NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

I searched the HSN website but could not find where to request a brochure for NCL. Could you be more specific about where you found that?

I just went onto HSN, created a login for them, figured they wanted to have my info also, then in the search bar in the top right area of the homepage, i typed NCL and it brought me to the brochure offer. I also entered a Haven Suite giveaway offer. One can dream of winning such things:)

I'm a little ticked - it says it is valid for Canadians, however when I called the said they couldn't do it and there was nothing they could do about it. I then called the NCL regular number and they said they couldn't do anything about it...and both times I spent a considerable amount of time on hold....grrr. But being the optimist, I'm going to try again!

This is certainly a game of who answers the phone. Just off phone with NCL, told that HSN OBC CANNOT be used for any cruise booked prior to July AND that I had to call back when I receive the brochure with the "promo #) the cruise we have booked for October IS NOT eligible according to the rep I talked with. Others on our roll call board that booked a year ago did receive it after signing up and before receiving the "brochure". Booked a cruise few weeks ago for next year that it is suppose to apply to, BUT have to call back when I receive brochure with the code #.

None to happy about the run around, but it is what it is!

Good luck to anyone else, hope you get better results.

I requested the brochure on July 19, maybe it will come through.

I'm a little ticked - it says it is valid for Canadians, however when I called the said they couldn't do it and there was nothing they could do about it. I then called the NCL regular number and they said they couldn't do anything about it...and both times I spent a considerable amount of time on hold....grrr. But being the optimist, I'm going to try again!

Crazy, I called and told them it says the offer is good for Canada too and the rep said very brightly 'yes it is' to which responded that I couldn't enter a Canadian address. She then eagerly took my information and said that it would be sent out no problem. She said it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. Did you tell the rep that it states offer good in Canada?

All that said the code doesn't seem to be on my account yet (was speaking to PCC Tuesday) but being patient as it was only last week I called. Wel'll what happens when (if) the brochure actually arrives in the mail. Don't know how they can say they can't help when it clearly states it is offered to Canadians, seems like false advertising.

It is really sad how varied everyone's experience is from the same company promotion. Nothing like taking something that people get excited about and turning it into a challenge for some while others have such success.

Still thinking positive :)

I got the same email msg. from NCL after ordering the brochure, could not figure out why, my acount was still all in order just with a new latitudes # now. Logged into my NCL account but cannot find the $100.00 OBC, where does it show up on yours? Will call TA, maybe they can figure it out with NCL. Have not received brochure yet.

You have a cruise already booked correct? If you go into your cruise reservation (click on: VIEW REGISTRATION)

When the next page comes up, click on: VACATION SUMMARY (it's at the top of the page: My vacation Home/Explore and Plan/Vacation Summary/Help)

On the center of the page in the big blue box/area, on the right, you should see: RESERVATION AT A GLANCE

Under that heading you should see:

Reservation #

Embarkation

Disembarkation

and then under that it should say On Board Spending...and there should be a dollar amount listed there. This amount is any OBC you have from NCL (this will not include any other OBC from a TA)

Let me know if that helps :)

I don't recall reading this, so apologizing if it was covered. Have any first timers to NCL used this promotion? I'm going to make our reservation for our cruise next year tomorrow. I applied on HSNs website on Monday, received a phone call from a PCC on Tuesday, and an email from NCL yesterday. So do you thing the $100 will show up? Should I call the PCC or NCL directly? I'm looking to get the OBC from HSN and the upgrade event.

Thanks

Okay I have an update to my own question. I called my PCC and they do show the $100 and I now have a latitudes number. Thinking about booking with a TA though. They said they would give another $100 on top of what NCL would.

Okay I have an update to my own question. I called my PCC and they do show the $100 and I now have a latitudes number. Thinking about booking with a TA though. They said they would give another $100 on top of what NCL would.

It is combineable!!! I always book through a TA for extra OBC!! Good luck!!

I searched the HSN website but could not find where to request a brochure for NCL. Could you be more specific about where you found that?

I went to HSN web site and could find it either so I just put NORWEGIAN in their search engine and the page popped up!!

Crazy, I called and told them it says the offer is good for Canada too and the rep said very brightly 'yes it is' to which responded that I couldn't enter a Canadian address. She then eagerly took my information and said that it would be sent out no problem. She said it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. Did you tell the rep that it states offer good in Canada?

Still thinking positive :)

I even read the piece about it being valid for Canadians. However, persistence pays off. I called back and there was no problem at all :D Provided I receive it in the mail!:p

I posted this on my roll call, and decided it would be more helpful in this thread:

I'm having issues getting the OBC even though I booked directly online with NCL.. I have called 866-234-7350 and received the same response..the phone calls from people on Cruise Critic has been overwhelming and they are unable to put the OBC on an existing reservation and won't even be able to rebook me until I get the brochure. One agent even suggested I get some reservation numbers off my friends on cruise critic so she could look to see how their OBC was applied. When I asked for a manager I was told that she spoke with her manager yesterday and they cannot apply the OBC to an existing reservation.

