NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

I guess I will call my PCC tomorrow. I've had the Epic booked for Thanksgiving and have a great price and a $100 OBC from a special one day sale. So I will try. Should I call HSN first and get a code, or just assume that since I filled in the info on the webpage and it said "Thank you for signing up" that I am now in a system somewhere. I guess I want as much info to give to my PCC as possible. Thanks all for the assistance

Just call your PCC as they should have the information linked since you have already signed up online.

Dave

I applied for my brochure last week and never received it. I phoned 866-234-7459 and told them I never got the brochure and they looked it up and applied the OBC to my cruise on 10-21-12 that was already booked but final payment is not due until next week. :) :) :)

Join our roll call here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1554697 It's not very active, yet, but might pick up.

And I would also like to thank the poster(s) who clued us in for this HSN benefit....THANK YOU!!!!

Fran

I just got my $100 OBC applied to my already booked October cruise. At first te rep said it was for new booking only, so I inquired about canceling and rebooking. Since I was within the "no penalty" timeframe for canceling, she Sid she could do it!

And I saw it posted before, but your "client ID number" is in the top right hand corner in very tiny print!

:)Hey Everyone,

I just called this number (1-866-234-7459) and explained that I ordered the brochure but never got it. I said I was sailing soon and the $100 OBC hadn't showed up yet. I had reserved with an online company about a week before I had signed up for brochure. A very nice lady named Liz added the $100 OBC to my existing OBC! Hooray and thank you to OP for letting us all know about this.

Jane

glad for you! I spoke to Liz a few days ago..she told took down my address..to resubmit..but said it does NOT apply to already booked cruises...:confused:

For those that had this OBC applied to an existing cruise, I'm curious to know if it was without cancelling and rebooking? IE, did you lose any other perks?

In my case, I'm before final payment so could easily cancel and rebook to obtain the OBC, but would lose the existing OBC I already had... (which is what happened when I took advantage of a price drop, but the price drop & OBC were better than the perks I was losing so went ahead with the rebook).

I guess I will call my PCC tomorrow. I've had the Epic booked for Thanksgiving and have a great price and a $100 OBC from a special one day sale. So I will try. Should I call HSN first and get a code, or just assume that since I filled in the info on the webpage and it said "Thank you for signing up" that I am now in a system somewhere. I guess I want as much info to give to my PCC as possible. Thanks all for the assistance

Hey Debbie! How are you? Did you get the pic CD I sent?

Now back to the thread topic at hand. . . This is long, but just might help someone else. Tonight, I got the HSN OBC applied to my Feb. 2013 Sun cruise that I booked this past May. Thank you to the OP and all the advice on this thread!

I don't have a PCC, but booked directly with NCL. I called the 1-866 number, used the #3 already booked prompt, then #3 again for those booked directly with NCL. When the rep came on the line, I told him I had applied on the HSN website for the brochure to get the $100 OBC, and that I had not yet received my brochure. I asked him to check to see if the code might possibly be attached to my Latitude number, like Disney does with their pin codes. He put me on hold. After 20 minutes, he wasn't coming back. So dial and repeat. The only thing I said differently, the second time around, was that I had already been on hold awhile with one NCL rep. The second rep said that she did see my Latitude account had what she called a 'HSN Coupon', but she didn't know if it was for $100 dollars or not. She laughed and asked if she could put me on hold to check with her supervisor saying she promised to come back. ;) When she came back on the line, she asked, "Do you want this OBC applied to your existing reservation?" I said yes, if I could have it without changing my booking date (9 months out and latitudes insider offer) or loosing my AARP discount. She assured me that nothing would change except adding the OBC. She e-mailed my new confirmation with the OBC while we were still on the phone and was as good as her word. Nothing changed except my new $100 OBC! :D

For those that had this OBC applied to an existing cruise, I'm curious to know if it was without cancelling and rebooking? IE, did you lose any other perks?

In my case, I'm before final payment so could easily cancel and rebook to obtain the OBC, but would lose the existing OBC I already had... (which is what happened when I took advantage of a price drop, but the price drop & OBC were better than the perks I was losing so went ahead with the rebook).

I did not actually cancel and rebook, I just mentioned canceling and rebooking to the rep. She said I couldn't use it on an existing reservation, but when I mentioned canceling, she figured out a way to do it. I would try it...worst case is you keep everything the way you have it already.

I am glad I called that 1-866 number just now to verify I had signed up. Apparently even though the button said "Submitted" a couple days ago, it had not gone through. So much easier over the phone, with a live person.

Since I received two emails saying they were merging my accounts I think the button did work and also the phone call, lol!

Anyway, called my PCC this evening, did not want to risk waiting for the brochure and missing out on my AMEX credit just in case we had to rebook to get this OBC. It's all good, now have both OBC's! Woot!

