Fish fry shacks in nassau

knitwitt44

The Fish Fry is past Junkanoo Beach. I'd say it's about a mile and a half. We did walk back once - it's not a bad walk as long as it's not too hot. We did it in November. August might be a different story. :)

Take the #10 bus instead of a cab. They stop right in front of the Fish Fry and only cost $1.25 a person.

Enjoy!

scubagirl, do you know if the stand inside the terminal building gets their food from one of these restaurants?

The one just outside the ladies restroom has The Best Fried Grouper!!!

Since we're talking about going to Junkanoo, I thought maybe we'd walk on down to the Fish Fry. But I love the food at the port so much, I don't know that it would be worth the extra walking. I can just get my Grouper as a late lunch before we reboard the ship.

Do you know how late she's open? It seems that she said once she was there until 3. I'd hate to miss her!!

scubagirl, do you know if the stand inside the terminal building gets their food from one of these restaurants?

The one just outside the ladies restroom has The Best Fried Grouper!!!

Since we're talking about going to Junkanoo, I thought maybe we'd walk on down to the Fish Fry. But I love the food at the port so much, I don't know that it would be worth the extra walking. I can just get my Grouper as a late lunch before we reboard the ship.

Do you know how late she's open? It seems that she said once she was there until 3. I'd hate to miss her!!

I wouldn't think so. I was under the impression that those vendors do their own cooking.

Don't know there hours, but I think that it might be a gamble to wait until 3pm.. once they run out of something.. they are out..

You can't go wrong walking down to the fish fry.. unless you're on a short time line.

Greetings,

Just got back from Nassau/Fascination and I can recommend Oh Andros, especially the conch salad and grouper fingers. Delicious! Great service, friendly staff, totally enjoyable. Missing it already!

Maple Hts

My favorites are Oh Andros and Goldies.

Yes, most have a similar menu.. some do it better than others.

I'm not a fan of twin brotherss.. they've gotten too commercial over the years.

We went to Fish Fry for the first time a couple years ago and went to Goldie's based on your recommendations on here. It was very good! :)

Definitely planning a trip to the Fish Fry when we're in Nassau (and a stop at Junkanoo Beach). What's the best time to get there for lunch? Any time after 11? I think we'll likely go to the beach first for a few hours and then to the Fish Fry for lunch, and then maybe back to town for a walking tour, but we could easily mix the order up, we have a lot of time in port.

After visiting Nassau many times, I make it a point to always visit Fish Fry. I've been to several of the "shacks". It's hard to out rank Goldies and Twin Brothers. Oh Andros has the best daiquiris; got this recommendation from several locals from the shops on Bay St. The conch fritters at Twin brothers are excellent. And the Goombay Smash-drink at Goldies is a must have! Fish Fry is my first stop while in Nassau for a Labor Day cruise. I enjoy the walk there, but, after eating, drinking, and the heat after lunch, I catch a cab (plenty right outside the restaurants) or the #10 jitney for a the ride back to the shopping near the port.

I try and budget and only take the cash I may need off the ship. I have only ever had the conch fritters and potato salad right in the building you walk thru to get to the cabs and stuff and it was yummy. This time I would like to go to this fish fry shacks you are all talking about. Can you give me a estimate of what I may be spending a person? I love to try the locals food and just need a idea. I have been to Nassau a few times and have no desire to really do anything there since I feel I have seen most of it, so this will be new to me. Ty for the advice.

I try and budget and only take the cash I may need off the ship. I have only ever had the conch fritters and potato salad right in the building you walk thru to get to the cabs and stuff and it was yummy. This time I would like to go to this fish fry shacks you are all talking about. Can you give me a estimate of what I may be spending a person? I love to try the locals food and just need a idea. I have been to Nassau a few times and have no desire to really do anything there since I feel I have seen most of it, so this will be new to me. Ty for the advice.

Here's a typical menu with pricing.

http://www.goldiesconchhousenassau.com/menu.html

Don't forget the tip.. most places add 15%.. check before you pay.

This question may have been asked and answered before, but I didn't see it. What are the hours at fish fry? How late do they serve food?

During the weekdays.. 11:30am - around 10pm

Weekends, the kitchens stay open til around 11.. but the bars are open much later...

In the off season.. or early/mid week.. some will close early if there is no business.... but you'll still find a few open..

Archived