what happens....

Later afternoon, we had a note on our door (could have been under the door) that we needed to head down to the Naughty Room to collect our luggage. We knew after only receiving 4 of 5 bags a few hours earlier that we were in for that experience. Amazed at the number of people in line to acquire/open their bags. I intentionally pack whatever I don't want them to discover with a lot of ADULT TOYS / Lingerie / NAUGHTY Things. I also go down there DRESSED TO KILL (I've only had male examiners). They open the bag and then I begin lifting things out and if applicable, turning them on - whatever to create a distraction. I joke and kid around with various items (think really naughty)....always seem to get the attention of the other ladies in line who play along with me. Usually, the examiners are quickly zipping up my bags and telling me to have a great cruise. Need I say more?

Love that :D

I have never heard of curling irons not being allowed. In fact, I would think that that would actually cause a lot of problems with cruising. Even though you are on vacation, you still want to look put together.

I have never heard of curling irons not being allowed. In fact, I would think that that would actually cause a lot of problems with cruising. Even though you are on vacation, you still want to look put together.

ON my last cruise I brought 2 curling irons and my flat iron...... and never used any of them. :D

I really enjoy the trip deep into the lower bowels of the ship to the Naughty Room - it is a almost a tradition. LOVE to see what others are trying to smuggle onboard the ship. If you ever do have to journey there - make it an adventure.........have fun with it whether or not you it was a mistake or you were indeed bringing something banned on board. Just remember the security crew is just doing their job and trying to keep you and the fellow passengers safe. If you have that in mind it will be a very memorable experience for everyone concerned. You see everything from senior (I mean SENIOR) ladies with their BOBs to guys with cases of beer (case of beer - what were they thinking) to kids toys! I know that the stash of booze confiscated is HUGE.

We will be sailing with you in September. I a may just pack something, so I can go to the naughty room to see you pick up your stuff!!!

We will be sailing with you in September. I a may just pack something, so I can go to the naughty room to see you pick up your stuff!!!

If you want to get really fancy - hit the dollar store and buy some cheerleading pom-poms and you can cheer me on. Also pick up some rubber duckies for the pool while you are there!

Looking forward to meeting you........trust me you will probably run into us (our group - we are real characters and tend to be the ones always dressed in outrageous costumes laughing and dancing thru life).

Are you doing the M&M? :D

If you want to get really fancy - hit the dollar store and buy some cheerleading pom-poms and you can cheer me on. Also pick up some rubber duckies for the pool while you are there!

Looking forward to meeting you........trust me you will probably run into us (our group - we are real characters and tend to be the ones always dressed in outrageous costumes laughing and dancing thru life).

Are you doing the M&M? :D

Yes, I signed up just the other day. Only 45 days until we sail, 44 until we get to Ft Lauderdale!!!

Later afternoon, we had a note on our door (could have been under the door) that we needed to head down to the Naughty Room to collect our luggage. We knew after only receiving 4 of 5 bags a few hours earlier that we were in for that experience. Amazed at the number of people in line to acquire/open their bags. I intentionally pack whatever I don't want them to discover with a lot of ADULT TOYS / Lingerie / NAUGHTY Things. I also go down there DRESSED TO KILL (I've only had male examiners). They open the bag and then I begin lifting things out and if applicable, turning them on - whatever to create a distraction. I joke and kid around with various items (think really naughty)....always seem to get the attention of the other ladies in line who play along with me. Usually, the examiners are quickly zipping up my bags and telling me to have a great cruise. Need I say more?

Wow I want to party with you! :p

Great Story

~ Jules ~

What exactly happens in the naughty room?

Now get your minds out of the gutter, Im talking about if you bring something on board that you shouldn't have. Do they call your room to tell you to come and get it? Then what happens?

Tell me your stories. :D

I heard it is really the Red Room of Pain.:D:eek::D

M

That is true. I clarified just yesterday with RCI chat assistant. No steamers. no clothes irons. Curling ("flat") irons ok. Guess I will be getting right to the laundry for pressing when I check in :rolleyes:

I just came off the Radiance. I took a curling iron, a flat hair iron and a steamer. They all got through :)

Been there a couple times, it does seem to be in a place way down in the ship. Both times though it was for sodas in a can. I changed to plastic bottles and haven't been back since.............

I also got a couple of small plastic bottles of pepsi through. I bought them for my stay previous to the cruise and I refuse to throw them away. I'd rather take the chance of getting them confiscated

On the Allure it was on deck 2 I think. They got us for a mini steamer and extension cord we always bring for cpap machine. I was surprised at how many suitcases were there and alot had already been picked up because there were a couple tables loaded with liquor.

Are you allowed to bring a hair straightener. My daughter (thick curly hair) will die if she can not starighten her hair the entire trip. To her it will be a deal breaker for the trip.

Yup, no worries! I bring mine each trip and never have an issue!

ROTFLMAO! I spit on the computer I was laughing so hard. Just started the book 2 days ago and can NOT put it down. :D

E-Beth

Thought I might add a bit of spice to the boards.

M

ps - actually hated book one, tolerated book 2 and thankfully just finished book three. I read them because so many friends were reading the set. Author is laughing all the way to the bank!

Enjoy -

M

Archived