Itinerary Challenge 3 | 18 Jul 2012

Which is your favourite itinerary?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite itinerary?

• Ancient Wonders 2013
    • Fire & Ice 2013
    • Moorish Delights 2012

The winner of this one will go through to the final next week with Pearls of the Aegean 2012 and whichever wins Itinerary Challenge 2. Don't forget, if you haven't voted yet on Itinerary Challenge 2, votes close tomorrow. Currently only one vote in it!

Itinerary Challenge 2

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1670817

Here's number three. Choose you favourite of these itineraries:

Ancient Wonders 2013

Marmaris - Ship at Sea - Istanbul - Mytilene - Piraeus (for Athens) - Mykonos Town - Kusadasi - Marmaris

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/ancient-wonders-itinerary-76.html

Fire & Ice 2013

Newcastle - Ship at Sea - Torshavn - Ship at Sea - Akureyri - Isafjord - Reykjavik - Ship at Sea - Ship at Sea - Flam - Bergen - Ship at Sea - Newcastle

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/fire-and-ice-itinerary.html

Moorish Delights 2012

Palma - Ship at Sea - Tangier - Casablanca - Gibraltar - Almeria - Cartagena - Palma

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/moorish-delights-itinerary-89.html

Vote closes on Sunday 22 Jul 2012.

Now this is a bit difficult as we haven't done the Fire & Ice but very much want to. But...........we have done the Istanbul, Mykonos one which was great - so do I vote for what I've done and enjoyed or vote for what I think I WILL enjoy? :confused:

Perhaps I'll go with F&I on the grounds that it will make an interesting contrast if it ends up pitched against the other winners and I certainly think that a little bit of Norway should figure somewhere as the Fjords are magnificent although this itinerary doesn't pull in the best bits.

After the summer we are having, I don't want to go anywhere COLD :D So will pass on F&I :rolleyes: We so enjoyed the Adriatic, so have voted for Ancient Wonders as I never been to Istanbul or Athens :)

Definitely one for your list then Linda - Athens and Istanbul both fabulous destinations with lots to see/do and should be hot! ;)

easiest for me....north africa...too many stupid, hassling fakirs....fire and ice...sounds too cold and worried re; Scandanavia being expensive, and looks rather boring. So eastern med again with crystal clear waters and generally friendly locals, hope not too friendly in Mykonos:cool:

Now this is a bit difficult as we haven't done the Fire & Ice but very much want to. But...........we have done the Istanbul, Mykonos one which was great - so do I vote for what I've done and enjoyed or vote for what I think I WILL enjoy? :confused:

Perhaps I'll go with F&I on the grounds that it will make an interesting contrast if it ends up pitched against the other winners and I certainly think that a little bit of Norway should figure somewhere as the Fjords are magnificent although this itinerary doesn't pull in the best bits.

I'm quite interested in your comments about the fjords.

We have only done F&I northern itinerary. It went to Isafodur (not sure of spelling) which we were amazed by, and then to Flam which honestly knocked us for six it was so beautiful. We had numb bums, and numb everything else really because we sat out for so long watching as we sailed out in the evening.buttttt.....you are telling me there is better to come :) presumably on the North Cape itinerary?

I just have to hope the UK departures continue.

I'm quite interested in your comments about the fjords.

We have only done F&I northern itinerary. It went to Isafodur (not sure of spelling) which we were amazed by, and then to Flam which honestly knocked us for six it was so beautiful. We had numb bums, and numb everything else really because we sat out for so long watching as we sailed out in the evening.buttttt.....you are telling me there is better to come :) presumably on the North Cape itinerary?

I just have to hope the UK departures continue.

Yes Flam is spectacular scenery - Geiranger is similar with another astonishingly long sail through dramatic towering mountains and lots of impressive waterfalls but the itineraries which also take in the Lofoten Islands, the Atlantic Road, Alta and Tromso etc provide contrast but equally impressive landscapes/scenery. (Scarey Mary didn't like Tromso so well but I must say we had a wonderful day there going up the cable car, seeing the Arctic Cathedral then walking around the glorious Botanical Gardens - it was one of our favourite spots). Cruising this area for me is just so picturesque, tranquil, calming and awesome! In fact like you we were out on deck sailing out of Geiranger and I felt it was almost overwhelming it was all so beautiful - I felt quite emotional!

My reference to the Fire & Ice not pulling in the best bits was perhaps a little unfair on Flam which is I agree stunning - it would have been better to say there is such a lot more of it and with some considerable variety too that the F&I itinerary with only relatively few calls in Norway only scratches the surface really. And yes, the North Cape is the one to go for imo as the 6/7 night trips only pull in the lower Fjords so if you can I'd recommend the 13/14 night cruises which enable you to get up to the North Cape and see a wider range of what Norway has to offer. I think we'd have done it again this year had there been departures from Harwich - and we'd have definitely done F&I had that been offered from Harwich. I'd love to go there and the reviews on here have just underlined it on my wish list! From the way you write about your trip happy v I'm sure you'd just love the full Norway experience. Another one for your list too methinks! ;)

Voting is now closed!

Cheers for voting. And the results are:

Ancient Wonders 2013 = 42.11%

Fire & Ice 2013 = 42.11%

Moorish Delights = 15.79%

And we have a draw. Both Ancient Wonders 2013 and Fire & Ice 2013 win the round. That means that these two, along with Pearls of the Aegean 2012 and Treasures of the Mediterranean 2012 will be in the final four.

The final will be uploaded shortly. :)

Yes Flam is spectacular scenery - Geiranger is similar with another astonishingly long sail through dramatic towering mountains and lots of impressive waterfalls but the itineraries which also take in the Lofoten Islands, the Atlantic Road, Alta and Tromso etc provide contrast but equally impressive landscapes/scenery. (Scarey Mary didn't like Tromso so well but I must say we had a wonderful day there going up the cable car, seeing the Arctic Cathedral then walking around the glorious Botanical Gardens - it was one of our favourite spots). Cruising this area for me is just so picturesque, tranquil, calming and awesome! In fact like you we were out on deck sailing out of Geiranger and I felt it was almost overwhelming it was all so beautiful - I felt quite emotional!

My reference to the Fire & Ice not pulling in the best bits was perhaps a little unfair on Flam which is I agree stunning - it would have been better to say there is such a lot more of it and with some considerable variety too that the F&I itinerary with only relatively few calls in Norway only scratches the surface really. And yes, the North Cape is the one to go for imo as the 6/7 night trips only pull in the lower Fjords so if you can I'd recommend the 13/14 night cruises which enable you to get up to the North Cape and see a wider range of what Norway has to offer. I think we'd have done it again this year had there been departures from Harwich - and we'd have definitely done F&I had that been offered from Harwich. I'd love to go there and the reviews on here have just underlined it on my wish list! From the way you write about your trip happy v I'm sure you'd just love the full Norway experience. Another one for your list too methinks! ;)

Definitely on the list.:)

I actually thought the other day I'm glad I'm not rich and have been everwhere, as life is so much more exciting with things to look forward to.

Archived