Trivia

jburke1566

i loved the trivia on the cruise but I definitely witnessed a few cheaters!

Another thing I saw is they allow huge groups of people to compete. One group was probably 10 or more people - greatly improves the chance that someone knows the answer. I am not putting this in the same category as cheating but maybe they should restrict groups to 4 or less just to even it out a bit.

I always seemed to lose by 1 point. But it was fun anyway.

Another thing I saw is they allow huge groups of people to compete. One group was probably 10 or more people - greatly improves the chance that someone knows the answer. I am not putting this in the same category as cheating but maybe they should restrict groups to 4 or less just to even it out a bit.

I always seemed to lose by 1 point. But it was fun anyway.

I agree. It would be more fair if there wouldn't be any groups in the individual trivia games. This is the one thing I hate about doing the trivia games.

Trivia is my favorite activity on board! (Okay, my second favorite :o)

Although I suck at sports questions and being Dutch, I'm often at a disadvantage because I'm not that familiar with American popular culture (pet rock? lifesaver?), but I've managed to score one or two trophies on every sailing.

In addition to the games mentioned earlier in this thread, on longer cruises there's also a multiday progressive trivia challenge. Prize is not only a SOAS but a bottle of bubbly as well. Guess who won that one? :p

On one of my cruises, I've had the misfortune to compete against a gentleman who probably was a professional player (although he knew many questions from earlier cruises). He went to every single available game and at the end of the 7-day cruise he had gathered no less than 17 ships and 5 medals... and had his portrait taken with them by the ship's photographer :eek:.

17 sos?, after awhile what in the world do you want more for? I once one a second one on a cruise and gave it away.

We enjoy trivia, but having the honor system to determine the winner isn't very good. We have seen people write in some answers and then declare themselves the winners so they could get the ship on a stick trophy. :eek:

Well that stinks! DH and I love trivia games and I was hoping we'd be able to get one ship on a stick (I just want one) but sounds like that may not happen. :(

Well that stinks! DH and I love trivia games and I was hoping we'd be able to get one ship on a stick (I just want one) but sounds like that may not happen. :(

It is still fun to play. My goal is to get one on each cruise and happens about half the time.

I thought they asked the same questions, there was a guy on our cruise on the Dream and he was always beating us by like 2 questions or so. He told us he has sailed with CCL numerous times (it was our first). So now when I hear a song from the '80s music trivia I got right, I instill the song in my DH head so he can answer it, in case I am not there. I want another ship on the stick! I did, win the '80s music trivia. I beat that guy by the one song! Thank you Erasure for making a song I really like!

What is really sad are repeat cruisers that enter these trivia contests every cruise. Don't they like challenges, or are they people that like to look superior and not have to put forth any effort in life?

I thought they asked the same questions, there was a guy on our cruise on the Dream and he was always beating us by like 2 questions or so. He told us he has sailed with CCL numerous times (it was our first). So now when I hear a song from the '80s music trivia I got right, I instill the song in my DH head so he can answer it, in case I am not there. I want another ship on the stick! I did, win the '80s music trivia. I beat that guy by the one song! Thank you Erasure for making a song I really like!

I still have my Erasure cassette tape - LOL. Loved them. :)

Archived