NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Maybe i misunderstood. It sounded that some folks who had booked b 4 this started snd were already paid, still got the obc. I mentioned this to my consultant at ncl and he said that everyone lies on cruise critic and only people who.booked since 7/1 gets it.

I read him my letter which had an ending date but nevet said when iy started. He basically said too bad we would go out of business if we gave it to everyone. Wasnt asking 4 anything special, just thought that the tone could have been better. Fyi...out whole group didnt get any obc from any source.

Wow! Were u pd in full when u got the obc and if so, whom do u think thT i should speak with?

Yes, paid in full. And I don't know specifically, seems like it's luck of the draw. I did actually have to have my brochure in hand.

Thanks everyone, i will try again when my cruise consultant is off. Come to think of it, he has been worthless since we booked, rarely returning anyone in our groups calls. Last time we went eith a ta ftom a small agency and she was great.

I booked direct with NCL and after at least 7 times of getting shot down, I transferred it to an online TA, called NCL again, then finally got it applied with no hassles. What a debacle but I'm glad I finally have it.

I just called 866-234-7459 and spoke to Gil.

This was my second attempt.

The first one failed.

She wouldn't even talk to me.

She kept asking if I booked between June & Aug.

Gil took my Latitudes number and my reservation number.

He also asked for my address and phone number.

I gave him a reservation number for next April.

He transferred me to Isabel, who asked for my TA phone number.

I gave it to her and she then applied the $100 OBC.

I asked to have another $100 applied to another cruise - in my husband's name.

I had sent for 2 brochures - one in each of our names.

She then checked his Latitudes & applied the $100 OBC to a second cruise we're taking in May (b2b).

I suggest that everyone just keep trying.

It's worth it for the $$$.

Good Luck!

Judy

Got it applied to our current cruise for Nov that was booked a year ago AND booked an additional cruise for 2013 with the current promotion going on got $25 for being a latitudes bronze member, $100 with NCL promo that was going on and $50 from our TA, plus she got the HSN applied to that cruise as well. Thanks so much OP! We have never had OBC before and have a total of $225 for this year and $275 for next year. Just awesome. Really appreciate everyones tips that were posted as well on how to get it applied.

For others trying to get it: On the first cruise we did not have our packet yet and the TA was able to add it. First she told us she couldn't but after explaining to her that we could she checked and it was already showing in our account. (it wasn't for me, on my NCL account, but did after she "found it"). But for the second cruise she needed the number from the packet, (not sure why) but luckily we got it in the mail a few days after asking.

Hi i just called that 1866 number and she said i would have to request it by August 15 :( although it says August 31st on the site. anything i can do?

Call your TA if you have one. That is what worked for me but then again I don't go through an NCL PCC.

I just called 866-234-7459 and spoke to Gil.

Gil took my Latitudes number and my reservation number.

He also asked for my address and phone number.

I gave him a reservation number for next April.

He transferred me to Isabel, who asked for my TA phone number.

I gave it to her and she then applied the $100 OBC.

I asked to have another $100 applied to another cruise - in my husband's name.

I had sent for 2 brochures - one in each of our names.

She then checked his Latitudes & applied the $100 OBC to a second cruise we're taking in May (b2b).

Judy

Judy, thank you for posting the number! I hadn't yet received anything in the mail, so I was ready to give up hope of getting the OBC by Aug 31st. But I called and was transferred to another rep, he looked up my already-existing reservation, and in no time, the $100 was applied to my booking, in addition to what was already there. Yay!!:D I didn't have any code or letter -- so apparently just clicking the HSN link when I first heard about the offer was good enough. BTW, I booked over a year ago with a PCC but last time I asked him about the HSN offer, he was of no help. :confused:

Judy, thank you for posting the number! I hadn't yet received anything in the mail, so I was ready to give up hope of getting the OBC by Aug 31st. But I called and was transferred to another rep, he looked up my already-existing reservation, and in no time, the $100 was applied to my booking, in addition to what was already there. Yay!!:D I didn't have any code or letter -- so apparently just clicking the HSN link when I first heard about the offer was good enough. BTW, I booked over a year ago with a PCC but last time I asked him about the HSN offer, he was of no help. :confused:

Yea! :D:):D

I always love a happy ending!

So glad you got the credit too.

Judy

does anyone know if these offers come through often?

I've never seen one like this, but there are usually different kinds of offers.

You just have to watch for them.

This is one of the best I've seen - except for the American Express offers for OBC when you book a suite.

I'd like to see that one again.

Judy

does anyone know if these offers come through often?

2 years ago Topicana was giving onboard credit also. The best way to find out when all these offers take place is to pay attention to the NCL Boards.

The people here are so generous with information.

I hope to be able to find some obscure OBC offer to share with everyone soon!:)

yes i wish i had seen it earlier:( and yea i hope so 2! because an obc is awesome

2 years ago Topicana was giving onboard credit also. The best way to find out when all these offers take place is to pay attention to the NCL Boards.

The people here are so generous with information.

I hope to be able to find some obscure OBC offer to share with everyone soon!:)

Archived