NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

My PCC said I could not get it attached to my current reservation, I treid again and I would have to cancel and rebook. SO last night I tried calling and using a different name that is on the current reservation and asked if it could be added to our current reservation and she told me it was only for new reservations and we could not get it. It irritates me that this is so inconsistent and congratulations to all of you that it was so easy!

I just called and was told no as well. My only option was to cancel and rebook (at a much higher rate). Very disappointing, but we'll have a great cruise anyway!

I was able to get the $100 OBC from calling the 866 # had a little hiccup at first, got the $100 OBC but somehow they changed my lower rates, yikes! But my PCC got it all taken care of for me. We are very happy, thank you NCL for this promotion!

First time NCL cruiser, no Latitides history, hit HSN link about 10 days ago, one day later received email from NCL that 2 Latitudes accts were merged into one new one, no credit was showing when signed on to NCL, sent email to our PCC, he called and said credit applied, no worries...done. Signed on to our NCL and there's our $100.

We have received no brochure, used no magic code, no cancel-rebook, and our cruise is for this November and was booked December 2011.

Really goes against the "nothing is for free" mindset that I live by!

Thanks NCL.

I just called and was told no as well. My only option was to cancel and rebook (at a much higher rate). Very disappointing, but we'll have a great cruise anyway!

Same here, I signed up as soon as the brochure link was made available here. I decided to wait until the booklet comes. Then I started seeing people get the $100 credit without having the code or booklet.

I called twice today, both times I was told that I would have to cancel and rebook.

My cruise booking agent just told me that he spoke to NCL who told him this obc promo only applies to booking made between July 1-August 31 and since we booked ours before July 1, they won't apply it.

Called NCL to upgrade on our CAS reservation. Asked about $100 OBC said yes as soon as they receive notification in a few days from HSN credit will be applied. Booked our cruise on 7/14/12 for November sailing. Hope this helps other cruisers, thanks, Cruisecritic.

Timeline update..for those who applied..

I was one of first to apply via HSN link...I got OBC applied last week via NCL phone number--telling them I did not get brochure yet.....got brochure today...

Timeline update..for those who applied..

I was one of first to apply via HSN link...I got OBC applied last week via NCL phone number--telling them I did not get brochure yet.....got brochure today...

Good to know, as I was in the early group, too, and haven't seen my brochure yet. Hopefully will come this week. I already have the HSN OBC on my cruise, but do really want the brochure to help decide on a 2014 cruise.

It stinks that this is so inconsistent - but I just had mine applied to an existing cruise in December, easy peasy.

Maybe try and try again if you get a "no" right away? In the end, I bet persistence will be the key. Squeaky wheel... right?

On the flip side I called to tell them I hadn't received my brochure that I had sent for 2 weeks ago & their answer was "It should be there sometime this week but we can't do anything until you have it."

I received the email from NCL about combining the 2 latitudes accounts at least a week ago.

I've called twice to get the credit, but I keep getting the runaround. Apparently, they are making up rules as they go. First they said I couldn't have the credit because the booking has to be after July 1, I read her the first line of HSN terms & conditions showing that it says book by 8/31/12. Well then NCL says that's HSN's promotion and I counter with yes it is and if you're not involved NCL has potential for a great lawsuit if they're not aware of the ad and promotion. Well then of course they're aware and I'm put on hold for over 20 minutes - so I hung up. Another time I called the lady acted as if she had never heard of it and didn't understand what I was saying. I am persistent and will keep trying!

Got mine applied yesterday, no brochure yet but email about merging latitudes accounts so called 866 number. She started by saying new bookings only and I said "oh so i will lose the 50 OBC i have now" then she said "oh just a second maybe it will let me do it" so of course I wait ... holding my breath :) and it worked!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, I got nothing my first cruise and this time 150 OBC. I just booked a week ago and not cruising until 2013. I was so thankful and I keep logging into the NCL site to check if it's still there cause I keep thinking it will disappear LOL.

Called NCL to upgrade on our CAS reservation. Asked about $100 OBC said yes as soon as they receive notification in a few days from HSN credit will be applied. Booked our cruise on 7/14/12 for November sailing. Hope this helps other cruisers, thanks, Cruisecritic.

