Cruising to cyprus, israel, turkey, and egypt

Will the ncl take care of all visas needed for ports in these countries for usa citizens and also mexican citizens. We all have passports and the mexican also has a usa visa. Will be sailing the ncl ship jade in feb. 2013

Last year, our cruise on Norwegian Jade included a stop in Alexandria (overnight). We did need Visas, but NCL took care of all that for us. Can't speak to the other countries you mention.

I am only answering for US citizens, I don't know 100% for Mexico...

In Egypt, you will be issued a "Quick Stay" visa by the ship (whether or not you book a ship excursion -- don't let them scare you, it is provided by the Egyptian government, not by the cruise ship.)

In Turkey you do not need a visa for a port stop on a cruise. You would only need a visa if you were beginning or ending your cruise in Turkey.

For the other stops you mention, no visa required.

Well you do need a visa that is normally obtained on board the ship for Egypt. It's not a traditional visa. I would just double check with NCL to be sure they do this.

Cruisermom is correct about Turkey.

Keith

Well you do need a visa that is normally obtained on board the ship for Egypt. It's not a traditional visa. I would just double check with NCL to be sure they do this.

Cruisermom is correct about Turkey.

Keith

At least a half dozen of the respondents on this thread were from NCL cruises to Egypt and reported that NCL handles the visa the same as I reported above:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008588&highlight=egypt+visa

I realize nothing is set in stone, and fewer ships are stopping in Egypt so it is hard to get recent experience.

At least a half dozen of the respondents on this thread were from NCL cruises to Egypt and reported that NCL handles the visa the same as I reported above:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008588&highlight=egypt+visa

I realize nothing is set in stone, and fewer ships are stopping in Egypt so it is hard to get recent experience.

Please take another look.

Actually only 1 respondent said they took an NCL cruise.

Keith

Please take another look.

Actually only 1 respondent said they took an NCL cruise.

Keith

I count 4 with actual cruise experiences with NCL: Posts #3, #21, #33, and #51, plus another passenger who had written materials in hand from NCL confirming the same process, #50.

:confused:

I have cruised on Princess, Celebrity, Cunard and HAL to these ports, visas were taken care of for US citizens by all cruise lines. Do not know about Mexican citizens, having a US visas ?? I would check with the consultats of Turkey, Israel and Eqypt. This can easily be done via the internet. I checked with the consultats of Turkey and Eqypt myself a few years back over the internet..

I am planning on going on the Jade next April to these ports, am not concerned as a US citizen.

Archived