Star Princess comes to the aid of sailboat

vickie_bernie

On today's news there was report of the Star Princess coming to the aid of sailboat by blocking the waves so that the coast guard could assist.

Here is a link to the newspaper story about it

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/hoisted+helicopter+rescue+after+sailboat+loses+steering/6948789/story.html

Thats a bit of excitment, glad to hear that the men were safe unlike the boat. Sounds like the Sea Princess was not appreciated for blocking the wind and waves, I suppose you wouldn't know until you try.:D

... Sounds like the Sea Princess was not appreciated for blocking the wind and waves, I suppose you wouldn't know until you try.:D

I wouldn't say they weren't appreciated. The Sea Princess did this based on the direction of the authorites, then the authorities realized it worked against them instead of in thier favor. Sounds to me like the authorites made a bad decission and honestly...should have known better, they are supposed to be the experts in these situations.

I wouldn't say they weren't appreciated. The Sea Princess did this based on the direction of the authorites, then the authorities realized it worked against them instead of in thier favor. Sounds to me like the authorites made a bad decission and honestly...should have known better, they are supposed to be the experts in these situations.

I agree, it is just that the rescuer was critical of the part Princess played by making it more dangerous. The authorities may have got the ship too close. Or maybe they got it right as it may have been much worse without the big ship blocking the wind.:D

Archived