Questioning time frame.....

fischymom

Good Morning (or almost afternoon here) to everyone. I have a question about taking taxi to red hook then ferry to St John and Cinnamon Bay. Freedom of the Seas arrives at 11am and departs at 7pm. I was leaning to going independently to St John's/Cinnamon Bay but I question if we would get any enjoyment out of it by the time you get off ship get taxi get to ferry (probibly 12noon ferry) and then finally to Cinnamon Bay would you waste all your time? Most recommend returning 3 hours prior to ship leaving so that would put us at 4pm.

So would this be worth the time, money and effert to do? Or should we stay at St Thomas and explore?

I think it is hard for others to tell if you would get enjoyment out of the trek.:p There are plenty of beaches within a 20-30 minute drive. Only you can decide if the 1 1/2 hours on public transportation is worth it. What do you want to do at Cinnamon? Why do you have to be back 3 hours before sailing?

I was more intrigued by the fact that is less used, ie qieter at Cinnamon Bay. But I really dont have anything planned for our day at St. Thomas and that was really interesting to go to a less "touristy" location.

8 hrs is a short time in port for the trip to STJ, you can do it but you will have just a few hrs at Cinnamon at best. I like the idea of going there, but with that limited time we would probably head to Lindquist Bay on the East End of STT because that is less crowded. You could also hit nearby Sapphire Beach if you want a little more in the way of amenities. And Big Bambooz in Red Hook or Iggy's at Bolongo Bay would be fun for a rum punch and a bite. You'd be able to see a few places on STT rather than spending a little more time getting to & from Cinnamon.

But either would be enjoyable and away from the major crowds. One note, the taxi rides are really a great way to see both islands and the ferry ride can be very pleasant on a nice day.

Have fun!

I really think that I am leaning to staying at StT because I don't want to spend so much of our time going back and forth. Thank you guys so much for input. I will look more info up on the internet about Secret Harbor, Sapphire Bay and Lindquist Bay.

Archived