I called and told my PCC I thought I had some more OBC I could use on my sailing. My PCC said he had not dealt with this before but that he saw the credit on my account. He asked if I minded him talking to his supervisor and calling me back. It was less than 10 minutes later when he called to say it was all fixed and he was emailing me the updated information showing the additional OBC. Eezy peezy...

I didnt have to cancel and rebook. It was applied to my existing reservation and I didnt lose out on the other obc's I have.

Dave

No, I did not cancel and rebook. And I ddn't lose any of my original perks! It was e-mailed to me before I even got off the phone. Leaving in 3 days and can't wait!!!!!

Jane

Just heard back from my TA -- she got it added to the $25 OBC I'd gotten for booking my inside cabin during an NCL promotion. Big thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences! I wouldn't have tried to get it added to an existing reservation if I hadn't read all of your success stories.

Just heard from my TA. The $100 OBC has been added to my cruise that was booked 12/31/2010. No cancelling and rebooking was necessary. Wow we now have $300 obc. $150 from TA and $150 from NCL. (We got $50 when we booked a balcony.) I have never had any OBC with my previous cruise so this is great for us. It looks like Cagneys and Modernos are in our future. Yeah!!!

Chuckle of the day -

I just told my husband I found a $100 NCL OBC deal and asked if we were ready to book.

His reply - "Is OBC their largest ship?"

:D:D:D

Obviously he doesn't spend his life on CC!

I LOVE IT!!! :D

Thanks for making me smile :)

I ordered my brochure a week, week and a half ago and still hasn't gotten anything. I booked my cruise in June through NCL and when I spoke with my PCC he told me he couldn't apply anything until he had a code. My question to you guys is...is the code on your brochures the same code as everyone else's? is it a general code that I could give him? or does everyone has a specific code?

Thanks!

I ordered my brochure a week, week and a half ago and still hasn't gotten anything. I booked my cruise in June through NCL and when I spoke with my PCC he told me he couldn't apply anything until he had a code. My question to you guys is...is the code on your brochures the same code as everyone else's? is it a general code that I could give him? or does everyone has a specific code?

Thanks!

It's unique, sorry.

Thanks!

Don't phone your TA or your PCC. Just phone 866-234-7459, press 1, and tell them you never received your brochure yet. They will check your name and see the credit already applied for and then apply it to an existing cruise if you are not past the final payment date yet, possibly even after.

Hey Debbie! How are you? Did you get the pic CD I sent?

Now back to the thread topic at hand. . . This is long, but just might help someone else. Tonight, I got the HSN OBC applied to my Feb. 2013 Sun cruise that I booked this past May. Thank you to the OP and all the advice on this thread!

I don't have a PCC, but booked directly with NCL. I called the 1-866 number, used the #3 already booked prompt, then #3 again for those booked directly with NCL. When the rep came on the line, I told him I had applied on the HSN website for the brochure to get the $100 OBC, and that I had not yet received my brochure. I asked him to check to see if the code might possibly be attached to my Latitude number, like Disney does with their pin codes. He put me on hold. After 20 minutes, he wasn't coming back. So dial and repeat. The only thing I said differently, the second time around, was that I had already been on hold awhile with one NCL rep. The second rep said that she did see my Latitude account had what she called a 'HSN Coupon', but she didn't know if it was for $100 dollars or not. She laughed and asked if she could put me on hold to check with her supervisor saying she promised to come back. ;) When she came back on the line, she asked, "Do you want this OBC applied to your existing reservation?" I said yes, if I could have it without changing my booking date (9 months out and latitudes insider offer) or loosing my AARP discount. She assured me that nothing would change except adding the OBC. She e-mailed my new confirmation with the OBC while we were still on the phone and was as good as her word. Nothing changed except my new $100 OBC! :D

Hi Jayne,

You are on my list of things to do. Yes got the CD and your email. It's been crazy since fireworks season and then Brandon and I went to NY for 3 days and 7 nights on the Star. It was a much needed break.

I'm thinking I will try the 866 number everyone has posted here rather than call my PCC and see what happens. I'd love a little more OBC! Since I just did the HSN thing last night, maybe I will wait until tomorrow

I booked through a TA, but plan to try the 866 number for an existing cruise. For those of you who got the OBC already, does it show up on your NCL account online?

It showed up on my account online as soon as I got an email back from my TA saying she'd gotten it applied to my cruise.

I received my credit!!

I called 866-234-7459 then press 1. Someone will pick up and tell them that you signed up for the brochure and you never received it, (yes you have to actually sign up for the brochure. Go to hsn.com and on the search bar inside hsn.com type in "ncl". The page will come up and you can fill out your info.) I told the lady on the phone that I signed up for the brochure about a week and half ago and still haven't received it. She was able to see that yes I did sign up. She then transferred me to a PCC who was able to add the $100 OBC to my cruise in December! and I already had $50 OBC for when I first booked my cruise during the Dash sale, so now I have $150 total OBC. They DO need a specific number that comes in your brochure. They can check that in their system. Hope that helps if you are still confused! :)

Archived