I did receive an e-mail that my account was merged with another one, which I am hearing happens once they brochure is issued and reflects on my latitude account.

So I decided to call again. Well....what an interesting phone call that was.

This time I called 866-234-7459 where I unfortunately spoke with an extremely unprofessional customer service rep. She was snotty nearly the entire time I was on the phone with her. When I insisted that I should get the OBC since many others on cruise critic had received it on existing bookings and requested she check with her supervisor she LAUGHED at me before putting me on hold. While being on hold for almost 10 minutes, I was fuming that she would laugh at me. Well, she came back on the phone saying her supervisor was looking into it and then proceeded to brag about how she is soooo good at her job and she has been with the company for over 6 years. Well, I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I called her out on laughing and her whole demeanor changed, she turned to ice and was pretty abrupt with me. She put me on hold again and came back to tell me her supervisor would be contacting me.

I decided to log into my NCL account to see if the $100 had managed to make it to my account and realized she CHANGED my room number and put me right across from the Splash Academy (we're booked on the Breakaway). Well, regardless of the $100 or not...I wanted my old room back. So once again I called, but this time I called 800-237-7030 and got the sweetest person on the phone. I expressed my frustration over the previous customer service rep, informed her of why I had called in the first place, and then requested my room to be returned to what it originally was. Thankfully this woman was able to secure my old room back. She informed me that they are being bombarded with calls on this $100 and they were reprimanded for applying it to previously booked sailings. At that point, all I cared about was how sincere she was and how she was able to get me my old room back. So bottom line, they got heat about applying the OBC to existing sailings.

Just some side information. DH and I don't cruise often. DH travels frequently for work and we are both Platinum Elite with Marriott, so many of our trips we choose to take are land vacations since we have so many points. In all our trips, we never once received such terrible customer service and if I thought anyone at NCL cared about how poorly that customer service rep treated me, I would let them know. If it weren't for the second woman I spoke with, I would have cancelled this cruise because of how I was treated. I know service on board is always top notch, but I did not ever expect to be laughed at by a customer service rep.

Good luck to anyone else who tries to get this OBC, and if your rep is unable to give it to you...double check your reservation to make sure your room wasn't changed.

I posted this on my roll call, and decided it would be more helpful in this thread:

I'm having issues getting the OBC even though I booked directly online with NCL.. I have called 866-234-7350 and received the same response..the phone calls from people on Cruise Critic has been overwhelming and they are unable to put the OBC on an existing reservation and won't even be able to rebook me until I get the brochure. One agent even suggested I get some reservation numbers off my friends on cruise critic so she could look to see how their OBC was applied. When I asked for a manager I was told that she spoke with her manager yesterday and they cannot apply the OBC to an existing reservation.

I did receive an e-mail that my account was merged with another one, which I am hearing happens once they brochure is issued and reflects on my latitude account.

So I decided to call again. Well....what an interesting phone call that was.

This time I called 866-234-7459 where I unfortunately spoke with an extremely unprofessional customer service rep. She was snotty nearly the entire time I was on the phone with her. When I insisted that I should get the OBC since many others on cruise critic had received it on existing bookings and requested she check with her supervisor she LAUGHED at me before putting me on hold. While being on hold for almost 10 minutes, I was fuming that she would laugh at me. Well, she came back on the phone saying her supervisor was looking into it and then proceeded to brag about how she is soooo good at her job and she has been with the company for over 6 years. Well, I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I called her out on laughing and her whole demeanor changed, she turned to ice and was pretty abrupt with me. She put me on hold again and came back to tell me her supervisor would be contacting me.

I decided to log into my NCL account to see if the $100 had managed to make it to my account and realized she CHANGED my room number and put me right across from the Splash Academy (we're booked on the Breakaway). Well, regardless of the $100 or not...I wanted my old room back. So once again I called, but this time I called 800-237-7030 and got the sweetest person on the phone. I expressed my frustration over the previous customer service rep, informed her of why I had called in the first place, and then requested my room to be returned to what it originally was. Thankfully this woman was able to secure my old room back. She informed me that they are being bombarded with calls on this $100 and they were reprimanded for applying it to previously booked sailings. At that point, all I cared about was how sincere she was and how she was able to get me my old room back. So bottom line, they got heat about applying the OBC to existing sailings.

Just some side information. DH and I don't cruise often. DH travels frequently for work and we are both Platinum Elite with Marriott, so many of our trips we choose to take are land vacations since we have so many points. In all our trips, we never once received such terrible customer service and if I thought anyone at NCL cared about how poorly that customer service rep treated me, I would let them know. If it weren't for the second woman I spoke with, I would have cancelled this cruise because of how I was treated. I know service on board is always top notch, but I did not ever expect to be laughed at by a customer service rep.

Good luck to anyone else who tries to get this OBC, and if your rep is unable to give it to you...double check your reservation to make sure your room wasn't changed.

NCL records the calls so if you want to report her, they will listen to the tape and take care of the problem.......if you know her name. I'm not sure how long the tapes are retained before being taped over so call soon if you want them to be able to hear the whole conversation.

