NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

I'm back!!

I have been trying to get this since I last posted...couldn't give up! After 4 phone calls to 4 different numbers, I learned my Latitudes accounts have indeed been merged together, although I never got an email. The last person I spoke with at NCL ALMOST applied it, but then said that my booking was paid in full and she couldn't do it. (???????). I was then advised to call the online booking agency (Travelocity) and reached an agent who wasn't too keen on helping me. I pushed him and he called NCL. After being on hold for 15 minutes....IT'S ADDED!!!!! I just did a happy victory dance!!

Congrats...persistence pays off!

Thank you to all the CC posters and to the OP. Booked my cruise on Aug 6 and totally forgot that i had signed up with hsn.com -- I called and made sure i was very nice and they said they saw it on my account and they applied the credit with no problem. So once again i want to thanks everyone on CC for all the great tools and hints!!!

Op and everyone else on this post, thank you, I was so hesitant to go for it, but I did and NCL was really helpful in applying it. I finally called after waiting and thinking about it a week after getting the brochure and the $100 will go towards our next future cruise certificate.

I got the brochure yesterday and called the 866 number on the letter. She told me I had to talk to NCL because I wanted it applied to a cruise booked in March 12 for Oct 13. I spoke to one Pcc who said NO, so asked to talk to the PCC who booked the cruise. He called back and went through the "you have to rebook" speech. I said fine as price did not go up but now The PCC said I would lose the $86.00 AARP discount and the $75 OBC I had so it wouldn't be worth it. I mentioned the information I had read here and his response was to say "don't believe what you read on line" I was not too keen about this PCC before ( assigned after other one left) but now very unhappy. Should I call again tomorrow and ask for a different person?

Yes, you should keep trying. I called 4 times over a week and finally got it. It is extremely frustrating, but worth it.

What was your approach? I got refused for the second time tonight. Once I got the typical spiel, (outside the booking window, would have to cancel and rebook, etc, my approach was that since I ordered the brochure on the phone, nobody told me what the "terms and conditions" were, and that my letter served as my only source of said terms and conditions. And the only criteria on that letter was that the cruise had to be booked by 8/31. My approach was very friendly and non-confrontational, so as to not tick anyone off. Didn't fly with the rep, nor did it fly with her supervisor.

Yet 3 other people on my roll call were able to get the credit within this last week. We sail in just over a month. None had to rebook, nobody lost anything in obtaining the credit.

So my question is... how did you ask? What did you specifically ask for?

I basically asked the same way every time, so what caused the final "okay", I'm not sure. First time I was just told no. Second and third time I was put on hold while they "asked a supervisor". I believed they were actually speaking to a supervisor the first time, not so much the second time. Fourth time the PCC told me he would have a supervisor get back to me (which never happened). I guess I tried five times not four, the fifth and last time I called I asked to speak to a supervisor and the PCC came back after just a couple of minutes and said "they weren't supposed to do it, but the supervisor just did it, she didn't know why". I think you just keep trying. I cruise the beginning of Sept and nothing changed. Best of luck.

I got my brochure today, called and was transferred to the groups line (booked through an online TA). Told them when I called a few weeks ago they told me to call back with my Client ID on the letter and they'd apply it to my cruise.

She did it no questions asked in about 10 seconds. So excited!

Sorry if someone has already posted this.

Just a little note to my fellow canadians. Don't be deterred that you can't put your address into the form. Call the phone # and they will input it for you. The lady said that deliveries to Canada are much slower so if you haven't received the brochure by the end of August, call the cruiseline and by then your info should be in the computer as having requested the brochure and that should be enough to get you your credit.

Thanks for the tip OP!

PS when you go to hsn.com just put "norwegian cruise" into the search bar and the offer will come up.

