Star Princess "Late" ??

RetiredNTraveling

Incredible. What a story. We were on the old Crown Princess between Cuba and Florida when the ship sounded its horns and stopped. There was a raft of Cuban refugees floating near by and the ship picked them up. Once they were safetly onbaoard the ship continued.

well over 7 hours late in Ketchikan....but left much less late than that....perhaps hoping to make it up finally by Juneau ? I suspect most if not all the excursions in Ketchikan have been cancelled....and I further suggest that the early morning call into TracyArm tomorrow morning will also be '' shortened'' , should this be needed to ensure a 13;30hr docking in Juneau.

As Princess will no doubt incur noticeable costs in compensation and lost revenues for all the cancelled excursions and their related fees, is it itself able to benefit of a compensation process from either the Cdn Coast Guard of the USCG ? Just curious. Of course, ''helping each other out at high seas'' is a mandatory protocol-driven cost of doing business....

Cheers

As Princess will no doubt incur noticeable costs in compensation and lost revenues for all the cancelled excursions and their related fees, is it itself able to benefit of a compensation process from either the Cdn Coast Guard of the USCG ?

No.

My husband would be a whole lot richer if the Star had been 7 hours late into Ketchikan last week. He bought me a really nice Birthday/Anniversary present while in port!:) However, I would have been very disappointed as I love the port of Ketchikan, such a charming port.

My husband would be a whole lot richer if the Star had been 7 hours late into Ketchikan last week. He bought me a really nice Birthday/Anniversary present while in port!:) However, I would have been very disappointed as I love the port of Ketchikan, such a charming port.

Did you stop at Bernard Passman? It's my favorite store in Ketchican

Archived