Contrary to popular belief and the previous posts, the OBC has to be on new reservations, trust me, I tried (and it states that in the terms and conditions when ordering the brochure). I had to specifically asked a supervisor at NCL because this was becoming a big issue and what is happening is the price hasn’t changed since the people that are posting on here originally reserved their cruise so they really are canceling and rebooking but nothing has changed so it’s no big deal. They told me that their system is set up so that the initial date of the reservation has to be after the credit was added to the latitudes number otherwise it can’t be applied. So keep that in mind when you get it!!!!

Contrary to popular belief and the previous posts, the OBC has to be on new reservations, trust me, I tried (and it states that in the terms and conditions when ordering the brochure). I had to specifically asked a supervisor at NCL because this was becoming a big issue and what is happening is the price hasn’t changed since the people that are posting on here originally reserved their cruise so they really are canceling and rebooking but nothing has changed so it’s no big deal. They told me that their system is set up so that the initial date of the reservation has to be after the credit was added to the latitudes number otherwise it can’t be applied. So keep that in mind when you get it!!!!

If you have read this whole thread you know it depends on who you talk to. Contrary to what you have posted, many have had it applied on current reservations so although it may be against the T&C's it is being done. My booking date is 15 June 2012 and the invoice date is 19 Jul 2012.....if you want to call it a cancel and rebook - go for it - but my booking date has not changed.

Trust me this is not the case, they are definitely getting the credit WITH OUT rebooking.

So what you guys are saying is that if I go to the store and buy a prime rib and it goes on sale the next week, i can go to the store and demand the difference back because i already bought it? And the rules really don't apply even though it's in the terms? What kind of world do we live in? Are you guys the ones that complain about the noise in a night club?

I called the "7459" number yesterday and was basically told the same thing as NW Pacific BUT...the rep I spoke with has left me confused. I told her I was a CC Member and have heard about this OBC. I had gone to the HSN site right after I saw the Original Post here about a week or so ago. Still have not received brochure. Soooo...I told her that I have heard that the OBC gets attached to your lat number. She checks that and YUP...the OBC is showing on our "account". Then she tells me to wait til we get the brochure and call with some number that will be on it and they will apply it to my "new" reservation. UM....I am so confused. We just booked this cruise about two weeks ago. What will happen if we cancel/rebook? Is there a catch here? What is everyone else doing?

It would be nice if "they" were to just honor this as it seems some original posters here called and received the OBC. Funny thing too I have never bought anything from HSN but I am actually excited about seeing the brochure!

So what you guys are saying is that if I go to the store and buy a prime rib and it goes on sale the next week, i can go to the store and demand the difference back because i already bought it? And the rules really don't apply even though it's in the terms? What kind of world do we live in? Are you guys the ones that complain about the noise in a night club?

At a lot of stores you can do just that. It's called sale price adjustments. Just did that three months ago when the TV we purchased a week prior dropped $100 in price. And by the way, they just gave me the difference back. I didn't have to return the TV to then turn around and buy a new one. ;)

Now to address your last point, presumably accusing some of us of taking advantage of something against the promo's T&Cs. This argument only works if the business writing the terms and conditions actually chooses to enforce them. In this case, the NCL rep asked me if I wanted to apply this coupon to my existing reservation. I never asked for it to be done, but was certainly not going to turn it down! :D

Atilla,

I see you are booked for two NCL Cruises. Which one did you apply it to? I wondered if you were able to apply it to the Sept cruise? We have a Sept cruise booked and I would like to try it.

Thanks, Luanne

I even read the piece about it being valid for Canadians. However, persistence pays off. I called back and there was no problem at all :D Provided I receive it in the mail!:p

I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot as I can't even find the hsn phone number on their site to call and ask about ordering the brochure as a Canadian. If anyone happens to have the phone number, I would be most appreciative. I am going around in circles on the hsn site trying to find a contact number!

looks like only for new bookings made by 8/31/2012.......bummer,,,,,we are already booked in November..........

$100 Onboard Credit per stateroom on 5+ Day Sailings booked by 8/31/2012. Applicable Destination: 2012-2013 Sailings. Only customers that complete a brochure request form via HSN.com or by calling 1-866-234-7459 will be eligible for this offer. Redemption details will be included in the brochure packet. To take advantage of this offer and ensure receipt of onboard credit, the guest must provide the Client Identification number at the time of booking. Offer is valid for new individual and new group bookings and cannot be held as group block.

I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot as I can't even find the hsn phone number on their site to call and ask about ordering the brochure as a Canadian. If anyone happens to have the phone number, I would be most appreciative. I am going around in circles on the hsn site trying to find a contact number!

The phone number is above.....I quoted it from post 4 on this thread.

Call 866-234-7459 then press 1. Someone will pick up and tell them that you signed up for the brochure and you never received it...they should transfer you to a PCC and he should be able to add on the OBC...at least that's what happened to me, I didnt cancel or rebook, I already had a reservation and he just added it to my Deember cruise :)

I got the OBC applied. I actually want the brochures....:)

For the record, got it applied to a reservation I booked back in April without having to rebook.

Archived