Trivia

jburke1566

Some are made of teams and some aren't. All paper and pencil. I like the team ones as you get help with answers. Some I've done so many times I know all the answers!

Ridiculous that they are too lazy to change the questions.

Have seen people with the answers from the previous week.

Yes but it kind of ruins it for everyone else. Always surprised that they dont change questions.

Not exactly difficult is it.

Kind of like getting the same CD two cruises in a row. You've heard the same lame jokes over and over.

Yes but it kind of ruins it for everyone else. Always surprised that they dont change questions.

Not exactly difficult is it.

I have a BRILLIANT idea, lets all send JH new trivia questions and ask him to delegate changing up trivia.

We enjoy trivia, but having the honor system to determine the winner isn't very good. We have seen people write in some answers and then declare themselves the winners so they could get the ship on a stick trophy. :eek:

I thought they asked the same questions, there was a guy on our cruise on the Dream and he was always beating us by like 2 questions or so. He told us he has sailed with CCL numerous times (it was our first). So now when I hear a song from the '80s music trivia I got right, I instill the song in my DH head so he can answer it, in case I am not there. I want another ship on the stick! I did, win the '80s music trivia. I beat that guy by the one song! Thank you Erasure for making a song I really like!

Trivia is my favorite sea day activity.

We enjoy playing sports trivia. I am a woman and the men seem somewhat put out when a woman is playing sports trivia. Oh well :rolleyes: they seem pissed when I walk away with my 24-karat ship on a stick

Just got off the Conquest and the trivia games were my favorite sea day activity (see signature).

I played about 10 of the 25 or more games that they had during the week. Participation ranged from maybe 20 people (morning games at Cafe' Fans) to over 100 (Songs of the XXs Decade in the lobby). One game divided all participants into two teams for a competition over all three sea days.

For the most part I played alone in the regular games but those who played as a group definitely had an advantage as one can fill in the knowledge gaps of another. One group of four passengers had nine SOASs at last count.

Yes, questions were repeated occasionally from game to game. Will also say that a couple answers that the hosts had were wrong. Example: London Calling was released in December 1979, not in 1980.

For the most part, answers were written and self-checked. We did have a couple instances where the host spot-checked the winner's answers. Couldn't imagine someone cheating for <s>cheap plastic trophies</s>, I mean, the most coveted items on the ship.

Trivia is my favorite activity on board! (Okay, my second favorite :o)

Although I suck at sports questions and being Dutch, I'm often at a disadvantage because I'm not that familiar with American popular culture (pet rock? lifesaver?), but I've managed to score one or two trophies on every sailing.

In addition to the games mentioned earlier in this thread, on longer cruises there's also a multiday progressive trivia challenge. Prize is not only a SOAS but a bottle of bubbly as well. Guess who won that one? :p

On one of my cruises, I've had the misfortune to compete against a gentleman who probably was a professional player (although he knew many questions from earlier cruises). He went to every single available game and at the end of the 7-day cruise he had gathered no less than 17 ships and 5 medals... and had his portrait taken with them by the ship's photographer :eek:.

Archived