NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

I'm wondering if you only get that 100 OBC right away if your a multiple NCL cruiser? I booked my first NCL cruise the other day, signed up for a Latitude # and ordered the brochure the same day. Received an email saying that they were merging Latitude numbers. Got excited and logged onto NCL but no credit. I called twice and both times they told me I have to wait for the magic number :(. I only have a $25 OBC. I think I booked at the wrong time. But I did get an awesome large family inside cabin. I guess I cant get everything.

I was a lot disappointed when I got the email from NCL about the duplicate Latitude accounts. I had mine since 1996 and it's on the key card and luggage tags I have from them and it's a much lower #. I don't know why they would choose the new one to use. I actually emailed them and ask to change it back but haven't heard anything. I know it's trivial...but it was my # :(. I did get the $100 applied to a booked cruise I have in December and, no I haven't seen the brochure yet. We are trying to get my DH's applied to a booked cruise in March and the TA said it wasn't eligable with the Suite OBC and Dash Sale Promo. Anyone else able to apply it to an already booked cruise with those two promos?

I know what you mean. I've been a latitude member since 1991 or 92 and I was also disappointed that they gave me the new number rather than keeping my old number. I have 2 cruises currently booked and the paperwork for the cruise that I didn't get the HSN credit applied still has my old number. I was thinking of making a request to keep my old one also. Let us know what happens. I'm personally afraid that if I make too many requests for things, they may decide to take away the HSN OBC. I never trust anything that is given for free

We got lucky! First NCL cruise, originally called to book directly with NCL a couple months back. Called about the HSN offer (submit button didn't work). I didn't receive an email about two latitude numbers. Called my PCC today and he hooked us up. We now have the $100 credit on top of the $25 we got when booking a dash sale. :D I am so stoked because this is the first time we have ever gotten an OBC before the cruise!

Good luck to everyone else!!

Thanks to the OP, replies on here and my roll call members too!

NCL records the calls so if you want to report her, they will listen to the tape and take care of the problem.......if you know her name. I'm not sure how long the tapes are retained before being taped over so call soon if you want them to be able to hear the whole conversation.

I plan to call back over the weekend to see if the supervisor was made aware of the situation and see if anything had been done or if the call was reviewed. Thank you!

:confused: Why are you questioning me when I am agreeing with you :confused: Yes because of what my ocupation is I can confirm this is happening, I am just fearing it is coming to a halt and soon everyone will be told NO but as of yesterday bookings that had been over a year ago were getting the credit with no changes to their booking.

Please ignore.....totally misread that and couldn't delete it. :(

HI ALL.... I have a great PCC...have had him for over 3 years now...I called him about the HSN deal, and he got it for me....said I would have to wait 24 hours for it to be on my profile...he called today, said it was there, and he was applying it to my account....HE'S GREAT..:D...I will be glad to share him with anyone interested...just contact me...

later....jus' me.....jim....the velvet teddy bear...:cool:

Had you called them to request?

I called last night for someone else in the household to get this and when Istarted giving her the address (which she assumed was US ... typical) and got to the 'state' and i said it was a province she huffed a bit and said she had to do it another way, assume she had to switch screens, but then she started over and took all my info and email address and said all was good. She seemed to be in a bad mood from the start after asking if I already had a cruise booked and then told me a long story of how I'd lose any current promotions, okay no big deal as 100 is better than the 50 I have now so either way I'd be ahead.

At this point I've received no such email response like that yet? And have gotten no such email from the one I ordered for myself? Did they go through all the motions as if you would be getting it?

So bizarre. This promotion seems good for some but proving very frustrating to others.

Couldn't get through by phone last eve but tried this eve and got a very helpful fellow who was processing my request until he realized I was from Canada and them read out some alternate instructions he had for entering the request on some type of spreadsheet which goes to someone else for processing. He couldn't get it to work so asked me to call tomorrow again during business hours. In the meantime I received a second email back from hsn customer service saying that the promotion does not apply for Canadians. I have replied back yet again referring them to their own web page for the promotion where it specifically says the promotion applies to US and Canada. Will keep persisting with both email and phone calls.

