what happens....

What exactly happens in the naughty room?

Now get your minds out of the gutter, Im talking about if you bring something on board that you shouldn't have. Do they call your room to tell you to come and get it? Then what happens?

Tell me your stories. :D

What exactly happens in the naughty room?

Now get your minds out of the gutter, Im talking about if you bring something on board that you shouldn't have. Do they call your room to tell you to come and get it? Then what happens?

Tell me your stories. :D

Yes, you will have a phone message telling you where to go and pick up your luggage. They will have you open your bag to determine if you have something in it that your should not. If it is booze and has not been opened, they will return it to you on the last night. If it is open, or in water bottles or such, they will take it and you won't get that back.

Later afternoon, we had a note on our door (could have been under the door) that we needed to head down to the Naughty Room to collect our luggage. We knew after only receiving 4 of 5 bags a few hours earlier that we were in for that experience. Amazed at the number of people in line to acquire/open their bags. I intentionally pack whatever I don't want them to discover with a lot of ADULT TOYS / Lingerie / NAUGHTY Things. I also go down there DRESSED TO KILL (I've only had male examiners). They open the bag and then I begin lifting things out and if applicable, turning them on - whatever to create a distraction. I joke and kid around with various items (think really naughty)....always seem to get the attention of the other ladies in line who play along with me. Usually, the examiners are quickly zipping up my bags and telling me to have a great cruise. Need I say more?

Later afternoon, we had a note on our door (could have been under the door) that we needed to head down to the Naughty Room to collect our luggage. We knew after only receiving 4 of 5 bags a few hours earlier that we were in for that experience. Amazed at the number of people in line to acquire/open their bags. I intentionally pack whatever I don't want them to discover with a lot of ADULT TOYS / Lingerie / NAUGHTY Things. I also go down there DRESSED TO KILL (I've only had male examiners). They open the bag and then I begin lifting things out and if applicable, turning them on - whatever to create a distraction. I joke and kid around with various items (think really naughty)....always seem to get the attention of the other ladies in line who play along with me. Usually, the examiners are quickly zipping up my bags and telling me to have a great cruise. Need I say more?

You do it on purpose just to mess with them?? :D :D :D

OK - question - where is the Naughty Room. I hear about it on the boards all the time, but where is it? (I know it can vary by ship, I guess, is it Guest Services? Deck 2?)

Bottom of the ship down a dark gloomy hallway somewhere below the water line. Funeral music is playing, and a large Naughty Room sign is on the door....

actually, I have no idea, I am boring and tend to follow the rules.

on Serenade its just down on deck 1 in front of the Centrum elevators. They had opened the door to the crew hallway where there were storage lockers. The line snaked down the hallway and it took us 30 minutes to reach the front. You tell the security officer your cabin number, he retrieves your bag then places it on a table where another security guy opens it. He shook all our water bottles and zipped it up and off we went. There was a table full of liquor (box wine, huge whiskey bottles too) and another table with irons, steamers, curling irons, etc.

I actually got to find out the process earlier this year on Seranade out of San Juan......3 of 4 pieces of our luggage made it to our room and we finally got the phone call. My wife and I actually had to leave off the ship and go back into the terminal to get my bag.....but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what contraband I had (we don't try to smuggle anything, ever). Turns out I had a tiny combo pocketknife in my ditty bag (it's always in there along with a corkscrew, a cigar cutter and a bottle opener) that showed up on the x-ray machine, and they wouldn't let me take it on board. I had to check it at a desk and they gave me a claim ticket for it that I had to show when we returned to get it back.

9 cruises, never had a problem with anything......quite embarrasing. I guess the corkscrew and the guillotine weren't a problem, tho....:confused:

Jeff

We noticed only one of our two bags arrived also. Waited an hour, asked

the crew that was pulling out luggage from the crew door, called the front desk,

....no help. Another hour...still no bag. :( I knew I had nothing packed that

should have flagged that bag that had all clothes in it.

Ok...time to head down to the naughty room. Glad I did, as the line was getting

huge and then even worse behind me later. After an hour long wait in line,

they indeed had my bag (though I never received any word that they had it).

They gave it to me without opening it. The contraband? Wire hangers. :eek:

Sheeez.. It was quite obvious on the x-ray they showed me. I asked them

"Why did you pull this bag in the first place?" They said "the guys on shore did",

and let me take my bag. I am all in favor of security, but this was a little over

the top.

That made me miss one of my favorite things to do on a cruise...

the sailaway, while I was stuck in that line. Wow...you should have seen the

piles of booze, and even full cases of beer lined up on the table!! :eek:

I now have plastic hangers in packed in my bag for my cruise in 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

SO if you do pack alcohol and they find it, they make you open it up at the naughty room and take it.

But they return it on the last night to your room?

Most recently they seem to require you to pick it up as you disembark on the last day. :)

I really enjoy the trip deep into the lower bowels of the ship to the Naughty Room - it is a almost a tradition. LOVE to see what others are trying to smuggle onboard the ship. If you ever do have to journey there - make it an adventure.........have fun with it whether or not you it was a mistake or you were indeed bringing something banned on board. Just remember the security crew is just doing their job and trying to keep you and the fellow passengers safe. If you have that in mind it will be a very memorable experience for everyone concerned. You see everything from senior (I mean SENIOR) ladies with their BOBs to guys with cases of beer (case of beer - what were they thinking) to kids toys! I know that the stash of booze confiscated is HUGE.

I intentionally pack whatever I don't want them to discover with a lot of ADULT TOYS / Lingerie / NAUGHTY Things. I also go down there DRESSED TO KILL

Sounds like someone who isn't paying per pound on flying with their bags.:)

To each their own, I suppose. It just sounds like a lot of effort to save a few bucks on booze. Having said that, I'd love to be there to see their faces when you open the bag.:eek:

I brought a curling iron last time, no problems. I know clothes irons aren't allowed though.

That is true. I clarified just yesterday with RCI chat assistant. No steamers. no clothes irons. Curling ("flat") irons ok. Guess I will be getting right to the laundry for pressing when I check in :rolleyes:

Archived