I tried again today and spoke to two other pcc's, same no. When I asked about rebooking I was told I had to speak to my assigned Pcc (who had already said no plus ticked me off with the commemts about not believing what was on line). Asked to speak to supervisor and told to call back on Monday. Maybe my unhappiness is showing in my voice, will try to be more perky and upbeat about the run around.:rolleyes:

I tried again today and spoke to two other pcc's, same no. When I asked about rebooking I was told I had to speak to my assigned Pcc (who had already said no plus ticked me off with the commemts about not believing what was on line). Asked to speak to supervisor and told to call back on Monday. Maybe my unhappiness is showing in my voice, will try to be more perky and upbeat about the run around.:rolleyes:

When are you sailing? It appears that people who are past final payment have a much harder time getting it, although many still do. And it appears that most who try get it, regardless of when they sail, do still get it, except for the hapless few like us that keep coming up empty.It's very frustrating. It isn't the credit part. It's the whimsical nature of who gets it and who does't that I find perplexing and disappointing. I thought more highly of NCL before this. This will be my 20th cruise with NCL coming up, so I've had lots of experience with them. Always found customer service to be exemplary. Now, not so much.

Our booking was made well over a year ago. I sent away for the HSN package. After I received it, I called my PCC twice and was turned down both times, he actually said they had a meeting about this and it was for new bookings only. I called the "regular" reservation number and was turned down three times. As a last resort, I called the number that was on the letter that came with my "package". It took about 30 seconds to have it applied and a new confirmation sent to me with it added to the OBC that we already had. Maybe give that a try.

Our booking was made well over a year ago. I sent away for the HSN package. After I received it, I called my PCC twice and was turned down both times, he actually said they had a meeting about this and it was for new bookings only. I called the "regular" reservation number and was turned down three times. As a last resort, I called the number that was on the letter that came with my "package". It took about 30 seconds to have it applied and a new confirmation sent to me with it added to the OBC that we already had. Maybe give that a try.

after many weeks i still have not received this package- although I understand from my TA that when she spoke to NCL they could see it on my account (but wouldn't apply it as it wasn't a new booking). Any chance you have that number handy so I could try calling it?

It's amazing how many people fail to call the phone number listed on the letter and call their PCC or TA instead and then complain about not being able to get the credit applied.

Just phone the number on the letter people!

I received my Norweigian Vacation Guide along with a letter that says to call my TA with the code. I don't see any code. Can someone tell me where it is located. There is a number located in the upper right hand corner, but not sure if that is it because it is kind of obscure. Thanks in advance

It's amazing how many people fail to call the phone number listed on the letter and call their PCC or TA instead and then complain about not being able to get the credit applied.

Just phone the number on the letter people!

Unfortunately, even that 800 number is not perfect. I actually tried that number first and got a big fat NO. After calling a bunch of other numbers at NCL, I finally got a yes through my TA at Travelocity. I don't know who he called at Norwegian, but it worked.

Maybe the number on the letter works if you booked directly through NCL? *shrug*

I called the number on the letter first and was "transferred" to NCL to start the runaround. The last Pcc said he didn't see any credit on my account and when I said I had the letter in front of me he just repeated the no . My cruise is not until Oct 2013. Will try again today.

I called the number on the letter first and was "transferred" to NCL to start the runaround. The last Pcc said she didn't see any credit on my account and when I said I had the letter in front of me she just repeated the No,No, you have to rebook to be eligible. I called and got another NCL Green PCC, cause he said everyone is lying on CC.

You would think with NCL monitoring this board, they would clean up the mess, and promote better PR. and honor their so called promo. :(

I received my Norweigian Vacation Guide along with a letter that says to call my TA with the code. I don't see any code. Can someone tell me where it is located. There is a number located in the upper right hand corner, but not sure if that is it because it is kind of obscure. Thanks in advance

The code is in the upper right hand corner...very small.

We booked our cruise on July 8 through out PCC at NCL. After hearing about the HSN offer, we requested our brochure a few days after. We saw that some folks were getting the credit applied even before the brochure was delivered, so we tried twice with no success. The second time we were told we'd have to cancel and rebook, risk fare increase etc.

Our brochure was delivered Monday and I called the 866-234-0699 # which was on the accompanying letter and had the credit applied with no questions asked, no cancel and rebook, did not even ask for the # on right hand corner.

Incidentally, someone here mentioned you could not "stack" credits, but we already had a credit applied with our booking which the person I spoke to saw, but it was not a problem.

It seems that most of the confusion is coming out of the PCC and booking departments, so my advise if you don't have the credit yet is to #1, not call until you get the brochure and letter, and #2, don't talk to any other dept but the one at the ph # on the letter. If you have a TA, make sure this is who they call as well. Good Luck

Archived