NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Got my letter and just called NCL to try and get this applied to my current booking. Was told it was for new bookings only and that I could rebook, but the price has gone up a bit for my cruise and would only result in a net of about $20 OBC. Sigh. I'm in no mood to get in a pissing match with NCL and argue that others have gotten it applied, so I'll probably miss out on yet another OBC offer.

Got my letter and just called NCL to try and get this applied to my current booking. Was told it was for new bookings only and that I could rebook, but the price has gone up a bit for my cruise and would only result in a net of about $20 OBC. Sigh. I'm in no mood to get in a pissing match with NCL and argue that others have gotten it applied, so I'll probably miss out on yet another OBC offer.

At least call back and see if you get someone else.....Did you call the number in the letter or your PCC?

I received my copy a couple days ago and just got off the phone with NCL and they wouldn't honor it. They said the date has passed even though the date is August 31, 2012. She wouldn't believe me. She said that the date expired on July 31, 2012. I told her that i would take a pic of it with my phone and she wasn't interested. We made our reservation in July for a 2014 cruise. My letter states NO dates as when travel needs to be completed. So frustrated with NCL even more now. :mad:

I just want to add my thanks to all who let us in on the offer and provided advice for securing the OBC.

I had called a week or so ago, and was told there was no record of my being eligible for the OBC. But, when I called again today, the rep found that I was indeed eligible and applied the credit to our upcoming, already booked trip.

So, it seems that calling back and re-trying can work.

Once again, thank you to all for assisting us in getting this credit.

I got that response (NO) the first time I called.I called back & got it applied fairly quickly.

Another friend told me that she had to call 3 times. I think it's worth it for $100. Did you call the number I listed a few posts back?

Good Luck.

Judy

I'd been trying to get NCL to send me a new brochure for the last two years. Every request was taken, but they would never send us the danged brochure. So when I heard about this offer I figured I just might get what I've been asking for the last two years! (They don't keep them on the ships anymore either) A few days later I got my brochure. I looked at it and forgot about the attached $100 offer even after I made a reservation for the Panama canal repo on the Jewell a month later. Yesterday I found the letter that went with the brochure on my desk and I figured I'd try and get it applied to my cruise. Wala! Another $100 OBC, for a total of $450 OBC, the most I've ever gotten in 31 NCL cruises! Thanks, HSN, NCL, cruise*com, and the original poster of this thread!:D

I'd been trying to get NCL to send me a new brochure for the last two years. Every request was taken, but they would never send us the danged brochure. So when I heard about this offer I figured I just might get what I've been asking for the last two years! (They don't keep them on the ships anymore either) A few days later I got my brochure. I looked at it and forgot about the attached $100 offer even after I made a reservation for the Panama canal repo on the Jewell a month later. Yesterday I found the letter that went with the brochure on my desk and I figured I'd try and get it applied to my cruise. Wala! Another $100 OBC, for a total of $450 OBC, the most I've ever gotten in 31 NCL cruises! Thanks, HSN, NCL, cruise*com, and the original poster of this thread!:D

You're lucky you found the letter in time - just under the wire! Offer expired Aug 31st. Enjoy all that OBC!!

If anyone has a code they can't use can you email me? I read people tried with existing cruises and they wouldn't honor it.

vlapinta@verizon.net.

I am getting ready to book a cruise in October for my 3oth anniversary.

The codes are linked to a Latitudes # specific to the person who made the brochure request. Someone else's # won't work for your booking.

I received my copy a couple days ago and just got off the phone with NCL and they wouldn't honor it. They said the date has passed even though the date is August 31, 2012. She wouldn't believe me. She said that the date expired on July 31, 2012. I told her that i would take a pic of it with my phone and she wasn't interested. We made our reservation in July for a 2014 cruise. My letter states NO dates as when travel needs to be completed. So frustrated with NCL even more now. :mad:

I believe the offer states for cruises booked July 1 through August 31 for cruises in 2012 and 2013. You are booked for 2014.

