. I just love these kind of tips. :D

;) happy for you!! YAAY!!!

Thanks to the OP for this post! I registered for the brochure, called NCL the next day (we had booked 2 cabins on the 8/12 sailing of the Pearl). The first person I spoke with told me we couldn't apply the credit to our 8/12/12 cruise since we booked in June. I called again and the second person I spoke with applied it with no problem. We went on our cruise last week and used every penny of the $200 (and more!).

Thanks OP!!

THANKS!! happy for u all :)

Archived