I'm wondering if you only get that 100 OBC right away if your a multiple NCL cruiser? I booked my first NCL cruise the other day, signed up for a Latitude # and ordered the brochure the same day. Received an email saying that they were merging Latitude numbers. Got excited and logged onto NCL but no credit. I called twice and both times they told me I have to wait for the magic number :(. I only have a $25 OBC. I think I booked at the wrong time. But I did get an awesome large family inside cabin. I guess I cant get everything.

I applied on Monday and I got a Latitudes number with the OBC attached on Tuesday. I'm new to NCL and booked today.

I was a lot disappointed when I got the email from NCL about the duplicate Latitude accounts. I had mine since 1996 and it's on the key card and luggage tags I have from them and it's a much lower #. I don't know why they would choose the new one to use. I actually emailed them and ask to change it back but haven't heard anything. I know it's trivial...but it was my # :(. I did get the $100 applied to a booked cruise I have in December and, no I haven't seen the brochure yet. We are trying to get my DH's applied to a booked cruise in March and the TA said it wasn't eligable with the Suite OBC and Dash Sale Promo. Anyone else able to apply it to an already booked cruise with those two promos?

Hi Sandy,

I understand completely - I feel the same way! Forgot about the luggage tags that also have the original number (much lower one like you say).

Pls let us know what NCL says about changing yours back as I'd like to do the same.

I was able to combine OBC but it was the Latitudes Inside Offer + HSN, not the Dash. Good luck.

Looks like some of the specialty restaurants might get very busy with everyone using all this new-found OBC.;):D:D

Hi Sandy' date='

I understand completely - I feel the same way! Forgot about the luggage tags that also have the original number (much lower one like you say).

Pls let us know what NCL says about changing yours back as I'd like to do the same.

I was able to combine OBC but it was the Latitudes Inside Offer + HSN, not the Dash. Good luck.

Looks like some of the specialty restaurants might get very busy with everyone using all this new-found OBC.;):D:D[/quote']

Were the luggage tags with the Lat number for turning Platinum? Our luggage tags (for silver) do not have our number on them.......

do you even get anything for turning Platinum anymore???? We just turned Platinum after our May 27, 2012 cruise and haven't seen or heard anything except the change to Platinum on MyNCL.

Were the luggage tags with the Lat number for turning Platinum? Our luggage tags (for silver) do not have our number on them.......

do you even get anything for turning Platinum anymore???? We just turned Platinum after our May 27, 2012 cruise and haven't seen or heard anything except the change to Platinum on MyNCL.

Hi Peg,

Not sure what level it was for but we got luggage tags. Thought they had the name & number already printed on them (I'm not home so can't check).

As I recall, I was mailed a silver color "wooden" clock with NCL's logo fish on the dial for becoming platinum. We brought it with us on the next cruise we took. Unfortunately, it never worked.:eek:

I rarely even get emails even though I've checked and am "signed up" for everything.

We do enjoy the platinum benefits onboard though. Next Jan.'s Jewel will be 12 nts so laundry will come in handy and we always enjoy the Le Bistro meals.

But, like LOWTYD, don't know why my Latitudes no. got changed!

Just spoke to a very nice lady at the NCL brochure contact number listed on the hsn website. She took my information and indicated they have to enter Canadian addresses manually which she did. Said it may take a little longer than the usual 10 days of mailing time to get to Canada, but that the brochure should arrive to me in the mail. Next step will be to watch for the brochure or any credit appearing as it seems some people see the credit appear on their account, others have to call in with the special code on the brochure etc. But at least I am getting closer now that someone has actually accepted my application for the brochure! Incidentally, I received yet another email response back from hsn customer 'service' saying that they could not help me as the promo does not apply to Canadians even though their website says it does. Moral of the story...don't rely on what hsn tells you!