My letter does not state any offer date. It doesn't matter anyway. I'm sick of NCL and choose to cancel with them and go with another company.

So sorry to hear that you are canceling with NCL.

We find them very "cruiser" friendly.

This promotion was offered by HSN and was very confusing for everyone.

Many folks were not able to take advantage of the offer.

It ended on 8/31/12.

Hope you'll reconsider & maybe we'll meet on a cruise.

Judy

We ordered our brochure and when it arrived it clearly said eligible to receive OBC of $100 on any 5+ day Norwegian cruise when you book by Aug 31st....and to mention our client ID to redeem the offer. On the letter there was no client ID so my husband called their help line with the number on the web site and after spending 20 mins on the call the agent confirmed we were entitled to the OBC and gave us another number to call.

First agent on this number transferred the call without telling us, the 2nd agent was adamant we were not entitled to it as it had to be redeemed by Aug 31st...after spending about 40mins on the call, being put on hold 5 times while the agent spoke to several supervisors they finally agreed to apply $100 to our account. In the end it became a matter of principle more than anything else .

This will be our first time with NCL and so far their customer service sucks...anyone told it can't be applied, keep trying.

Our brochure still hasn't arrived though we ordered it near the start of the promotion by directly calling since the on line form wouldn't take our address. Glad I didn't wait for the brochure arrival in order to start the battle of multiple calls and emails with NCL and TA in order to finally get the credit applied to our upcoming cruise. :(

Our brochure still hasn't arrived though we ordered it near the start of the promotion by directly calling since the on line form wouldn't take our address. Glad I didn't wait for the brochure arrival in order to start the battle of multiple calls and emails with NCL and TA in order to finally get the credit applied to our upcoming cruise. :(

Same here... ordered at the end of July. Thankful that my TA was able to get the number without actually getting the brochure and get this applied.

Banditoo.....I applied over the phone and like you early in the promotion....NO brochure yet.....However...the message that says "This call is being recorded" kept track of my call....so they have a list of Canadian customers which even after the expiration of the promotion wil be granted the OBC...

I was told today that they are working on adding it to the latitudes number and it will show for the cruise you had booked if done already or for another booking for up to 2013

AJ

For those that are getting upset. This was an HSN promotion not NCL. HSN had to get this into the system, get the package mailed out and make sure the info was attached to a Latitude number.

Then NCL had to pick up the pieces. It's a wonder that anyone got a credit. For those that say their TA straightened it out, they could not, what they did was call NCL and get the number that was associated with you account. TA couldn't do anything about this. You can bet in the future, NCL will ensure their partner has this system figured out. Lot's of folks got the OBC that shouldn't have, and some that should have probable did not. Taking it out on NCL is probably wrong, they put a lot of time and effort into this for not return. It was intended to bring in new business, in reality all it did was cause folks that were already booked to make dozens of calls to NCL to fight with them until someone gave in and gave the OBC.

For those that are getting upset. This was an HSN promotion not NCL. HSN had to get this into the system, get the package mailed out and make sure the info was attached to a Latitude number.

Then NCL had to pick up the pieces. It's a wonder that anyone got a credit. For those that say their TA straightened it out, they could not, what they did was call NCL and get the number that was associated with you account. TA couldn't do anything about this. You can bet in the future, NCL will ensure their partner has this system figured out. Lot's of folks got the OBC that shouldn't have, and some that should have probable did not. Taking it out on NCL is probably wrong, they put a lot of time and effort into this for not return. It was intended to bring in new business, in reality all it did was cause folks that were already booked to make dozens of calls to NCL to fight with them until someone gave in and gave the OBC.

I couldn't have said it better.

I totally agree with this.

Judy

I couldn't have said it better.

I totally agree with this.

Judy

Me too. Businesses and companies that offer promos such as this can simplify the rules as much as possible but there will always be mass confusion from those who don't read it, understand it, or get the info second hand.

Companies (including NCL) are used to it and plan for the rush in their morning staff meetings.

Bon Voyage to everyone lucky to be sailing today!

Archived