HELP!!!! I can't decide which room to book on Allure

We cruised on Oasis and have also been on Voyager and Freedom. I prefer Balcony rooms but hate dealing with the cigars and cig. smoke:( I always feel stressed because I don't know which room to select and would love to hear from others who have a formula to selecting the best room or have had a great experience in a specific room on this class of ship. I wish I could stay in a Loft Suite but that is a little out of the question:rolleyes: so I'm way happy in my Balcony:D.

Any advise I can get will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to book for next June and I have several points about to expire so I need to make a selection soon.

Lynita

If you love the balcony rooms try a Central Park or Boardwalk one! We had 1 of each (Central Park and Ocean view balcony) and loved them both. If you're a people watcher than the interior ones are nice. The Boardwalk is louder, but you also can see part of the ocean. I have a few pictures of my Central Park views in my signature if you're interested :)

Oops, and to elaborate on my method for choosing it, I figured those are the most unique type of balcony rooms. All ships have ocean views...

I'm in agreement with previous replies and would suggest a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony.

If it were me, I'd look at the Boardwalk balconies that are as close to the Aquatheater as you can get in that cabin category. That way you'll be in an area that doesn't allow smoking on the balconies and also have a very interesting view...part Boardwalk, part Aquatheater and part oceanview towards the aft and the wake.

Had to laugh. The guy next to our Loft Suite was smoking a cigar on his balcony. Those aren't immune either. He was one mean looking s0n-of-gun too. (One of those guys with a permanent scowl on his face.) There was no way I was about to ask him to put it out.

sorry, but I would definitely opt for an ocean balcony (& i am very much a nonsmoker). I was on Oasis last summer & to me the interior balconies seemed like they would be hot and echo any noise. Plus, to me one of the reasons to cruise is to see the ocean !!! If you want t room overlooking Central Park, you go to NYC.

just me

Sheardiva,

My wife and I had cabin 11700 on the starboard side aft of the Allure. Nice ocean view balcony cabin close to elevators, and to the aft "secret" public viewing balcony that overlooks the Aqua Theater. Overall, I wasn't very happy with the size of the cabin. The storage space isn't anywhere close to the Freedom Class Ships. I'm glad I cruised on the Allure. Would I do it again, probably not. I prefer the Freedom and Voyager class ships much better.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tom

I love the boardwalk balconies; I am sailing in October for the 2nd time on Allure. We had the very last balcony (10729) last year and the same for this year in October. Never had any noise problem (however, I don't go to bed early) and loved the fact that we could sit on the balcony and view the water as well as the boardwalk. This is my favorite cabin; as soon as I saw the artist rendering of the boardwalk on the Oasis, I chose this as my favorite cabin. Love it!!!!!

sorry, but I would definitely opt for an ocean balcony (& i am very much a nonsmoker). I was on Oasis last summer & to me the interior balconies seemed like they would be hot and echo any noise. Plus, to me one of the reasons to cruise is to see the ocean !!! If you want t room overlooking Central Park, you go to NYC.

just me

Good to hear it. We're sailing on Oasis in an ocean facing balcony but on the 9th deck (mid). I sure hope there's no smoke smell. Never had a problem before and hopefully our luck continues.

I would choose any balcony cabin on Deck 8 that has the bed by the balcony and is somewhat near the elevators. Central Park is so convenient for food and it is really nice to walk through it rather than long hallways when you are going forward or aft. It made the walk seem so much shorter.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advise. It's very much appreciated. I continued searching yesterday and found a site that gives a ton of information on the rooms and floor plans of the Oasis Class Ships. I will post it for anyone else who may wish to check it out. It's at deckplansgenius.com and they have many lines and ships plans available.

Here's to great cruising for all!:D

Archived