Well, that IS a good sign that we were told the same thing from CAS. Feeling better about getting this now!

Thanks for posting! :)

I just received my book in the mail. I booked our cruise on 7/7 through Costco Travel. The agent I spoke to called NCL while I was on hold to figure out how to apply it and it showed up on our reservation in a matter of minutes!

Thanks to you all for posting about this! It's our first NCL cruise and we are very excited!

I just received my book in the mail. I booked our cruise on 7/7 through Costco Travel. The agent I spoke to called NCL while I was on hold to figure out how to apply it and it showed up on our reservation in a matter of minutes!

Thanks to you all for posting about this! It's our first NCL cruise and we are very excited!

Does your letter that was enclosed with the book have a "Client ID" on it? My letter dated July 5, 2012 only has "BNCL-HSN and then a 10 digit number" up in the right hand corner (very small print) and nothing else......NCL is looking for a 9 digit number. I scanned in the letter to my TA but still no results.....

I've called twice to get the credit, but I keep getting the runaround. Apparently, they are making up rules as they go. First they said I couldn't have the credit because the booking has to be after July 1, I read her the first line of HSN terms & conditions showing that it says book by 8/31/12. Well then NCL says that's HSN's promotion and I counter with yes it is and if you're not involved NCL has potential for a great lawsuit if they're not aware of the ad and promotion. Well then of course they're aware and I'm put on hold for over 20 minutes - so I hung up. Another time I called the lady acted as if she had never heard of it and didn't understand what I was saying. I am persistent and will keep trying!

Just got off the phone with my pcc. When I called the 866# 2 days ago, I was told no problem, would get new latitudes # and would merge them later. I told PCC I was checking status of credit and he immediately said this was for new bookings only. I told him I heard of many people getting the credit who are not new bookings. He wanted to know where I heard this. I told him it is all over Cruise Critic and bad press due to all the confusion and inconsistencies. He said he will speak to a supervisor get back to me within 24 hours. They should just honor the credit for anyone who has already been told they can get it and then inform all staff how future calls should be handled.:confused:

Well, guess what?? I called my travel agent and they were unfamiliar with the promotion but they were willing to look into for me and wouldn't you know that within 10 minutes I had the OBC!!! I don't know what they said when they called NCL, but whatever it was it worked. It really does pay to be persistent!

We called for the brochure and it took quite a while to arrive. We had already booked and paid in full but when we called they gave us the credit! And yes the number we gave them from the letter was the smallest font I have ever seen in the upper right hand corner almost missed it!

We called for the brochure and it took quite a while to arrive. We had already booked and paid in full but when we called they gave us the credit! And yes the number we gave them from the letter was the smallest font I have ever seen in the upper right hand corner almost missed it!

How long did it take you to get the brochure? I've asked NCL twice (once in April and once in June) and have yet to get one. I'm hoping to get the one from HSN before we leave on the 11th to go to Seattle.

How long did it take you to get the brochure? I've asked NCL twice (once in April and once in June) and have yet to get one. I'm hoping to get the one from HSN before we leave on the 11th to go to Seattle.

I filled in NCL's form back in March. Nada. Emailed social media just before the HSN promo. Nada. Filled in the HSN form about 2-3 weeks ago when it hit the boards. Just got the brochure...:)

I requested the brochure right after seeing this thread posted. I still haven't received a brochure, but I did get the email about a week ago saying that my numbers had been combined.

Background info: We are booked through a TA and had already booked the cruise the day before I saw this thread. Hubby is a Latitudes member, I am not.

I called the NCL 866 number last night and spoke with a really nice man. I asked him to look up our onboard credits and he said that it only showed a $50, which our TA had given us. I started getting nervous that this wasn't going to work. I then explained the HSN offer. He asked "Did you follow the procedure?" I explained that I hadn't yet received the brochure. He then said "I do see a $100 OBC for HSN. Would you like to apply that to your current booking?" YUP! Sure would! Worked for me! It was showing at our NCL.com account right away. Thanks again to the OP and to everyone who has given advice and reported their experiences!

Archived