I didn't have to provide a code to NCL, so a question to anyone who got the letter with the brochure and provided an actual code to NCL: Was it the BNCL-HSN, or the 10-digit # below it? I assumed the #s were were a Latitudes # (a new # that had since been merged with my previous one). Does "Client ID" = Latitudes? In other words, is that # a coupon # or a Latitudes #? (I know my original Latitudes was 9 digits but it's many years old.) Just curious.

I didn't have to provide a code to NCL, so a question to anyone who got the letter with the brochure and provided an actual code to NCL: Was it the BNCL-HSN, or the 10-digit # below it? I assumed the #s were were a Latitudes # (a new # that had since been merged with my previous one). Does "Client ID" = Latitudes? In other words, is that # a coupon # or a Latitudes #? (I know my original Latitudes was 9 digits but it's many years old.) Just curious.

My DH's was in a "new" Latitude account that they "found" and merged with his old one but the 10 digit number under the BNCL-HSN on his letter is not the same as his "new" or old Latitude number.

I gave my TA who gave NCL the BNCL-HSN and the 10 digit number and my TA said they are looking for a 9 digit number.......still can't find mine even with a scan of the letter to my TA. Not sure if he passed it on to NCL or not but neither of us can figure out what number they want.

I have a brand new latitudes number as this will be our first cruise with NCL. It is a 9 digit number.

less than 24 hours

Hi' date=' Thanks I just called to pay an additional payment on my November cruise, mosty due to the fact I do not want the final in 4 weeks from now to be so big And not so shocking when I need to pay it off :D [/size']

Anyway after making the payment I asked about the HSN special and Yes she saw it on my latitudes number and tried to apply it and it would not take, she said it was because it was for new bookings only. I stated that I had processed others that were previously booked over a year ago and she then said OK then me try another way. It then took so I now have it.:cool::) I then checked on a few others in my group and both of these were new to NCL and she stated that mine showed up because I had an active Latitudes number and had previously cruised NCL but because the other two I called on were new to NCL and their currently assigned Lattitude is not active till they actually sail they will need to wait till they receive the brochure and call in the new number that was assigned them on the brochure. It seems their system finds active previously sailed passengers but if they have not previously sailed but have a new booking it will still not match. That or neither of those showed up yet;) I did mine on line at 10 am pacific time on Thursday, U jknow for a fact that one that I called in on did not sign up on line till about 6pm on Thursday. Who knows that one could show on Monday too. :D

Just called the phone # for the $100 credit. Did not realize it went to NCL, thought I was calling HSN. She said I will be assigned a new latitudes # with the credit attached to it, but when it comes through in @ 10 days they will merge the 2 #s. I did not mention we have already booked, sailing 9-30 will just see what happens. From previous posts, it sounds like you get the credit anyway, but at the very least they should put a credit on file for a future cruise.

I applied for the obc on hsn.com on tues. in the middle of the night. The next day our pcc called to tell us that she had applied the obc to our acct. for our trip 10/21/12. received confirmation email on thursday.:D

called the 866 number and asked if I could have someone check to see if the hsn obc was showing attached to my latitudes number. I was transferred to groups where she asked for my cruise reservation number. , she could see the hsn credit, put me on hold and asked another agent how to attach it to my reservation. After a minute she came back on and said it's done!!

Just logged on my NCL pulled up the vacation summary for our Epic cruise and its there

Yippee, wish it was that easy to score $100 every day!

Chrissy

My PCC said I could not get it attached to my current reservation, I treid again and I would have to cancel and rebook. SO last night I tried calling and using a different name that is on the current reservation and asked if it could be added to our current reservation and she told me it was only for new reservations and we could not get it. It irritates me that this is so inconsistent and congratulations to all of you that it was so easy!

Archived