excursions savings question

FunShipCruiser05

Ok so im looking one one website for that "savings" book for 99.95.

It doesn't say the tour operator.

Alaska Whale Watching

Whale Watching Cruise in Juneau

2-for-1 Offer: Receive one 2.5-hour wildlife and whale watching trip FREE with purchase of an accompanying trip.Advance reservations required. Space is limited. Valid May 5-Sept. 25, 2012. Minimum booking requirements apply. Taxes and fuel charges (if any) will be applied at time of departure.

Value up to $159.00 Map This Location

Coupon Expires: 09-25-2012

Watch for humpback whales, sea lions, bald eagles, porpoise and more on this scenic cruise from Auke Bay, just north of Juneau.

Designed for comfort with fold-in "safari" windows, this vessel has a hydrophone, silent cabin heaters, a full stand up head, and two viewing decks. Cruise from Juneau to the Tlingit village of Hoonah, located on Chichagof Island. Possible wildlife encounters include: Humpback Whales, Stellar Sea Lions, Dall's Porpoise, Harbor Seals, Killer Whales, Bald Eagles, and an assortment of shorebirds.

So do people go and buy these books without knowing the operator or is there some way to find out who it is before buying?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO 159x2 = 318

99.95 for the book + 159 = 258.95 / 2 = 129 per person

Saves like 30.00.

I guess that's still a savings! hmmm but with Orca it looks like and not harv and marvs :( I guess either one does the trick, though this whale watching tour is 1.5 hours shorter than harv and marvs at about 160.00 and 1.5 hours longer

Now if I add a few more excursions, now i see the savings!

oh i never would have thought that would be a name of a vendor, i figured it was just named.. an alaska whale watching tour lol

I agree, it was confusing. And for someone not familiar with the coupon book, it is easy to understand why you didn't catch the name of the vendor. You think they could have thought of a more creative name.

lol yep. Im just scared of getting scammed.

So then I see denali train from anchorage to talkeetna or whatever its called. 70-89.00 is normally the ticket. So that would save 70-89 on a buy 1 get 1 (or 2 for price of 1). Sounds like a deal and it says 14 days refund too. So I guess if its a scam, i can send it back haha. I guess my other worry is that, I get it, and the tours are not available. Maybe best to call alaska whale watching and see if the tours are available on the date im there and mention have the 2 for 1 offer? Then they will tell me if its available?

How about the train? Don't they only honor a certain number of 2 for 1's ? Wonder if i have to call them and book directly and let them know of the coupon, to see if its available. and could I leave on the train to whittier whenever I want? Like if I need to leave at 9:45am, can i leave at that time as would have an independent excursion booked in whittier day of cruise?

lol yep. Im just scared of getting scammed.

So then I see denali train from anchorage to talkeetna or whatever its called. 70-89.00 is normally the ticket. So that would save 70-89 on a buy 1 get 1 (or 2 for price of 1). Sounds like a deal and it says 14 days refund too. So I guess if its a scam, i can send it back haha. I guess my other worry is that, I get it, and the tours are not available. Maybe best to call alaska whale watching and see if the tours are available on the date im there and mention have the 2 for 1 offer? Then they will tell me if its available?

How about the train? Don't they only honor a certain number of 2 for 1's ? Wonder if i have to call them and book directly and let them know of the coupon, to see if its available. and could I leave on the train to whittier whenever I want? Like if I need to leave at 9:45am, can i leave at that time as would have an independent excursion booked in whittier day of cruise?

NO this book is not a "scam". I have been using it for years, and continue to do so. Vendors can and do, limit the number of coupons they accept. It isn't automatic you will get the savings. You MUST mention the coupon at the time of booking for any confirmation.

There is only ONE train run to Whittier per day. Toursaver may also have a Prince William Sound coupon to also use. Vendors, and deals change every year. So if going next year, don't make any plans until later fall when the new book comes out.

The books are going on eBay for $30-50. Check which coupons if any are used. If you buy one, after you have paid ask for the book number to be emailed and start calling for reservations while book is being shipped. On our trip the Helo coupon was not good. One shore trip we booked saved about 1/2 the cost. If we use it twice more as walk up (Juneau tram & Glacier gardens) the rest will be gravy.

Archived